• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Silver: Wonder Dead For Now

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Silver: Wonder Dead For Now

Joel Silver, who was producing the now-stalled Wonder Woman movie, told reporters that the project has been placed on the back burner in light of another impending superhero film. "They're going to make the Justice League movie, and we're kind of pausing on Wonder Woman now," Silver said in a news conference while promoting Fred Claus. "Let them go ahead and do that picture [first]."

The Amazon superhero from the DC Comics series will be a major part of the upcoming JLA. "And if that comes together, Wonder Woman will be a part of that story," Silver said. "And then we'll see where we go from there. But we struggled with it for a while. I hope that we can solve it and make it one day."

Wonder Woman was originally to be written and directed by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon. But he dropped out of the project because of creative differences with Silver and the studio. Since then, the movie has been moribund. —Staci Layne Wilson

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=45012

Sorry Folks. :csad:

Looks like The Flash and GL are speeding toward greatness while WW is stuck on her island...there goes my dream of seeing lynda carter in a hot amazon outfit again. Better hope JL is a huge hit cause that's the only way they're gonna make her film. So says...

http://www.comics2film.com/

All that about WB not being anti-woman led movies isn't exactly helped by this. GL and Flash get major announcements and Wondy falls by the waste side.

We don't know if those films are actually going to be made though. There were rumors of a Wolverine movie after X2 and look how long it's taken them?

If there are going to be spin-offs it seems they won't come out until at least 2010 so who gives a **** now?

We don't know if those films are actually going to be made though. There were rumors of a Wolverine movie after X2 and look how long it's taken them?
Yeah, but that was because they were waiting to finish the trilogy of X-movies (indeed, why they were so insistent on filming the last one quickly).

The fact that the WB can't make this work is a testimony to their incompetence. George Perez wrote the perfect introduction to the character twenty years ago, conveniently purchasable in the "Gods and Mortals" trade; everything you need is right there.

Oh hell.

I really wanted to see a Wonder Woman movie.

I'm not for a JLA movie being fast tracked at all, but if it does come to fruition, I'm hoping Diana gets enough treatment (and subsequent favorable reaction) to push the gears toward getting her own solo flick. This 'no more movies with female leads' is bunk. Give people something worth watching and they'll come to the theater, regardless of who's the lead. I hope WB can get their head out of their asses on this matter.

This is good news IMO, let them release JL, see what they do to the character and then do something entirely different, chances are it won't be the same continuity. I can wait for WW.

I don't understand you guys :oldrazz:
How this is exactly considered bad news since it's exactly the same case with the Green Lantern and Flash announcements. In all three cases they'll wait for JL and only after JL is released will we hear some news on whether they'll move forward with the solo movies.

The only difference with WW was that the project has been going on for some time now whereas Lantern was only recently greenlit. Flash also had it's share of turbulent production nightmares .

If JL is a (big) success , you'll at least know that
1) casting is already done
2) the solo movies will most likely follow the trend of JL

For those of you who might be curious to know just who EXACTLY put the Wonder Woman solo picture into limbo, it's Jeff Robinov, one of the big wigs at Warner Brothers, he's sorta the Dick Cheney of the studio with his mindset stuck back in the times when men thought women should just stay "barefoot and pregnant"(not my sentiments, mind you, but you get the idea). Robinov is behind a lot of the most ridiculous studio decisions of recent days, so, anyone who wants to track down this head shaven prick and molest him with a broken beer bottle, head straight to Burbank.

-so sayeth the mastermind-

Lets just face it, noone at WB was exactly pushing for this film to be made anyway so im not surprised. Plus they probably want WW to be established before they take the chance of yet another female not doing so great at the box office (stupidest thing ever)

I don't understand you guys :oldrazz:
How this is exactly considered bad news since it's exactly the same case with the Green Lantern and Flash announcements. In all three cases they'll wait for JL and only after JL is released will we hear some news on whether they'll move forward with the solo movies.
GL and Flash have directors and writers, and are being actively worked on. Wonder Woman has been put on a shelf, and won't even be looked at until after JLA.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but outside of Charlie's Angels and Kill Bill, what big budget action movies featuring women have been big hits?

That's not to say it can't happen and can't ever be done right. Simply poor decisions are being made because of REALLY poor decisions made a while ago. One was that $100+ million Catwoman movie. Kind of ruined it for Wonder Woman you know?

I'm not saying I agree with it, but outside of Charlie's Angels and Kill Bill, what big budget action movies featuring women have been big hits?

That's not to say it can't happen and can't ever be done right. Simply poor decisions are being made because of REALLY poor decisions made a while ago. One was that $100+ million Catwoman movie. Kind of ruined it for Wonder Woman you know?

Tomb Raider and Underworld (and the sequel) were hits. All of the female comic book movies were flops bc they were bad movies (bad writing, bad directors)... Every single one changed the character drastically (Catwoman - Patience? Make-up? No Batman - Elektra - barely an assasin, parent situation changed, her training was different, way to soft - Aeon Flux - HUGE changes on all characters). If they actually made a movie with a woman and stuck to the source material it would work, don't fix something that isn't broken. But, because we live in a sexist world (still) they blame it on a the woman, not the **** script.

Im glad this happend I hate Wonder Woman.

I hope one day we see a WW film. She's one of The Big Three at DC, she deserves it just as much as GL or Flash.

I would say she deserves a film even more than GL and Flash, but that's just me. One day, maybe we'll get a WW film worth seeing. But unfortunately, the time isnt now. It's clear WB still doesnt know where to go when it comes to a Wonder Woman film franchise presently. Oh well, patience is a virtue I suppose.

I almost thought this title read "Stevie Wonder Dead" :wow:

don't scare me like that:cmad:

I'd rather the WB wait than make a bad WW movie.

I guess this is why they cast the WW actress so young. By the time she gets her solo flick, she'll be Lynda Carter's age.:woot:

I really wanted to see Whedon's Wonder Woman. Too bad that didn't work out.

Silver needs to get booted from the project badly. What it really needs is a Bryan Singer type person to give some life into the project.

If there are going to be spin-offs it seems they won't come out until at least 2010 so who gives a **** now?

Hugh Jackman is one of the producers of Wolverine, so there was a bigger chance of it getting done sooner. And hey - they've started pre-production! :woot:

But before this whole JLA hoopla begins we'll be seeing them in the New Frontier DVD, with Lucy Lawless acting out WW's voice. So we do get some justice.

As for GL and Flash...whatever. GL will be John Stewart since it's a spin-off and I don't care for any Green Lantern. Flash? Man, Goyer worked hard on that **** and then left that ****.

They wanna made jla first so they could see the impatc of the character (Wonder Woman) on big screen and the fan reaction about her, but is kind of sad that she (a great characters) have to depend of the sucessfull of a movie with others men heroes and not by her own :cmad:

^ That's the thing that bugs me the most, if this JL film tanks, it doesn't mean there isn't a market for WW, it doesn't mean people don't want to see WW in action, it means the JL film sucked, simple as that. That's why I think this whole 'testing the waters' is nothing but crap, you can make a great solo film from any of the JL characters, hell you could make it Oscar worthy if you really wanted to, you just have to put the time and the effort in, it just feels like Warner's don't want to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"