Unfinished business: good games you started but haven't finished

I can't remember the last time I finished a game, because I just have too few free time, and I do get sidetracked by new games as well.

Games that I love but haven't finished included:

Grand Thief Auto 4
Red Dead Redemption
ROTF: the game
Paper Mario

Most of the games I own I never finished 100%...

Oblivion
Fallout 3
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Mario Galaxy 1
Alan Wake

Those are the one's off the top of my head.

Prototype. I lost most of my data on my PS3, and I never got to finish it. :csad:

Last edited:
Dude, really? C'mon now. That's just unacceptable.

Seriously, go download an emulator and use the trick where you warp directly to Level 8.1 and just beat the stinking game.

I have actually done, THAT! Just never beat it legit. Also emu'd Battletoads and many other games from my SNES days that i could have never beaten. Sadly, it was the only way. (I am so ashamed)

Prototype. I lost most of my data on my PS3, and I never got to finish it. :csad:

I need to finish Prototype myself, I was getting fed up with those monsters that tend to chase you around everytime you're doing something :cmad: annoying bastards. I also need to finish Conan, I'm on the final level just never got around to playing it again, maybe sometime this week.

I never finished Star Wars: KOTOR II. I got up to the end, with that old lady going all evil, and just got...annoyed.

Finished Mario Galaxy 2. Now I'm working on Overlord: Dark Legend for Wii, about halfway through it now, should finished it in a week or two.

After that gonna start working on either;
Okami
Fallout 3
Tom Clancy's Hawx
Resident Evil on Wii

All games I just never was able to get into when I first got them. For Okami and Fallout, got them for a birthday and Christmas and got other games I was more interested in at the time. Hawx and Resident Evil were on deep discount at the time, so wanted to get them while they were on sale, to know I'd eventually get to playing them.

Also, working on getting all the achievements on Bioshock 1&2, Assassin's Creed, plus finishing the Assassin's Creed 2 DLC.

Finished Overlord: Dark Legend on Wii, glad I got it for only $10, that game was supershort and easy.

Now working on getting all the achievements on Bioshock 1, first time around I didn't fully research one subject, so working on those, plus gotta beat the game on hard, get all the tonics and tape player/recordings, I'm about a 1/3 to getting this stuff. Then gonna do another quick playthrough on easy to get the no vita chambers achievement, tried doing that on hard, but spent about an hour last week trying to beat my first Big Daddy without dying and failing everytime, so gonna need another playthrough.

Still haven't finished Undead Nightmare. I have just gone into Mexico and haven't played it for about a week.

I've never finished a Grand Theft Auto. (always get too caught up doin my own thing)

Havent finished the Splatterhouse remake started a couple months ago.

Oh, and I never finished the latest Alien VS Predator game... 'Cos it was dog-ass boring. :)

Every game I have ever played, I played it until the bitter bitter end. Except for one: Brutal Legend. I loved everything about that game except playing it.

I really need to go back and finish up Parasite Eve. I'm at the part with the giant enemy crab but gave up. Hell, I need to go back to all of the PSone classics I downloaded. :csad:

too many to list. but for about every 10 games i play, i probably finish 2-3 of them.

GTA IV (Complete Edition)

Tomb Raider HD Trilogy

Tron Evolution

Grand Theft Auto IV - Looks like I'm in excellent company here, the main reason being I get caught up in doing my own thing, the other being the poor save-system in a game that has some very difficult missions. I finished Red Dead Redemption because they finally incorporated mission-progress saves (and because that game's story was gripping with none of the "Cousin, let's go play darts or I'll have a hissy fit and ignore your calls.) I recently downloaded Ballad of Gay Tony, which I am more likely to finish due to the mission saves.

GTA: San Andreas - Same reason as above, though I got the majority of it done.

Superman Returns - Boring city, poorly designed game, didn't leave much incentive to finish it.

Half Life 2 - I'm not really a fan of platforming and something about the motion in this game makes me nauseous.

LA Noire - It feels like I'm going to work when I put this in and there isn't much point to just driving around. I suppose I'll want to see how the story ends. It's been put on hold while Arkham City gets the spotlight for gaming time.

I'm surprised at the number of people who haven't finished Alan Wake. I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, but I finished that in a week as a rental. It's like renting a 6 episode TV program DVD and watching it in a week's time. Basically, I played one episode per night. Alan Wake was the game that got me excited about upgrading to a 360, at least at the time it was to be a free-roamer horror story. The final result was quite different, but by the time it came out plenty of other games surfaced that made the 360 worthwhile, and I did enjoy it. It was effective in putting you on edge, holding on to any light-source dearly.

Last edited:
Almost every Final Fantasy game. I've played just about all of them and I've yet to beat a single one. I usually get to the final boss and then I just stop playing. For no real reason either, I just do all the work and walk away. I can't explain it. :(

Oh this thread is back. On my list of unfinished games is;

Fallout 3 and New Vegas - I'm planning on getting to these at some point soon. Actually got New Vegas only because it was $10

Okami - Also want to play through this sometime soon, I think the hour long intro was what killed my interest in this game originally.

Epic Mickey - Started playing, but other things got in the way

Resident Evil on Wii - Another game I started to play, but got more interesting games

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Working on this game, took a backseat to Gears 3, then Batman

Games I technically beat, but still have "unfinished business" with;
Gears 3 - I won't consider this game completed until I finish the full Horde Mode, but Story Mode and Beast are done

Batman: Arkham City - Not going to consider this game beat until I have every achievement, so have to find every Riddler Trophy (up to 203), beat all the challenge maps and go through New Game +

Assasin's Creed - Want to get 100% Achievements, which is really just getting all the flags

Dead Rising - Need the 7 Day Survivor Achievement, got the 5 Day, but got killed by a respawned pshyco while getting food between day 5 and 6. Will probably try again between Christmas and New Years, since I have the week off work.

I'm convinced that Elder Scrolls Oblivion is as close as anyone will ever get to creating the never ending game.

Well said.

I received it as a birthday present two years ago, but at this point, I doubt I will ever finish it. It is truly overwhelming. It is the embodiment of the Butterfly Theory: a slain goblin in an anonymous mineshaft will shape your relations far down the road. While I want to pick up "Skyrim" I have the guilt from not finishing IV: GOTY holding me back.

As much as I love The Darkness, I think its safe to say I'll never finish that game lol

Arkham Asylum, which I just finished tonight actually. When it came out, I can't remember what I was playing at the time, but I just never committed to finishing it.

After beating Arkham City, I felt like going back and completing it. And to be really honest, even though I can concede AC being a better game on a technical level, I prefer AA. Ironically that's what alot of people say in regards to BB & TDK

Dead Space. got somewhere halfway through the game then my old 360 RRODed and stopped playing...havent bothered since even though i got a new xbox...i need to finish it so i can get Dead Space 2

CoD: World at War. I need to finish this game because Black Ops tied to it and i beat Black Ops.

Metroid Prime 2. got stuck somewhere cause my GCN control stopped working and lost the game at some point.

Half Life 2: Seems like a sin to me, I know.

Oblivion: Haven't finished the main quest. I feel like getting Skyrim but I feel like I need to finish Oblivion first.

Far Cry 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"