Eternals Eternals II

Reaction score
Moore revealed that a trilogy like Captain America‘s or Iron Man‘s hadn’t been planned, at least not for now. But that doesn’t mean that it won’t happen at some point since discussions for a potential sequel “have happened” already.

“To some degree, as the movie is finished and we’ve started showing it, audiences will tell us what they love, what they don’t understand, what they want more of,” he added. “We don’t presume to know what’s best for people or what they’re going to fall in love with. So there is a bit of discovery still.”
Eternals Producer Talks MCU Ramifications, Sequel Discussions

Do you want an Eternals 2?

I'd like to see Eternals get a 2nd chance, plus
StarfoX is probably going to be in the sequel so I'm interested about that.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me. The characters for the most part I'm sure we'll see again, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be in an "Eternals 2". Plenty of cross-pollenation with the cosmic stuff, lots of possibilities.

The post-credits stuff does sound pretty intriguing.

I think these are statements made to attract viewers. I saw the film today and I can tell you that in my opinion there will certainly be an Eternals 2.

Putting aside all the negative reviews and the fact that I haven't seen the movie yet, when this movie was first announced, one of my first thoughts was "Is this gonna be a one and done?". While I thought it was interesting they were gonna try to make a movie about the Eternals, I didn't really see this being a franchise that they were gonna try to spin out sequels. I figured it was gonna be a standalone movie that would potentially change the status quo for the MCU and characters/story bits would bleed over to other movies (like say Black Knight and Sersi becoming Avengers, or the implications of the Celestials being the creators of mankind, etc...).

That's not to say I'm opposed to seeing an Eternals 2 or anything, just figured they weren't going to even attempt one, even before the reviews were released.

Last edited:
Seems they're going to need to retool their plans a bit in a sequel with how poorly received this one has been.

Putting aside all the negative reviews and the fact that I haven't seen the movie yet, when this movie was first announced, one of my first thoughts was "Is this gonna be a one and done?". While I thought it was interesting they were gonna try to make a movie about the Eternals, I didn't really see this being a franchise that they were gonna try to spin out sequels. I figured it was gonna be a standalone movie that would potentially change the status quo for the MCU and characters/story bits would bleed over to other movies (like say Black Knight and Sersi becoming Avengers, or the implications of the Celestials being the creators of mankind, etc...).

That's not to say I'm opposed to seeing an Eternals 2 or anything, just figured they weren't going to even attempt one, even before the reviews were released.
Given their obscurity, it sounds like it can be the one and done movie.

But knowing Disney and Marvel Studios, every Ip that gets a movie is eXpected to at least get a second movie. The only eXception is Black widow because of her fate in Endgame.

Given their obscurity, it sounds like it can be the one and done movie.

But knowing Disney and Marvel Studios, every Ip that gets a movie is eXpected to at least get a second movie. The only eXception is Black widow because of her fate in Endgame.

Honestly I feel the jury's still out on Black Widow, mostly cuz of Florence Pugh. I feel that has a better chance of getting a sequel than Eternals.

If there is not a part 2 certain eternals could get a spin off series,one shots like gotg and untitled halloween special or even a disney plus movie in the future.
There is talk that marvel may start having disney plus movies.
Even if there is a part 2 and i think a part 2 could happen, the above still could happen too on disney plus.

Will Marvel Abandon Eternals If Audiences Hate First Movie - TJCS Companion Video

The eternals talk starts around 4:10

If there is not a part 2 certain eternals could get a spin off series,one shots like gotg and untitled halloween special or even a disney plus movie in the future.
There is talk that marvel may start having disney plus movies.
Even if there is a part 2 and i think a part 2 could happen, the above still could happen too on disney plus.
A direct to streaming Marvel feature film would be eXpensive though?

The Marvel shows are eXpensive too (I guess) but at least they are spreading out the episodes for 5 to 8 weeks.

Might as well just release that feature film to theaters/vod first, to maXimize profits.

I had little interest in Eternals before the movie, and I have no interest in a sequel after watching the movie.

They will need the revamp it by adding a bit more known characters that have experience leading a movie. I am not expecting a sequel any time soon and with all the movies being pushed back. A sequel would not happen for like 6+ years if that.

They will need the revamp it by adding a bit more known characters that have experience leading a movie. I am not expecting a sequel any time soon and with all the movies being pushed back. A sequel would not happen for like 6+ years if that.

Rather than a sequel, I could see some characters returning in a different movie that's branded with a different title and repackaging them with different characters like you suggest.

Hmm I hope they keep it mostly Eternals. I'm interested to see new Eternals.

We still need to see boX office results because if this does well, or even okay numbers, characters like Sersi and Thena would be known to the public now.

There's plenty of places some of these can return. I could see some of them show up in GotG or Thor. I could see some return in Avengers 5. I could see us getting a Black Knight show/movie. Who knows. Though I do wonder where a big thing from the end of the movie will be resolved.

I'd be down for an Eternals 2 but I have a feeling we'll be seeing a good chunk of these characters pop up elsewhere first.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eros, Pip, Thena, Druig and Makkari pop up in Guardians Vol. 3 and Dane will most likely be in Blade.

I'd be down for an Eternals 2 but I have a feeling we'll be seeing a good chunk of these characters pop up elsewhere first.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eros, Pip, Thena, Druig and Makkari pop up in Guardians Vol. 3 and Dane will most likely be in Blade.
Or they appear in Marvels depending on the storyline in that movie.

Or they appear in Marvels depending on the storyline in that movie.
Oh right, I forgot that one was coming out before GOTG Vol. 3, thus making it the next big cosmic movie in the pipeline. Thor: Love and Thunder will more than likely lean towards the cosmic side a great deal but I really doubt anyone from Eternals shows up in that. The movie is going to be crowded enough with the Guardians as is.

I have no doubt that we will see some of these characters again.
But, I never thought that a sequel for this was necessarily part of the plan.
If this had hit with a $125 million weekend, maybe.
But, we do not currently live in that world.

Honestly, if I never see them again onscreen, I won't lose sleep over it. No one really left a big impression.

Well

The film literally said Eternals will return, whether they are just going to be supporting characters in other Mcu films or headline EternaIIs; is anyone's guess. But I don't think Marvel Studios has the intention for the film, to be a 1 and done. So I think we'll see a sequel in 2025, if not 2026 or 2027. Thats a long time, Eternals could show in other films to earn some goodwill from audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"