Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread - Part 1

This is my favorite artwork for Logan
482355_2955693308514_2106728684_n.jpg

Hugh is filming "Pan" as Blackbeard and he took a break to go to Wimbledon:

10474929_740108496035102_649319390_n.jpg

1402607464_hdvideopro-june-20141.jpg

I always loved this shot of Hugh when this was released. Shame that Fox haven't posted this and the many other promo images in HQ.. instead they keep posting the same old ones on Tumblr/Facebook/Twitter :cmad:

Hugh is filming "Pan" as Blackbeard and he took a break to go to Wimbledon:

10474929_740108496035102_649319390_n.jpg

He is a porkpie hat and a pair of glasses away from turning into Walter White right now...

Don't come to these parts much, but I love Jackman as Wolverine! Are there any recent updates about his role in Apocalypse or the next Wolverine solo?

Nothing official as of yet, but all signs point to Wolverine returning as a Horseman in Apocalypse, since they appeared to be retconning the Weapon X story at the end of DOFP. Which would be extremely awesome if it happened. And extremely disappointing if it didn't.

As far as the next solo, all we've heard so far is that Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg have been working with James Mangold on the story. What that is, we have no idea...but since DOFP changed a whole bunch of things, it should be interesting.

Thanks! I'm just glad we haven't seen the last of Jackman as Wolverine :)

At least he can still smile while he's being impaled...

10532560_753700641358577_335659183448652024_n_zps3cd277fe.jpg

That must have been a weird day at the office

"Ok Hugh, today we're going to attach faux metal piping to you. We'd like you to imagine getting impaled by them, and then ditched in a river. And ACTION!"

Hugh and the Pan cast did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge:

[YT]z2HytYr3SNA[/YT]

I love Hugh Jackman. I think he is an inspiration. He is one of the nicest celebrities and seems like such a genuine person and so family oriented. I love his portrayal of Wolverine as well, and never understood any hate he got.

^ agree! and he's a very talented actor, too.

It didn't really hit me until about The Wolverine that I realized how much Hugh embodied Wolverine. His dramatic physical transformation is one big part of that, but I don't think any actor has had to work harder than Jackman has to play the part of a superhero. Considering how he is 45 and is Wolverine more now than ever, it's just amazing how he's grown into the role.

I also loved how DOFP was sort of the culmination of his entire arc throughout the X-Men films, despite the film being first and foremost a continuation of the stories for the FC cast. I get pretty teary-eyed looking at bits of X1 where Wolverine is wary of Xavier and co. and balks at the idea of becoming a member an X-Man, and yet, 14 years later in DOFP, we see Wolverine promise Xavier to seek out all the mutants, including himself, who will need his guidance.

Teaser commercial for Hugh’s new Broadway play:

[YT]3RcQDRJm23g[/YT]

Seeing that in January. :woot:

Thanks for posting, danoyse. :D I'm seeing it late December.

It's strange, cause I always think of him as Wolverine when I see him(same with Keaton and Batman), but when I look at his other movies, he's a great actor. I watched Prisoners a few months ago, and he was AMAZING in that movie. He's also great in The Prestige, which is one of my favorite movies.

Yeah, I think a lot of people associate him with Wolverine and forget that he won a Tony Award on Broadway playing a flamboyant gay song writer while singing and dancing, received an Oscar nomination for his role in Les Miserables, and in real life is the complete opposite of Wolverine. He is a great actor, and really I think he should have been nominated for an Oscar for Prisoners. And I, too, love The Prestige. One of my favorite Hugh movies is The Fountain. I have never seen a male actor so vulnerable on screen, and I think the movie and performance is highly underrated.

Teaser commercial for Hugh’s new Broadway play:

[YT]3RcQDRJm23g[/YT]

Seeing that in January. :woot:

I would love to see that. I'm officially moved into my Brooklyn apparent now! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the money. I'm assuming it's fairly expensive...

Infinity9999x, it might not be that expensive. My tickets were not that expensive. I think it will be more of an issue of whether tickets are sold out ... and then once tickets are almost sold out, the price rises. Hugh has been pretty generous to his fans and for at least a month and a half, I remember tickets to see his play being at $35. Then they went up to normal Broadway price, which is fairly expensive but still way cheaper than to see other A-List actors (it was over $300 per ticket last year if someone wanted to see Denzel Washington on Broadway). And then the ticket prices were lowered again. Now, you can buy a riverbank seat (way in the front next to Hugh) for $95 and there are same week and same day tickets available at $35. It is just hard to get those tickets because fans take advantage of those sales quickly. Here is a link though where you can give it a shot:
http://www.theriveronbroadway.com/

Good luck!

I would love to see that. I'm officially moved into my Brooklyn apparent now! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the money. I'm assuming it's fairly expensive...

Yay! Welcome to NYC! :up:

This is a good website that lists all of the rush policies for all of the Broadway shows: http://broadwayforbrokepeople.com

I’ve spent half my life on rush lines or doing lotteries for these things, it’s always worth doing if you really want to see a show but can’t do the crazy money those tickets cost.

The River is going to have $35 rush seats that day's performance that go on sale when the box office opens every day, and $30 standing room as well. It’s only a 90-minute show, so SRO is definitely doable. It’s a small theater, so there really aren’t any bad seats anywhere.

There’s also an app called TodayTix that I’ve been using a lot lately. You can get discounts to just about everything and buy them through the app, then someone meets you at the theater with the tickets. I used it to see You Can’t Take It With You and If/Then recently. There’s a $10 surcharge, but TKTS or Telecharge usually hits you with the same fees. They do a ton of voucher codes when you start using them, so it can also save you the fees later on. I had a $20 voucher, used it on a $42 seat to If/Then, and only paid $32 total for the ticket. Totally worth it.

There are also discounts on Playbill.com and Broadwaybox.com, although they’re usually the same discounts on each site. But anything helps!

Here is a new picture of Hugh from his twitter today:

1zq7moo.jpg

So handsome.

Yeah, it was taken in NY. I think sometimes a lot of people forget that he lives there.

Hugh posted this yesterday:

2dbrluq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"