Invincible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus440

Avenger
Reaction score
Has any one been reading Invincible? I just can’t wait for the next issue to come out, even if its late. What do you all think will happen?

i just got Invincible #12

Written by: Robert Kirkman
Art by: (A) Ryan Ottley and (C) Bill Crabtree
Color: Full Color
Pages: 32
Format: Monthly Ongoing Series
Price: $2.95
Order Code(s): FEB041318

The Concept:

Mark Grayson is just like most everyone else his age, except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. And now he¹s begun to inherit his father's powers. It all sounds okay at first, but how do you follow in your father's footsteps when you know you will never live up to his standards?

This Issue:

"Perfect Strangers," Conclusion. Mark's world comes crashing down around him. After the events of last issue, Mark is left wondering how he'll survive. You have front row seats as Mark comes face to face with the most deadly foe of his short-lived superhero career. It's all been leading up to this, and you do not want to miss this

I've been buying this since #1.... It's been terrific. :)

I just finished issue #12. :eek: After I first read that shocking last page of issue 7 with the Guardians of the Globe I figured there would be some rational explanation... and sure we got the explanation but it wasn't anything like I expected. Seems Kirkman isn't afraid to shake things up a bit.

And anyone who likes Invincible (or zombies) should check out Kirkman's The Walking Dead, really great book too. I have no doubt that Robert Kirkman will be one of the biggest names in the biz few years from now. :)

Originally posted by euroq
I just finished issue #12. :eek: After I first read that shocking last page of issue 7 with the Guardians of the Globe I figured there would be some rational explanation... and sure we got the explanation but it wasn't anything like I expected. Seems Kirkman isn't afraid to shake things up a bit.

And anyone who likes Invincible (or zombies) should check out Kirkman's The Walking Dead, really great book too. I have no doubt that Robert Kirkman will be one of the biggest names in the biz few years from now. :)
well i only have so much money so maybe i will get the TPB of the walking dead. kirkman if he can keep going may be the next stan lee, and am i the only one that loves the letters section?

I interview Ryan Ottley on Page 32.....

He is a member of the Hype... You may know him as WyA.

Originally posted by euroq

Bendis says it too, Kirkman will be wrting Captain America (or iron man?) soon for the Disassembled tie-in.

I finally picked up the first two trades recently, and I really like it, although Image's Noble Causes is my favorite of their superhero books. Any fans of Invincible or Fantastic Four, or X-Statix would do themselves well to check out the Noble Causes trades, and the upcoming launch issue of the ongoing series in July.

I love this series. I look forward to it more than any other book each month.

Everyone has gotsta GOTSTA check it out!

for some reason i can't find 13 i hope its just late and not the story not getting any more of them.

When the new issue came out today (issue #13), it looked pretty interesting (also that Kirkman is writing).

I'm getting some issues coming to my local shop, the series looks really cool!

something tells me that its not going to be as easy as mark thinks its going to be know that he has taken his dads place.

hey, random question...Spoiler I guess.

In issue 8, theres that whole business with Samford and Samson at the funeral...something about the Guardians "abandoning Samson when he needed them most" (not verbadim)....what was that all about? I think i missed something. Heh yeah, so if someone could help me out with that, Id appreciate it. Thanks

Invincible is a deceptively simple looking book. There's nothing simple about it. It's everything a superhero book should be. I hope it says this good.

Noble Causes is great too. I'm glad to hear its returning in full color and as a full series, not limited tales. Its on my pull list!

Originally posted by Jamariquay
hey, random question...Spoiler I guess.

In issue 8, theres that whole business with Samford and Samson at the funeral...something about the Guardians "abandoning Samson when he needed them most" (not verbadim)....what was that all about? I think i missed something. Heh yeah, so if someone could help me out with that, Id appreciate it. Thanks

Well, they explained that Samson lost his powers and instead of sticking with him, they just voted him off the team.

soo very cool the twists and everything else makes this a must read.

i picked this up a four issues too late. and now back issue hunting too much trouble

this is one of my favorite titles, however i only buy the tpb's

Such a great title, although the only Image title I pick up, but I want another Kirkman title, so...

Check out Kirkman's Walking dead. It kicks major @$$. Great Zombie book. Not about like, a big zombie attack, but what happens after. How do you live in a world, overrun buy brain sucking dead people? It has been a really great book, and I didn't even like horror books up until I read this.

Also he is doing a Savage Dragon mini "God War" And a Super Patriot mini " War on Terror" I bought the first two issues and they are pretty good. I been meaning to get into Savage Dragon, with this mini from Kirkman, I finally got a good reason.

Anybody get issue 15? pretty good.
It turns out that because Omni Man killed the Fish king guy, Invincible has to marry his wife and assume the Throne of Atlantis. it's pretty wild. He has to defeat a huge monster then do the do with the fish chick right in front of a crowd of people. Of course he doesn't go through with it. Her servant has been in love with her the whole time and they work out a way for fish lips to nail the queen. We also get a more indepth look at Monster Girl and her problems. The new recruit to the Gardians Bulletproof is about this close to yelling sexual harassment. Funny thing is, it turns out she's 29 and because of her powers she's been aging backwards. And what else...William finds out that Eve is a superhero, you think he woulda known. whatever, he makes her take him out flying like he did Mark. And her words to this. "This is so Gay".
Good issue, it also tied into Kirkman's Superpatriot mini.

Anubis said:
Anybody get issue 15? pretty good.
It turns out that because Omni Man killed the Fish king guy, Invincible has to marry his wife and assume the Throne of Atlantis. it's pretty wild. He has to defeat a huge monster then do the do with the fish chick right in front of a crowd of people. Of course he doesn't go through with it. Her servant has been in love with her the whole time and they work out a way for fish lips to nail the queen. We also get a more indepth look at Monster Girl and her problems. The new recruit to the Gardians Bulletproof is about this close to yelling sexual harassment. Funny thing is, it turns out she's 29 and because of her powers she's been aging backwards. And what else...William finds out that Eve is a superhero, you think he woulda known. whatever, he makes her take him out flying like he did Mark. And her words to this. "This is so Gay".
Good issue, it also tied into Kirkman's Superpatriot mini.
damnit i missed that one, why can't any of the comic shops that are around me get more then 2 of this title, i mean they get like 50 of spawn and no one buys that.

but i did get 16 seems like something big is coming up
with (whats his name) close to finding out who killed the gog and all those guys from the other dimentions being gathered.

Yeah, I'm reading Invincible. It's probably THE book out of my whole subscription list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"