Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Love the title. Love the poster. Love the trailer.

I hope they pull this off. A character as iconic as Indy deserves to go out with a bang.

Maybe he'll step on a landmine and explode at the end?

Never noticed before that Temple is the redheaded stepchild of the opening credit fonts.

It would be so cool if he showed up in this. I guess there’s a 0% chance of that happening since he said he just recently saw Ford again for the first time in decades, but damn it would be awesome.
That is a shame. Could have been a very meaningful appearance. Ford looked so damn happy in that recent photo with him.

Never noticed before that Temple is the redheaded stepchild of the opening credit fonts.

Temple of Doom really is the odd one out from the rest of the series in many ways. It doesn’t follow alot of the tropes that the other movies all do and is the only one not to feature recurring characters, Indy at the college and the more lighthearted tone the series is known for (we’ll see about Dial of Destiny obviously) It’s so unique and that’s one of the reasons it’s my favourite of the series. It’s just like a random offshoot adventure that completely makes up its own rules haha

I also love Willie and Short Round

I still can't unsee that stuntman in the scene where they almost get crushed hahaha. Luckily it doesn't detract from the rest of the movie.

I've never minded Willie. I think her capacity to irritate is overstated a lot of the time. Most of her disagreeableness is played for laughs and it works for me. She's a pampered prima donna and it makes sense she'd react the way she does. Not every female Indy character who gets thrown into an impossible situation needs to act strong willed or capable like Marion or Elsa.

glKCz0O.gif

I've never minded Willie. I think her capacity to irritate is overstated a lot of the time. Most of her disagreeableness is played for laughs and it works for me. She's a pampered prima donna and it makes sense she'd react the way she does. Not every female Indy character who gets thrown into an impossible situation needs to act strong willed or capable like Marion or Elsa.

I love Willie. Kate Capshaw gives a very funny performance. She's like if Katherine Hepburn was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie.

Yeah, exactly how I felt about it. I thought she was lovably hilarious and that they formed a great trio. It's all part of what differentiates ToD for me.

Can hardly blame Willie for being horrified by all the trauma she went through. I'd have probably been freaking over all the creepy crawlies as well.

Granted, I doubt Temple of Doom could get away with its depictions of its villains in 2022.

Granted, I doubt Temple of Doom could get away with its depictions of its villains in 2022.
I mean you already have folks on Twitter criticizing the return of John Rhyes-Davies as Sallah (Welshman playing an Egyptian, and the actor's political views to a lesser extent), so it wouldn't be surprising (understandably so).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"