I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

Asking Steve would be a more difficult task...

a5326f7d-7d63-4027-90d4-b97d0546816f_text.gif
undertaker-wake-up.gif

I’m watching the Double Toasted video on the Penguin trailer. Can they s***can this guy who replaced Chris Herman already? He sucks. He’s not funny, he’s not insightful, he’s just a whiny jerk. Herman used to annoy me at times too (and he’s even worse on his own channel) but I feel like he would play off Korey and Martin a lot better than this guy. I’m only discussing this here because he spent the whole video ****ing on Reeves’s Batman movie despite getting stuff wrong (he seemed to think that the venom steroid, the adrenaline Bruce shot himself up with at the end and the “drops” drug that was being used across Gotham were all the same thing and called it “lazy writing”). Maybe I’m just too protective of the movie but this dude is ruining DT for me and has been for a while.

Last edited:
he seemed to think that the venom steroid, the adrenaline Bruce shot himself up with at the end and the “drops” drug that was being used across Gotham were all the same thing and called it “lazy writing”

Why would that even be an example of lazy writing to begin with

I’m watching the Double Toasted video on the Penguin trailer. Can they s***can this guy who replaced Chris Herman already? He sucks. He’s not funny, he’s not insightful, he’s just a whiny jerk. Herman used to annoy me at times too (and he’s even worse on his own channel) but I feel like he would play off Korey and Martin a lot better than this guy. I’m only discussing this here because he spent the whole video ****ing on Reeves’s Batman movie despite getting stuff wrong (he seemed to think that the venom steroid, the adrenaline Bruce shot himself up with at the end and the “drops” drug that was being used across Gotham were all the same thing and called it “lazy writing”). Maybe I’m just too protective of the movie but this dude is ruining DT for me and has been for a while.
Do you mean Julian Hemmendinger by chance? Because that guy has all the charisma of a piece of chalk.

Do you mean Julian Hemmendinger by chance? Because that guy has all the charisma of a piece of chalk.

Yeah that’s him. Had to look up his name because I honestly had no idea what it was. He’s the worst. I don’t know why Korey and Martin feel they even need a third guy there; they are better when it’s just the two of them. He adds nothing.

Who's the guy that scream-laughs? Annoying af.

Yeah that’s him. Had to look up his name because I honestly had no idea what it was. He’s the worst. I don’t know why Korey and Martin feel they even need a third guy there; they are better when it’s just the two of them. He adds nothing.
I can agree with that. Billy is the only one that really adds anything, IMHO. Though I never had a problem with Chris Herman.
Who's the guy that scream-laughs? Annoying af.
Billy Brooks

I can agree with that. Billy is the only one that really adds anything, IMHO. Though I never had a problem with Chris Herman.

Billy Brooks

Yeah I like Billy. Chris would annoy me from time to time but I usually was fine with him on DT. He’s kind of insufferable on his own show now though; he screams a lot more. Though I do appreciate his frequent Snyder-bashing, haha.

I'm mostly ambivalent about Hemmendinger. I've never missed a show (even back when it was Spill), so I've seen everyone's ups and downs and there are times when he does deliver something interesting to say especially when Korey and Martin can be so out of touch with certain current things and fandoms, but also other times, yes, he can be annoying with certain things. Chris Herman was the same way to me, he would be great on some nights but be a whiny brat on some cherished fandom he holds dear (like Ghostbusters) on other nights and the dude clearly doesn't handle things well when stuff goes off the rails (aka the fight with other Julien which was one of the many reasons why he left).

Last edited:
I'm mostly ambivalent about Hemmendinger. I've never missed a show (even back when it was Spill), so I've seen everyone's ups and downs and there are times when he does deliver something interesting to say especially when Korey and Martin can be so out of touch with certain current things and fandoms, but also other times, yes, he can be annoying with certain things. Chris Herman was the same way to me, he would be great on some nights but be a whiny brat on some cherished fandom he holds dear (like Ghostbusters) on other nights and the dude clearly doesn't handle things well when stuff goes off the rails (aka the fight with other Julien which was one of the many reasons why he left).

Wait, what happened with Julien? I guess I missed that but I was wondering why he left.

I would be surprised if they are casting at this stage given the delay. But hopefully it’s true. As the article says, his stunt double is listed on IMDb for the film which seems a little random if not true. Then again, I’ve never heard of IMDb getting information like this ahead of a trade.

I'd be easier convinced if it was on IMDb Pro.

Really good choice though.

Wait, what happened with Julien? I guess I missed that but I was wondering why he left.

It was a lot of things but there was a whole scuffle about Julian Green messing up the controls when Chris was hosting when Korey went to Turkey. But he left mostly because he was burnt out on doing Double Toasted and working on his own channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"