• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread - Part 1

So... for the uninitiated, what's a Tony award?

It's Broadway's version of the Oscars. The awards are on Sunday night at Radio City Music Hall, and the show will be aired live on CBS.

Hugh won a Best Actor in a Musical Tony in 2004 for The Boy From Oz (which he was amazing in), this is his fourth time hosting the Tony Awards telecast. He actually won an Emmy for hosting the Tonys the same year he won the Tony.

I'm looking forward to the show. We've got Hugh hosting, and I've actually gotten around to seeing a few of the nominated show this year.

It being a US award and for Broadway shows goes a long way to explaining why I've never heard of it :oldrazz:

Haha...don't worry, there are people outside of NY who've barely heard of it... :funny:

Am I nitpicking too much, but don´t you think that Wolverine was handled in perfection on X1? They did all the shots in proper angles so his height won´t stand out as much in comparison with the other characters.

I love how Jackman captured the essence of the character. He has done an astounding job, however when the character needs to be recast, the studio will surely cast someone according Jackman instead of Wolverine.

I liked that he was short in X1. I pretend that he wears heeled boots and is standing on an elevation every time he's next to anyone else now.

I liked that he was short in X1. I pretend that he wears heeled boots and is standing on an elevation every time he's next to anyone else now.

hahahah! I´m with you!

I think the nitpicking is because Jackman DELIVERED The Wolverine. And brought it almost to perfection, that details like the height still looks a lil off to me, and honest truth, trying to take care of the height on the shots isn´t that hard or expensive. They simply didn´t care after X1.

It's the minority of a minority that cares about Jackman's height though. I only discovered very recently that Wolverine is meant to be short

I first saw that, I thought he was going Bobby Van's for lunch. :oldrazz:

I'll bet the bouncy entrance he did on Jimmy Fallon's show is going to be incorporated into that as well.

Too funny! I think he may be incorporating Van's thing (maybe even the song since it's Broadwday-related and he did do "One Night Only" in the past and worked that around his entrance) or working that in to introducing the nominated musicals. I bet he bounces in on Letterman and CBS This Morning LOL.

smith2-1024x767.jpg

This is from a Smithsonian exhibit and I realized I'd never noticed that wolverine had his classic side claw marks on his costume.
EDIT: the image does not seem to be appearing so here's the link, http://x-menfilms.com/patrick-stewa...s-of-future-past-costumes-to-the-smithsonian/

Last edited:
Still too bad we didn't get to see him do any future fighting in that suit, but between the movie being as good as it was and seeing as how they seemed to be setting him up to be [BLACKOUT]a horseman[/BLACKOUT] in Apocalypse, it's all good.

The new suit was really cool, though. :up:

You gotta love Hugh - in a Channing Tatum interview for 22 Jump Street:

"It's not signed, sealed, delivered but with all the preliminary talks everyone's been doing handshakes and all that, so it's good. I need it to be out there though, I love Taylor Kitsch [who played Gambit in the character's last outing]. I can't say enough about him as an actor. I've been wanting to play Gambit since I was a kid. I'm not a big X-Men head, but he's always been really cool to me. He's a superhero, but he's real you know? He likes women, drinking, smoking, cussing. He's got an angle. We're gonna try maybe change up the paradigm of superhero movies. Try! We'll see."

Regardless of whether he's signed on the dotted line, it appears Tatum is already being welcomed to the Marvel army with open arms. "Hugh [Jackman, who plays Wolverine] is such a gentleman. He emailed me and said 'I don't know where it's at yet, but this feels good so I wanted to welcome you to the family.' When I become more of a senior actor, more accomplished, I hope I remember to be conscious of the younger actors coming up."
http://www.independent.ie/entertain...2-jump-street-boys-will-be-boys-30326748.html

The new suit was definitely the best of the lot, would have been awesome to see him fighting a Sentinel in that. The claws looked their best too I thought

And a lovely touch from Hugh with Tatum. Very gentlemanly

That's a cool shot, I wonder if they filmed that bit using the full scale replica then...

Still too bad we didn't get to see him do any future fighting in that suit, but between the movie being as good as it was and seeing as how they seemed to be setting him up to be [BLACKOUT]a horseman[/BLACKOUT] in Apocalypse, it's all good.

The new suit was really cool, though. :up:

I just saw it last night for the first time so I might have missed it, but when did they do that?? :wow:

Or do you mean that he might get the adamantium from Apocalypse in this timeline, thus becoming his horseman?

You know, I just realized that, theoretically speaking, the "version" of Wolverine that the New 2023 Timeline Charles (and everyone else there) was associated with...isn't he pretty much gone now?

I mean prior to the Old Wolverine waking up in the new 2023 timeline, that new version of Wolverine (who supposedly went through different events than the history that we all know of) had been interacting with the X-Men and company all that time...and now suddenly, that version's conscious is no longer there as it's been replaced with the Original timeline's Wolverine.

You know, I just realized that, theoretically speaking, the "version" of Wolverine that the New 2023 Timeline Charles (and everyone else there) was associated with...isn't he pretty much gone now?

I mean prior to the Old Wolverine waking up in the new 2023 timeline, that new version of Wolverine (who supposedly went through different events than the history that we all know of) had been interacting with the X-Men and company all that time...and now suddenly, that version's conscious is no longer there as it's been replaced with the Original timeline's Wolverine.

Yes. The Wolverine who was pulled from the river went on to live 50 more so-far-undocumented years right up to 2023.

In 2023, the old future Wolverine woke up in that body.

We just don't know - yet - what happened in the 50 years since 1973 and 2023.

Yes. The Wolverine who was pulled from the river went on to live 50 more so-far-undocumented years right up to 2023.

In 2023, the old future Wolverine woke up in that body.

We just don't know - yet - what happened in the 50 years since 1973 and 2023.

In a way, I kind of feel sorry for that version of Wolverine since after experiencing everything that he's had for the next 50 years, he suddenly vanishes off the plain of existence when the old wolverine's mind comes back.

If only they could have said that the old and new wolverine's minds had joined together to become one, then it wouldn't be so tragic.lol

I just saw it last night for the first time so I might have missed it, but when did they do that?? :wow:

Or do you mean that he might get the adamantium from Apocalypse in this timeline, thus becoming his horseman?

Yeah, that seems to be what they were possibly setting up.

In a way, I kind of feel sorry for that version of Wolverine since after experiencing everything that he's had for the next 50 years, he suddenly vanishes off the plain of existence when the old wolverine's mind comes back.

If only they could have said that the old and new wolverine's minds had joined together to become one, then it wouldn't be so tragic.lol

It made me laugh to see that Xavier still sounded a little irritated when he said, "Logan, don't you have a class to teach?"

Whatever happened in those 50 years, it seems Logan is still a bit of a pain in the ***. :funny:

It doesn't look like much changed between him and Cyclops, either.

Also - Tony Awards are tonight! The opening number sounds like it's going to be wild, although I'm trying to not read spoilers from the rehearsals. Expect bouncing, that's all I know.

I'm also hoping these two pair up again - this is from one of shows the awesome Neil Patrick Harris hosted in 2011.

Neil's expected to win his first Tony tonight for Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which he was AMAZING in, I saw it on Friday night. The Les Miz cast is doing my favorite song from the show (One Day More), I think they're doing "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin, which was hysterical. Bryan Cranston is expected to win for All The Way, which is awesome because...it's Heisenberg (and I saw the play, he was terrific in that).

Still a bummer they didn't nominate either of Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellen's plays, we could have had a nice DOFP reunion at the show tonight. They should have been nominated, especially Ian McKellen. :argh:

But of course, it's got lots of Hugh. So, it should be lots of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"