Unfinished business: good games you started but haven't finished

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
So many games, and so little time... What are some of the games you have started, that were good or at least got good reviews, that for whatever reason you haven't gotten around to finishing? Maybe you only played it for a couple hours, but then next time you went to boot up your console, something else was beckoning you, so you put it back on the shelf? Maybe you just plain didn't feel like playing it? It would seem that no matter what I do, there are always a bunch of games laying around that I have played fairly non-committaly, and I'm sure you have more than a couple as well.

Grand Theft Auto 4: I got pretty far in this one, but then one of Niko's girlfriends called and started whining about me not giving her enough attention and I stopped. I have not touched the game since then, and I never even tried the online mode.

Dragon Age Origins: I've barely scratched the surface on this one. The game is just so friggin' big that I almost feel like I won't have time to get far in it by the time school starts up again, and by then there will be other games that I will want to play since my time will be more limited.

Red Dead Redemption: Like Dragon Age, I have only played this one for a couple of hours. It's good, but like DA it takes a long time to play and I'm not sure how committed I want to get to it ATM.

Modern Warfare 2: I got pretty far in the single player, but then came the whole stupid lawsuit business and it kind of put me off to playing the game at all, especially the multiplayer since Activision is gouging prices on the add-on content. I almost sold the game, but I want to at least beat it first. Also, the split screen modes are pretty fun (even if there's no campaign co-op). Also, Bad Company 2 came out around that time and I liked it a lot better. And speaking of which...

Bad Company 2: I love this game, really I do. However, once I started the multiplayer I never really got around to finishing the main campaign. I want to at some point, but the multiplayer is so fun that I don't really play the single player much.

Little Big Planet: I've had this game for like, 2 years and I barely play it. It's a wonderful game, but I don't seem to play it much unless it's with my friends or family. I never even used the level designer. :(

Fallout 3: Game of the Year: I beat the original Fallout 3 before i lost all my HDD data last year, but I haven't finished my second go through the campaign so I haven't gotten around to playing any of the new content yet. I feel dumb having spent the money to buy it after whining for so many months about Xbox 360 depriving me of the new content, but I've been chipping away at it with a pretty slow pace and I want to finish the main quest first.

Oblivion: The Shivering Isles: I barely got anywhere in this because I lost my HDD data and had to start Oblivion all over again. I've barely gotten anywhere with my new file so it will probably be a long time before I finish this one.

God of War collection: I was playing this one at a fair pace, but then I got Resident Evil 5 for my birthday and never really got around to finishing it. Some of the puzzles in the first game are just plain stupid, also.

Super Street Fighter IV: I'm not sure if this one belongs here, but I have not played it nearly as much as I would like. My rank in the multiplayer SUCKS, and last night I played like 10 online matches and did not win a single one. I seriously need to start practicing again if I want to get anywhere.

Dead Space: This game is friggin' scary.

Kingdom Hearts 2: Another victim of my data loss. I need to start playing again, but I don't know when.

Final Fantasy XII: Same story, although I had already slowed down on playing it long before I lost my data. I seem to have a hard time committing to RPGs...

Heavenly Sword-I just got lazy
Grand Theft Auto 4-This game is too long for me
Fallout 3-This is like the Never ending game
Modnation Racers-Can't beat the boss

I've got a bunch of games I want to get into, but first I've gotta get that damn 242nd star in Mario Galaxy 2! Spent probably 2 hours on that last level Tuesday night and kept just barely screwing up. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to beat it and move on to something else.

The only game i own that i have yet to finish is Far Cry 2. I LOVE that game, but for whatever reason just never finished it. Now that i think about it, i might just go ahead and start playing it again.

Dead Space - I admit, I'm too wussy for this one

Red Dead Redemption - Been meaning to, but I have no time ever since summer started up

Ninja Gaiden - Ugh. Some painful memories here

Assassin's Creed 1 - I had the stupid two Altairs glitch at the end, rendering it impossible to beat the game

Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy V are the only ones that I can think of.

I've been pretty good about finishing every game I've bought/played.

The only game I can think of is Dragon Age. I bought it a few weeks ago and played about 8 hours of it, I don't dislike the game per se but I'm not sure I really want to play it anymore.

Ninja Gaiden. I may never finish that game....

Bio-Shock
Rainbow Six Vegas
Half-Life 2

Probably more.

Super Mario 64 (Never got all 120)
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie
Mortal Kombat II (Can't beat it without cheating)

My pile of shame....

Red Dead Redemption
Modern Warfare 2
Elder Scrolls Oblivion IV
Rainbow Six Vegas
GRAW
Dead Space (might not count, b/c I've never even started it, but I own it...)
Far Cry 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Street Fighter IV
Assassin's Creed 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
GTA IV: Lost and Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead DLC.
Fallout 3 DLC.

There's a few others, too...but I'm ashamed to even think of them.

Alan Wake
Red Dead
Dead Space
Singularity
Split Second

I'm surprised so many have not beaten MW2, it's one of the shortest games here.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Done like 50% of the game but just don't feel like to continue.
Lost Planet - Seems like a ok game at first, but the controls are just horrible.
Bioshock 2 - Played the first level and that's it. Sold the game afterwards.

Some games I lost interest in playing, others were like too difficult (even on the easiest setting)

Not all GOOD games but....

NES (1991 - 1994)

Super Mario Bros. (Believe it or not I never actually beat this game)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (or this one)
Super Mario Brothers 3 (this one too)

SNES (1994 - 1997)

Battletoads In Battlemaniacs (with a limited amount of lives/credits, very difficult)
Super Double Dragon (as above)
Contra 3/Super Probotector (as above)

N64 (1999 - 2000)

Yoshi's Story (hardly played my 64)
Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 (as above)
GoldenEye 007 (as above)

PS1 (1997 - 2002)

Driver (could only beat it with cheats)
Gran Turismo (got bored)
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (my game disc got ruined)

PS2 (2002 - 2007)

Final Fantasy XII (was still playing when the PS3 was released, just haven't gotten around to finishing it)
God Of War (Lost interest and just gave up)
Kingdom Hearts (got stuck and just haven't been bothered to play it since)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Lost interest and just gave up)
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (an average game at its best and a frustrating and boring one at its worst)
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Lost interest and just gave up)
Myst III: Exile (Too difficult)
Stuntman (This game is frustratingly hard, so I gave up)

PSP (2005 - 2008)

Need for Speed: Underground Rivals (Got bored of it)
Pursuit Force (Got bored of it)

XBOX 360 (2006 - 2007)

The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II (360 RROD)
The Punisher Xbox version (as above)

PS3 (2007 - now)

Soul Calibur IV (Ascending/descending the tower )
Infamous (lost interest)
Mortal Kombat Vs DC (a very bland game)

There is more, but that will do.

Last edited:
Far too many to list. Most games now are too long to hold my interest throughout the whole thing.

That's strange considering games tend to be much shorter these days than they used to be.

Street Fighter IV
Grand Theft Auto 4
Resistance 2
Bioshock

I'd like to point out that I'm playing MW2 on the hardest difficulty too...so it's a little harder to get through. That, and the storytelling is slightly off putting for me too, I gotta say. It's just strange how it goes back and foward into striking a serious tone...and then striking that summer blockbuster action film tone. It's at it's best with the fantastical action set pieces.

I'm convinced that Elder Scrolls Oblivion is as close as anyone will ever get to creating the never ending game.

Far Cry 2, I've heard, is another game that many people have not beaten either. I've decided to jump back into it...and I'm already reminded why that is. The game can be super frustrating. A quick save, or save-at-any-time feature would have relieved alot of stress I think. I'm fine with it being a struggle of survival to make it from point A to point B...but getting killed and losing nearly 2 hours worth of progess because I couldn't make it to a safe house can be a tough pill to swallow. But, I really do like the game. Pretty unique from most of the FPS I'm used to playing.

I still haven't finished Arkham Asylum or Alan Wake. I need to get on that!

Some games I lost interest in playing, others were like too difficult (even on the easiest setting)

Not all GOOD games but....

NES (1991 - 1994)

Super Mario Bros. (Believe it or not I never actually beat this game)

Dude, really? C'mon now. That's just unacceptable.

Seriously, go download an emulator and use the trick where you warp directly to Level 8.1 and just beat the stinking game.

I've got a bunch of games I want to get into, but first I've gotta get that damn 242nd star in Mario Galaxy 2! Spent probably 2 hours on that last level Tuesday night and kept just barely screwing up. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to beat it and move on to something else.

Finished Mario Galaxy 2. Now I'm working on Overlord: Dark Legend for Wii, about halfway through it now, should finished it in a week or two.

After that gonna start working on either;
Okami
Fallout 3
Tom Clancy's Hawx
Resident Evil on Wii

All games I just never was able to get into when I first got them. For Okami and Fallout, got them for a birthday and Christmas and got other games I was more interested in at the time. Hawx and Resident Evil were on deep discount at the time, so wanted to get them while they were on sale, to know I'd eventually get to playing them.

Also, working on getting all the achievements on Bioshock 1&2, Assassin's Creed, plus finishing the Assassin's Creed 2 DLC.

I need to finish Devil May Cry 4, and I'd like to finish Spider-Man: WoS but it seems I only put the game in to swing around the city now. The voice acting is so bad and cheesy I have a hard time trying to stick to the story aspect of the game.

The short answer is to tell the games I have finished. I have games I haven't even opened yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"