I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

So I have to imagine we’ll get news this month….if not, when do we think the panic point is for a possible release date shift?

I'm fully expecting a delay. And I'm completely ok with it.

It's subjective, but this long hiatus without news has, for me, kind of left the momentum of the first film running out of steam. No doubt The Penguin show and a few casting announcements will revive the machine when the time comes, but for now, my hype is almost totally dormant.
It's weird because while I really enjoy The Batman, it's the first time in the last 15 years that I don't feel a rush to see the character in cinemas again.

Now Caped Crusader? Give me that tomorrow!

Last edited:
My man lost some weight recently.

9020e4b822b32593ffced3b7c2ce7cd86a305ca1.jpg

My man lost some weight recently.

9020e4b822b32593ffced3b7c2ce7cd86a305ca1.jpg
I noticed in some of the Oscar pics I saw recently. I usually don’t care to make too big a deal out of a weight loss, but it really does make him look a good 5-10 years younger.

The Scarecrow rumors still persist, don’t they? I could see him as Crane in this condition.

I'm fully expecting a delay. And I'm completely ok with it.

It's subjective, but this long hiatus without news has, for me, kind of left the momentum of the first film running out of steam. But for now, my hype is almost totally dormant.

It's weird because while I really enjoy The Batman, it's the first time in the last 15 years that I don't feel a rush to see the character in cinemas again.
I logged on for the first time in eons specifically to comment on your post - and I have to say I'm here with you 100%.

I enjoyed The Batman - but I've an odd relationship to the film. I like it - but I've no real desire to revisit it. I'm in no rush for another film. I wish I was! I'd be much more stoked for a Keaton-led Batman Beyond film with flashbacks.

And for some reason, the lack of information coupled with DC heading in a new direction - it almost feels like the Reeves' Batman series is obligational, in a way. Just...there. It doesn't feel like it's anyone's priority.

Unlike you - I'm not hyped for Caped Crusader. We've been waiting so freaking long for even a morsel of information or a glimpse and we've had nothing for years. I don't even care anymore, which sucks. Will I watch it? Yes. But it might be too little, too late, for me.

I logged on for the first time in eons specifically to comment on your post - and I have to say I'm here with you 100%.

I enjoyed The Batman - but I've an odd relationship to the film. I like it - but I've no real desire to revisit it. I'm in no rush for another film. I wish I was! I'd be much more stoked for a Keaton-led Batman Beyond film with flashbacks.

And for some reason, the lack of information coupled with DC heading in a new direction - it almost feels like the Reeves' Batman series is obligational, in a way. Just...there. It doesn't feel like it's anyone's priority.

Unlike you - I'm not hyped for Caped Crusader. We've been waiting so freaking long for even a morsel of information or a glimpse and we've had nothing for years. I don't even care anymore, which sucks. Will I watch it? Yes. But it might be too little, too late, for me.
That is a massive reach. Things are quiet and low hype because there is no news. When they inevitably announce some powerhouse actor as the big bad that will change very quickly. Look, The Batman franchise isn't some gigantic Earth shattering mega hit recapturing the glory days of The Dark Knight, and a delay too deep into 2026 actually would put it at risk of waning audience interest potentially, but of the DC projects coming out it is absolutely one of the very few that has an actual shot at being a hit. Like, in what world is Superman or any of the DCU going to be a bigger hit than The Batman, Part II? Just isn't happening. That's not me being a blind fanboy either: I don't think Part II is guaranteed to be a huge hit and I think Joker is gonna make considerably more again.

I noticed in some of the Oscar pics I saw recently. I usually don’t care to make too big a deal out of a weight loss, but it really does make him look a good 5-10 years younger.

The Scarecrow rumors still persist, don’t they? I could see him as Crane in this condition.
i think Crane is already cast

2116497000032510098.jpg

*Dumbledore screaming “KILL ME” gif*

Dang.. :(

well good to know that Rob does have a three picture deal to play Batman.

IMG_7489.jpeg

Oof. Man... I expected a delay but not one that long. There's gonna be a longer gap between The Batman and Part II than there was between TDK and TDKR.

Wonder if Fraser's availability was part of the calculus here.

I hope they haven’t been making all these spinoffs the priority over a new movie and that’s why the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"