Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I don’t buy the “time travel undoes all the old movies” rumor at all but I have to admit I wouldn’t mind seeing someone go back in time and stopping Indy from sleeping with Marion just so that Mutt never exists. :o

So, I saw this trailer and I was underwhelmed. The whip scene, where he ducks - it looked a parody, a Super Bowl advert - not to forget that they are talking over each other...

I wish old indie had facial hair and took his fathers traits, like many men do - his hat for instance, even a walking stick with something cool in it.

I am all for old indie, esp as the flash backs would have been a good juxtaposition.

The deep fake, cgi scene, the horse ride.. it's too much for me - I wished the picture quality was similar to the actual movies of that era, heck even the 80s filter run over it - it just seemed too clear and to cgi orientated.

It's still the first trailer with a long time to go, but right now, I'm not holding my breath, however I am happy for those that really enjoyed it.. that's cool.

My fear is the officer, walking silhouette in the mist is actually indy and they both cross paths - no thanks.

Anyways, looking forward to the toy lines.

So, I saw this trailer and I was underwhelmed. The whip scene, where he ducks - it looked a parody, a Super Bowl advert - not to forget that they are talking over each other...

I wish old indie had facial hair and took his fathers traits, like many men do - his hat for instance, even a walking stick with something cool in it.

I am all for old indie, esp as the flash backs would have been a good juxtaposition.

The deep fake, cgi scene, the horse ride.. it's too much for me - I wished the picture quality was similar to the actual movies of that era, heck even the 80s filter run over it - it just seemed too clear and to cgi orientated.

It's still the first trailer with a long time to go, but right now, I'm not holding my breath, however I am happy for those that really enjoyed it.. that's cool.

My fear is the officer, walking silhouette in the mist is actually indy and they both cross paths - no thanks.

Anyways, looking forward to the toy lines.
It's not Indy

FCTtqlvWQAc12ET

5t2kur.gif
5t2s95.gif

Blistering Barnacles! Banderas as a grizzled ship Captain helping Jones, not what I expected, clearly some residual Spielberg childhood influence here :D
Can't guess if he's his own treasure lost city hunter(Atlantis?), on par with Sallah but digging/diving in the ocean instead ?
Or more likely just a brief, small part, ride for hire, on par with Jock and his seaplane, or Katanga and his smuggling freighter, etc.?
Hopefully at least a friend from his past, and we do get a tiny exposition hint of how they knew each-other.

Looks like a fun character role for Banderas, and yea that piece of junk boat has allot of character:funny:
I like when the "vehicles" are characters onto themselves.

73vz4i.gif

In case you blinked and missed him in the trailer, first on screen look at Banderas' character, not much ...
wink1.gif

Though we knew his role would be small.
[/URL]

Last edited:
I'm watching a long hour and a half "making of" KOTCS and I just realized how much practical sets and environments they used. Something I thought was a giant green screen, just wasn't (Indy's first introduction for example).
Even the jungle is all there, so why the hell does it look so fake?! I think maybe is the lightning.

Last edited:
I'm watching a long hour and a half "making of" KOTCS and I just realized just how much practical sets and environments they used. Something I thought was a giant green screen, just wasn't (Indy's first introduction for example).
Even the jungle is all there, so why the hell does it look so fake?! I think maybe is the lightning.
The whole movie had a weird glossy/waxy look, similar to scream 4. It made everything look weird.

The whole movie had a weird glossy/waxy look, similar to scream 4. It made everything look weird.

Yes!. Well I've been doing some research just now (and this might not be news to most people in here) but the 4K version of the movie improves greatly on that front and it looks a lot closer to the original trilogy. It is not so shiny, the colors don't pop up as much. I think I'm gonna have to find and rewatch that version.

I'm watching a long hour and a half "making of" KOTCS and I just realized just how much practical sets and environments they used. Something I thought was a giant green screen, just wasn't (Indy's first introduction for example).
Interesting. I thought the entire jungle was on a fake green screen set

Interesting. I thought the entire jungle was on a fake green screen set
They were on Hawaii. The real jungle is all there. I think maybe they added stuff to make it look more dynamic or dangerous, I don't know. But if you look the behind the scenes, it looks fantastic. Right out of the first ones.

As much as I love Spielberg and Kaminski's work in a lot of his movies it does get a little tiresome to see the color grading and lighting in every one of his films going back 20+ years. It works well enough for something like Minority Report but not Indy.

Does Spielberg use digital color grading? That can create that look, and Kaminski's softer lighting add to it.
It's Kaminski's cinematography. He makes real stuff look fake and I've reached the point where I HAAAATE it. I need he and Spielberg to part ways so I can enjoy the latter's films again. He's told some good stories over the last decade, i just find them too ugly to look at. The Fabelmans being the most recent example.

Wasn't the guy who started the stupid Indiana Jones is erased from time and Phoebe Waller-Bridge takes his place omg rumor named Doomcock on Twitter?

If so, that should tell you their level of credibility. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"