• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt Injustice will be a fun game, im just doubting that it will have the staying power that MK9 has. Anyway I guess its not fair to compare the 2 games until Injustice has everything released and is complete like MK9, if they do infact release more then 4 DLC characters I will be happier

im talking about less "premade" combos, the ones listed, those are what players need to use, with the specials, to create combos, if there is less material to use to create combos, then there wont be as many combos available, seems simple to me, especially since many of those premade combos arent really useful in creating bigger combos, so only a handful will actually be worth a damn.

I forgot about tag team, thats yet another thing that MK had that this game doesnt, and it was far from stupid, the mechanics of tag mode were awesome, I think i've played MK on single player ladder maybe 5 times, and about 5 million times in tag team mode, there are so many options and possibilities with tag team mode, to say its stupid is just incredibly ignorant, or you simply had no idea how to use tag team mode, because if you did you would know that it adds infinite possibilities and increases the life span of the game immensley, its probably the main reason im still playing MK9 2 years after release

Or, I played MK on a tournament level where absolutely nobody uses tag mode apart from casuals or money matches...could be that.

Tag mode is neat and fun for buddies and stuff, but it completely changes the mechanics of the game, especially in MK9. I can run a train on most casual MK9 players and even a vast majority of above average dudes, but I can admit without shame that some tag players can pwn me simply because the addition of tag combos totally changes the scene. But, it's pretty irrelevant, because that same player can be a total scrub in 1v1 where it really counts. I'm not saying it wasn't a fun mode to screw around in, it's just not worth it when it's not tournament viable really since it's not a tag-only game like TTT or whatever. I'd rather NRS put more resources into other things.

As for "bigger" combos, this is where I'd say you are being "incredibly ignorant." While people discover new character tech all the time, the pre-made combos in the game rarely friggin matter anyway beyond using certain ones in BNBs. Players learn which strings and blockstrings work effectively and which to avoid, and then they basically never use the craptastic ones that leave you at a disadvantage. So, really, it's the players who come up with the epic combos and strings and how to use them, not the pre-set NRS combos that show up in the menu screens. Yeah, the BNB's utilize those combos, but no fighting game in the universe has infinite combo options or something.

I just wholeheartedly disagree that NRS somehow cheaped out on this game or something. They came at it with all new tech that will make some significant changes to the FGC and possibly future MK games.

Well we'll see in a few weeks I suppose

If anyone is interested in some character specific impressions check out Arturo Sanchez on twitter. Lots of feedback. He was one of the tourney-level players that was invited to test the game w/ NRS and he was in the video I linked above.

To follow-up on this, Ares leaked on twitter:

Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby
35s

Ares is a very strong zoning char as well. Also has some anti zoning tools. His teleport recovers fast w moderate startup to punish zoners

Yep the last two are pretty much Ares and Killer Frost.

reading art's twitter has me so freaking excited about this game.

I'm happy about the disabling stage transitions and interactables, but the more I see the game, the more I agree with Art about leaving them on. We'll see, i'll support what the community supports.

I don't know who to main! Superman, Batman, Doomsday, Cpt. Marvel, GL, Catwoman....wow. Hope the game has strong legs and support from all gaming communities

Batman will be my #1 main(especially Arkham&New 52 skins)But I'll also often be using Superman/Nightwing/Doomsday/Deathstroke&Bane!

I was planning to main GL, but I'm really disappointed by the lack of constructs. My 2nd character will probably be Deathstroke.

I'm Batman I mean, Batman will be my main, with Harley/Aquaman as 2nd characters, I think.

So far the top five characters I'm eager to play with are(in no particular order)

Grundy
Joker
Sinestro
Green Arrow
Aquaman

My mains:

Wonder Woman
Raven
Aquaman
Deathstroke
Sinestro

I hate picking mains before a game comes out but I really look forward to using Amell GA and Batman and Harley.

Can't decide until I play. Sub Zero was always my fav MK character but when the game dropped I used Sektor much more than I ever thought I would.

The first character I use here will be Superman if for no other reason than the lack of Superman games. Green Arrow looks pretty bad ass tho. As does Flash and Deathstroke and Doomsday.

Why is everyone talking about maining blah blah blah? It's a fighting game, not an RPG! There are no mains, only the match you are in at the moment.

....riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

"Maining" referes to the character you play most, but in a fighting game, especially for the main story, that will change every couple of matches, so all this talk of "maining" one fighter or another seems silly to me.

ZEqn4La.jpg

"Maining" referes to the character you play most, but in a fighting game, especially for the main story, that will change every couple of matches, so all this talk of "maining" one fighter or another seems silly to me.

It's not possible to pick your top people for vs matches and even arcade ladder?..BS,I use Blanka in Super Street Fighter IV all the time for VS mode/I have my top wrestlers I use in exhibition in wrestling games/I only use the Texans in Madden NFL in exhibition.

English is not my native languague, so i think i don't understand the logic of the topic/can't follow the thread of the discussion. Could someone explain it to me?

so 24 at launch confirmed, cant understand why they'd put in less characters then MK had at launch, but whatever, I guess they are pulling a capcom with DLC now

Capcom makes characters, and sections them off as "day one DLC". Pako Stevens of Netherrealm has been quoted saying they just started on the first DLC character. The game has to have gone gold by now, so any content they work on is not on disc, and will not be available day one because they are still working on it. The way they are going about DLC this time around is no different from how they did with MK two years ago.

I disagree, I think they have LESS to make in this game. Keep in mind they already had the framework from MK so they didnt have to develop that. They have interactive stages in this game, in MK they had stage fatalities and 2x as many stages, they also had a story mode in MK, this one seems like it'll be longer but im sure not by much. MK had more alternates, MK had x-rays instead of the cinematic supers, so in my opinion they should have been able to put way more in this game then what they are providing, this game has less characters, less stages, less combos, less costumes, less challenge missions, no fatalities etc

Sure, the roster is short by four characters (three if you're on Xbox), but look at it this way; Mortal Kombat had a handful of characters, if not more, that were poorly balanced, and didn't receive the same quality that others did. A smaller roster means more balance between the cast of playable characters.
That, coupled with the fact that characters like Martian Manhunter, and most likely Lobo, are getting more individualized attention, and quality payed to them that they might not have otherwise received. Hector Sanchez has even mentioned today that more DLC beyond four characters is likely. So another season pass, and the roster is thirty-two and equal to MK9.

So I'd rather pay $30 for eight more well balanced and fleshed out characters, then not and have the quality of on-disc characters suffer.

This of course is just my opinion. :yay:

I'll probably main Green Arrow and/or Aquaman. Raven looks really fun to use, i might try to learn her depending on how much i really end up playing the game. Oh, and also Nightwing. Probably have to learn some Batman too, just because there will be thousands of Batman players online.

Of course it's too early to say what characters i will really like to play, but then again i have also planned what i will do first when i get the game (Tutorial, little bit of practice mode and then through the story mode). :woot: It's just the hype i guess.

So I'd rather pay $30 for eight more well balanced and fleshed out characters, then not and have the quality of on-disc characters suffer.

Exactly. I'd rather have a smaller, well balanced roster than 50 unbalanced characters. Just look at Marvel games, especially MvsC 2. There's 56 characters, but there's like 5 characters that everyone uses.

It would be nice to play a fighting game and not face same 5 characters every match. Of course in Injustice you'll face tons of Batman and Joker players, especially in first few weeks, but hopefully most of the characters will be worth playing.

I love mk9 but it's pretty unbalanced I think, high level players always use the same handful of characters (kabal, cyrax, cage, and a few more) and leave the rest because competitively its clear who by far the top characters in the game are IMO that's not balanced. And let's not jump the gun on injustice and say the roster is equally balanced because its smaller, only time and playing can tell if that's really the case, but I bet it'll have some characters that are much better then the rest of the cast and get used over and over in tourneys like with mk9

Yeah it's too early to talk about balance, tiers etc. until the game has been out maybe a couple of months, and even then there will be patching, the new characters and new tech found.

I think there's also no doubt that there will eventually be top 5 or so characters that will be seen the most in tournaments and online.

Many have been saying that there's no clone characters, which is nice. Maybe that will allow some surprises in tournaments when new tech is discovered. Anyway, i'm really interested to see this game in tournament setting and whether it will stay in tourneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"