• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Impossible Games That You Never Finished

Shinobi Shaw

The Upstart Black King
Reaction score
What are some of the most impossible games (past and/or present) that you just never got around to finishing or still bugs you?

I have these in particular:
886EB888-6FE3-47A6-B9BA-7E539291C2EC.jpeg
I’m up to the part where the Arkham Knight has that big drill and you have to outsmart him somehow in the tunnel. That was however many years ago, I just gave up and watched the spoilers.

723F6F62-A0B6-49EC-8CCC-20A439B5C784.jpeg
Never even got to play as Magneto in this damn game. Then again I was like 5 years old.

88442C29-B2A5-49A6-9BA4-919BAF58CFFF.jpeg Way too many levels. I got up to the 20th stage but never finished it completely. Still a fun game.

Witcher 3
Mass Effect Andromeda
Elder Scrolls Online

I never got past the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time as a kid because it was around the last days I really played the N64 before I got a PS2 so I never really went back to it. It still kinda bugs me to this day.

I beat it. But yeah it's hard.

One of my favorite games ever though

Check you out. But I would spam with Leo but never made it.

You couldn’t take me in the SNES version though.

Check you out. But I would spam with Leo but never made it.

You couldn’t take me in the SNES version though.
That's the one I had man. I actually still have my SNES, but I haven't hooked it up in over a decade

Battletoads_Coverart.png

I am surprised no one named that truly impossible game.

What are some of the most impossible games (past and/or present) that you just never got around to finishing or still bugs you?

I have these in particular:
View attachment 34774
I’m up to the part where the Arkham Knight has that big drill and you have to outsmart him somehow in the tunnel. That was however many years ago, I just gave up and watched the spoilers.
I've completed the game six times, so I can tell you the game is beatable, but frustrating parts are frustrating indeed.

Battletoads_Coverart.png

I am surprised no one named that truly impossible game.
It's too difficult I'm glad I played it on emulator and not on cartridge.

Everyone says this one was tough. The only Battletoads game I ever played was the team up one with Double Dragon though lol.
That one is a fun beat 'em up game. I always choose one of the Dragons.

Every Mega Man game.
The first one is frustrating and I couldn't bother beat it once.

Ghosts & Goblins, its sequel, and any Contra game (one hit kill? YOU SERIOUS?) are there in the list of impossible game for me.

I've completed the game six times, so I can tell you the game is beatable, but frustrating parts are frustrating indeed.

It's too difficult I'm glad I played it on emulator and not on cartridge.

That one is a fun beat 'em up game. I always choose one of the Dragons.

The first one is frustrating and I couldn't bother beat it once.

I just gave up after a while with Arkham man. I felt like at that point of the umpteenth tank fight, I questioned my patience for video games.

I just gave up after a while with Arkham man. I felt like at that point of the umpteenth tank fight, I questioned my patience for video games.
Understandable, even on multiple playthroughs it is still difficult on first try, even before the New Game+.

The most obvious one for me is the entire Soulsborn series. I own all of those games in digital and physical on multiple consoles, I own all the DLCs, all of the Futurepress strategy guides, the art books, the making of books. I love the world FromSoftware created and all the lore. But I just cant get far in any of those games. It pisses me off when people act like I'm a heretic for wanting difficulty and accessibility adjustment options in those games. It's not for lack of time spent trying and money spent that I havent beaten all the games. I just cant do it with the factory dev settings.

This got me to thinking about this
View attachment 35177

Never did rescue Mary Jane in this. Probably only made it to the third level lol.
I did complete this game a few times. The sequels are so boring and confusing to play I dropped them out entirely.
Another Spider-Man game I could NEVER complete without cheats is the first one on Gameboy Color, that game is a maze and every little creature attacks you and enemies respawn like in classic Ninja Gaiden.

Reactions: CJ
The most obvious one for me is the entire Soulsborn series. I own all of those games in digital and physical on multiple consoles, I own all the DLCs, all of the Futurepress strategy guides, the art books, the making of books. I love the world FromSoftware created and all the lore. But I just cant get far in any of those games. It pisses me off when people act like I'm a heretic for wanting difficulty and accessibility adjustment options in those games. It's not for lack of time spent trying and money spent that I havent beaten all the games. I just cant do it with the factory dev settings.

I feel the same, though I don't own any Souls game. But why do you buy the games if you know you can't get far into them?

I feel the same, though I don't own any Souls game. But why do you buy the games if you know you can't get far into them?
They are frequently on sale, and I like to randomly play them hoping that will be the time when everything clicks for me. No such luck so far, but maybe some day.

220px-The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vs._The_Kingpin_cover.jpg

From what I can remember I don't think I could get past Venom for some reason.

220px-The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vs._The_Kingpin_cover.jpg

From what I can remember I don't think I could get past Venom for some reason.
I couldn't get past the first forklift, never tried hard enough to get past it and completely ignored the game.

I couldn't get past the first forklift, never tried hard enough to get past it and completely ignored the game.

I'm the same, I was that young when I couldn't do it after several attempts I just lost interest. It wasn't like now that progress was saved, you had a number of lives & if you messed up you'd to do the whole thing again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"