IESB Exclusive - Live Action Wonder Woman Picking Up Speed

Man is it me or is DC really on a roll. First, GL then Jonah Hex and now Wonder Woman. I hope Superman, Flash and possibly Aquaman is next.
WW is nowhere near the stage of GL or Jonah Hex. It's just back to square one again. Superman will have another movie out before WW unless things get seriously moving soon.

By the time this movie starts moving, all of the women named in the poll in that casting thread will be too old to play the role.

Yea ww is back to stage one with getting new writers, it will probably be months before we even get a full script from them. then we have to wait and see if wb/dc likes it this time around. if they do then attract a director to the project again. I say ww is probably a good 2-3 yrs the earliest before happening.

WW is nowhere near the stage of GL or Jonah Hex. It's just back to square one again. Superman will have another movie out before WW unless things get seriously moving soon.

Yeah, Jonah Hex and Iron Man 2 are in a stage all by themselves.

After those two, you probably have The Losers (which is casting after all) and Green Lantern.

Then, probably Thor. Followed by Y, the Last Man which has a director, is doing script rewrites, and is rumored to have a star attached, although this could fall through.

After that, you probably have the movies that are still in the script stage, but have backing to move forward. Nolan's third Batman, Captain America, and The Avengers. Maybe Sgt. Rock as well.

Then, everything else which can probably be termed to be in early development. For some, development will move fast. For others, they'll go nowhere.

Yeah, Jonah Hex and Iron Man 2 are in a stage all by themselves.

After those two, you probably have The Losers (which is casting after all) and Green Lantern.

Then, probably Thor. Followed by Y, the Last Man which has a director, is doing script rewrites, and is rumored to have a star attached, although this could fall through.

After that, you probably have the movies that are still in the script stage, but have backing to move forward. Nolan's third Batman, Captain America, and The Avengers. Maybe Sgt. Rock as well.

Then, everything else which can probably be termed to be in early development. For some, development will move fast. For others, they'll go nowhere.
Agreed.

Hopefully the screenwriters and execs are watching the animated film and taking notes.

Hell why not get Gail Simone as a script adviser or writer herself?

Hopefully the screenwriters and execs are watching the animated film and taking notes.
:up:

Hell why not get Gail Simone as a script adviser or writer herself?
I may be wrong but from what I understand of Hollywood they'd never allow an untested comic writer do that under any circumstance. Simone has some writing experience with cartoons, though it's still very limited and still makes her to risky and without the proper connections to get that job. Personally, I'd love to see her write it. They definitely need her as a creative consultant, though. Somehow I doubt Silver or anyone else connected to WW would do that even if she is an expert on the franchise. Comic writers still seem to lack credibility with the Hollywood establishment unless the directors or producers actually are fans first like del Toro, Favreau and Robert Rodriguez.

^Geoff Johns has some great connections. I hope he gets to work on at least ONE DC movie.

^Geoff Johns has some great connections. I hope he gets to work on at least ONE DC movie.
Johns' was a Hollywood veteran before he got into comics. That's the difference between him and Simone.

I know, I still want him to help with any DC film, though. Like, say, The flash ;)

I feel GL is already in safe hands. Hopefully we get The Flash in 2011

I feel GL is already in safe hands.

True, he'd just be nice to have for the sequels in case anyone leaves.

Hopefully we get The Flash in 2011
Hopefully. I'm surprised Johns isn't more connected to this.

Last edited:
man that would be great if johns could get invovled with script/development/etc.... on any dc film maybe flash, maybe a new supes, what ever.

I have been rooting for a Geoff Johns written WW for a while now. Although I am dying for Flash film, WW is the one that I really, really want next. Of course, it's completely from my love of as*-kicking chicks. lol. I still think that Wolfgang Peterson would do an excellent job directing this one.

I have been rooting for a Geoff Johns written WW for a while now. Although I am dying for Flash film, WW is the one that I really, really want next. Of course, it's completely from my love of as*-kicking chicks. lol. I still think that Wolfgang Peterson would do an excellent job directing this one.
Johns' is not suited for WW IMO. He barely is able to write her properly in comic books. His strength is Hal Jordan, Legion, Superman, Flash, Justice Society which are primarily male focused titles.

meh, i dunno.

i mean, i think it could end up being a cross between gladiator and buffy.

but then again iv'e only ever read ww when she's in jla or other cross over stories, so i don't know what tone her own stories are.
You should pick up the current title and trades from Jimenez, Rucka, Perez, Simone and Diana Prince: WW. Good stuff there.

They should use Perez' WW: Gods and Mortals book as inspiration for the WW movie.

well though they are back pretty much to square one and the film is still not any closer then before. I wish wb would take the rights back from silver because he has had control over it for what a decade or more and it hasnt gotten that far in development over the yrs and many writers/directors.

Johns' is not suited for WW IMO. He barely is able to write her properly in comic books. His strength is Hal Jordan, Legion, Superman, Flash, Justice Society which are primarily male focused titles.

exactly...johns is pretty much only good at writing boy scouts...when it comes to wonder woman and batman, characters with a little more complexity, he butchers them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"