How the heck is the MCU going to handle Eternals?

MasterCat

Civilian
Reaction score
So here's the thing. Jack Kirby's Eternals was a 19-issue comic about the Godzilla-sized ancient aliens who created us landing on Earth to analyze whether the intelligent life on Earth should live or die, with the monstrous Deviants they created trying to stop them and the Greek god-like Eternals revealing themselves to mainline humans to tell them to accept the Celestials/alien gods. The Celestials land on Earth in issue #3 and are still gathering information to judge us at the end.
Is Marvel Studios really going to put that in a movie as something unrelated future releases have to either address or inexplicably ignore? With the standard 3-year sequel gap, that's like 8 unrelated films.

Not sure what type of premise they may decide to use as a basis for the story. I think that all truly depends on where the MCU is once the IW saga is over with and they explore the cosmic side more. Right now no one has a clue whats happening.

Thanos is supposed to be a member of the Eternals so this could very well be a backstory as well.

If they can make Gotg happen, they could make this a success.

This isn't about financial success; it's about the Godzilla-sized aliens who created us walking the Earth during movies released between Eternals and Eternals 2.

Spiderine said:
Thanos is supposed to be a member of the Eternals so this could very well be a backstory as well.

Setting it in the distant past is one way to handle it.

Well I was referring to critical success. In a film franchise, that already introduced Dormammu, it's not that complicated. A little more imagination also helps.

I said this a while ago in the Thor Sequels Thread.

After Ragnarok I am hoping they will introduce the Eternals and the Olympians to the MCU. I would love to see a Battle between Thor and Hercules, Odin and Zeus and the Celestials landing on earth to create the Eternals. However, there has always been a problem in my mind with introducing both, because some of the Characters have similar names, powers and even looks. So to show that one group came from the Celestials and the other group came from Gaea and Ouranos, with no connection always seemed like too great a coincidence for the audience to buy it. So, with that said the options then becomes 1. Introduce only one of the 2 Groups and never use the other. 2. Introduce both Groups, but either change any of the characters that are too similar or avoid using them all together. For example Zeus and Zuras I would say not to use Zuras. However, a 3rd option came to mind. What if there was a way to connect their stories so it all made sense. So, I began doing some research on the matter and I noticed with both the Olympians and with the Eternals there were 2 Characters that seemed to be at the beginning of each story. Those Characters are Ouranos the Olympian and Uranos the Eternal, as well as Cronus the Olympian and Kronos the Eternal. In the Olympian Story Ouranos is the Father and Cronus is his Son. However, in the Eternals story Uranus and Kronos are Brothers. So, there is definitely some differences, but I tried to figure out how it would be best to try to connect these two groups. After much consideration, I decided that the best way is to have the Celestials create Kronos and Uranos using the Eternals story, along with several other first Generation Eternals. At this point the Olympian's still do not exist. Then to have Kronos mate with his Wife Daina (another Eternal) to create Zuras and Alar's (Mentor). Zuras will father Azura who will later become Thena, and Alar's will eventually mate with Sui San to give Birth to the Titan race including Thanos and Eros (Star Fox). However, back to how the Olympians fit into this. In Mythology and Marvel lore Ouranos mates with Gaea to create the race of Olympians. So, I started thinking since they are brothers in the Eternals story, what if I had Kronos from the Eternals mate with Gaea instead to create Zeus, Poseidon, Pluto, Hera and Hades of the Olympian bloodline with Zeus's line eventually leading to Hercules, Venus, Ares, Apollo, Athena and Hermes. Anyways, by doing so the Similarities of lets say Zuras and Zeus now have merit as they would be half brothers. Also, Gaea had relations with Odin which resulted in Thor, so it keeps the bloodlines connected between Asgardians and Olympians as well. So, I guess just like with the MCU it is all connected. Anyways, just some thoughts.

So, It would be nice if Marvel could kind of start with the Eternals and then kind of do this thing where it branches off into different groups. Olympians, Titans and even connects to Asgardians. At least I think something along those lines would be cool.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"