Eternals Eternals II

I don't know if that's really the case but Campea says that Feige absolutely loves the film and will green-light a sequel (most likely with Chloe Zhao directing again), no matter what the critics say or what the BO numbers are.

I don't know if that's really the case but Campea says that Feige absolutely loves the film and will green-light a sequel (most likely with Chloe Zhao directing again), no matter what the critics say or what the BO numbers are.

John Campea also once said there's no way Deadpool would ever get released with an R-rating.

Ignoring box office for a moment, we're getting 4 movies a year soon and a bunch of shows. In this overload of Marvel content, I think there is room for Eternals to get either a movie sequel or something on D+ to continue the story.

I don't necessarily need a sequel although I'm sure we'll get one. Like others have said though, these characters will probably pop up elsewhere first

I’ll wait and see how the movie does in its second weekend before I can confidently say it’ll get a sequel.

With the numbers that Cruella and Jungle Cruise got, which I know are affected by Covid. The reported opening worldwide weekend numbers of Eternals should be enough for Disney to greenlit a sequel. I don't see a disastrous boX office drop either.

I brought up Cruella and Jungle Cruise, as I don't think the sequel for those is going to do a lot better at the boX office (assuming they are released in a post-Covid world) than Marvel Studio's EternaIIs. Certain characters could appear in Avengers 5, Guardians, Thor before the sequel; and those appearances would act as indirect promo for the sequel.

If they do an Eternals sequel, it probably won’t be out for another 3 to 5 years. I can see some of these characters coming out in other MCU films or even Disney+ series spin-offs

Aren't we talking about a possible Disney-released Deadpool movie?

No the original Deadpool at FOX.

With the numbers that Cruella and Jungle Cruise got, which I know are affected by Covid. The reported opening worldwide weekend numbers of Eternals should be enough for Disney to greenlit a sequel. I don't see a disastrous boX office drop either.

I brought up Cruella and Jungle Cruise, as I don't think the sequel for those is going to do a lot better at the boX office (assuming they are released in a post-Covid world) than Marvel Studio's EternaIIs. Certain characters could appear in Avengers 5, Guardians, Thor before the sequel; and those appearances would act as indirect promo for the sequel.

Post-COVID, lol.

No the original Deadpool at FOX.

We were talking about whether Feige has enough clout to make an Eternals sequel happen even if this one isn't financially successful. What the heck has Fox's Deadpool to do with that?

We were talking about whether Feige has enough clout to make an Eternals sequel happen even if this one isn't financially successful. What the heck has Fox's Deadpool to do with that?

That's not what I was referring to.

If they come up with a better script then I would have no problem with Zhao returning to direct.

I don’t see this getting a sequel based on the reception. I think the characters will show up in other properties but I don’t see it happening.

I don’t see this getting a sequel based on the reception. I think the characters will show up in other properties but I don’t see it happening.

Feige isn't as reactionary as WB's execs. He turned it around with Thor Ragnarok, he can turn it around with Eternals 2.

Feige isn't as reactionary as WB's execs. He turned it around with Thor Ragnarok, he can turn it around with Eternals 2.
The decision to make a sequel or not won’t be decided by the reception of the movie, it will be decided by how well it does at the box office. It’s opening weekend, is only the first test, the real test is to see if it can survive the bad word of mouth with bad reviews and mixed audience reaction. Which is why I think we’ll have to wait and see how well this flick does in its second weekend. Feige won’t get the chance to turn things around and course correct with a sequel if he cannot financially justify making one, especially a sequel to a really expensive movie that’s bound to be expensive too.

The decision to make a sequel or not won’t be decided by the reception of the movie, it will be decided by how well it does at the box office. It’s opening weekend, is only the first test, the real test is to see if it can survive the bad word of mouth with bad reviews and mixed audience reaction. Which is why I think we’ll have to wait and see how well this flick does in its second weekend. Feige won’t get the chance to turn things around and course correct with a sequel if he cannot financially justify making one, especially a sequel to a really expensive movie that’s bound to be expensive too.

We're in a different world now though. Even if this doesn't get a proper film sequel, now we have Disney+ so if a film cannot be justified financially, Disney+ could still be an option

At this point Feige has enough clout that he can get away with making another one even if the first one does disappointing business.

The film is too dense with connections to just leave these characters out in the cold.

That said... I'm sure that Feige and Co. were really hoping that like GOTG before them that the Eternals would be a hit and create fan faves that can function as the "Cosmic heroes" guest stars in the next big cross over Avengers movie and be, like the Guardians, a energized and fun added ingredient to the mix while adding another individual series of films.

Also it is clear there are breadcrumbs here to indicate where a lot of things are going in the MCU. Plans that are already underway. I doubt they drop the Eternals story completely even if they don't get a sequel.

Reel Rejects did a poll on their live spoiler talk stream just moments ago and after almost 800 votes, 74% "Absolutely" want to see one.

I think there's potential for a sequel and with the cast paired down, I think it's possible. But the script would have to be good.

Reel Rejects did a poll on their live spoiler talk stream just moments ago and after almost 800 votes, 74% "Absolutely" want to see one.

I never listen to those type of polls. They’re biased. The only people who would tune in to a live spoiler talk are most likely hard core fans who love the movie to begin with. I would rather see what the general audience thinks about a potential sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"