The Eternals

Becky and Milo need to have a book all to themselves where they beat the **** out of bad guys while having sex. I'd totally buy it. :up:

So you're saying it would be like that one scene from Shoot 'Em Up for the entirety of every comic?

Because **** yes I would pay money for that.

Dialects: Linguistics. a variety of a language that is distinguished from other varieties of the same language by features of phonology, grammar, and vocabulary, and by its use by a group of speakers who are set off from others geographically or socially.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dialect

No, really, I know what I'm talking about.

It appears Cali is the new New York in terms of superhero activity. Eternals are runnin around there, Runaways live there, it's the new base of operations for the X-Men. :up:

Yeah, California's got a lot of heroes now. The Order's still active there, too.

I'm glad, time for another state to get trashed(Sorry CT :(). NY was getting way too much attention over the last few decades.

Seriously. I hope Marvel's books expand their scope overall. They've been limited to New York for too long.

Also, in case anyone was wondering what I meant by JR Jr.'s Sersi redesign, here it is:

SERSI2.jpg

It had the same color scheme--dark green with light green highlights. The only thing I like from the costume that made it to the Eternals #1 covers is the tight metallic collar, rather than Romita's high, open collar.

Ye gads! She looks like she's trying out for Green Queen of the Hellfire Club!!!

Why couldn't they bring back the red and black outfit she wore in the Harras/Epting Avengers?

I think because Sersi's color scheme for literally everything else she's ever appeared in was green. That's still no excuse for that monstrosity, though. Didn't Sersi become a fashion designer when she lost her memories, too? :o

Is Phastos white now :huh:

He sorta looks that way in that one panel he appears in in issue #2...

I think because Sersi's color scheme for literally everything else she's ever appeared in was green. That's still no excuse for that monstrosity, though. Didn't Sersi become a fashion designer when she lost her memories, too? :o
Hahahaha! In page 4 of 4 in that preview she looks like a villain from that Mortal Kombat tv show!

Nonetheless the previews look ****ing cool! I picked up the first issue and I think this going to be good.

I liked #3 a LOT. Anybody else picking this up?

I have #3 on my desk to read but not got round to it yet, haven't been too impressed so far tbh.

Yeah, this was just kind of "meh" for me so I was considering wrapping up the first arc and then dropping the title--

--BUT! I thought #3 was extremely good and it really has me interested in the Eternals again. I look foward to reading more.

Yeah, I liked that scene where [blackout]Thena was asking Phastos all those questions and she looked up at him with those crazy gold eyes. That was cool.

I also thought the Celestial fight scene was awesome.[/blackout] Great art and writing combinations all around.

I hope they don't just get rid of Acuna after the first 6 issues like they do so often. I prefer when an artist and writer stick together for the whole run. Like Millar/Hitch, Bendis/Maleev, or Ennis/Dillon-- if it's not broke, don't fix it. It's not like Marvel can't afford it either.

A lot of the time, it's not that they "get rid" of the artist, it's that the artist chooses to leave. Some artists just don't like committing to series for too long.

Huh. I didn't know that.

I guess the least they could do was replace the artists with someone as good or better. I hate when a book I really like goes from having an awesome, top-notch art team to a crappy third rate art team the next month.

Eternals/X-Men crossover starting soon

I'm looking forward to it. It's a really unlikely combination of characters, which is great because it'll feel fresh, but it also makes sense that they'd end up crossing paths because they're both making waves in the same place.

That should be interesting. I wonder if they're going to address whatever it was the High Evolutionary did to the Dreaming Celestial in Uncanny 500. (Fraction, in an interview, referred to it as lobotomizing the Celestial; which I don't believe for a minute. :yay:)

The Dreaming Celestial appears to be fine in Eternals, so I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"