• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Marvel going to make any more animated movies?

if Marvel can poach someone like James Tucker or Bruce Timm, that would help. Also, there needs to be more codevelopment with Disney and/or Pixar. It's not good enough that Pixar is just an island unto itself. Marvel has to get involved.

Sony-Madhouse helps push the animation limits for select projects. They should get into more characters that aren't being developed too much- Daughters of the Dragon, Heroes for Hire, Hercules, Punisher, Blade, etc.

Marvel already partnered with an anime studio to produce several animated features based on Marvel properties, including X-Men, Blade, Iron Man and Wolverine. I personally found them dreadful. Though ostensibly similar to the source material, the interpretation of each ultimately deviates from the core characterizations of the aforementioned characters.

However, despite my grievances, it is at least a step in the right direction. As for Pixar, Disney allows Pixar to self-govern because interfering with Piixar would only undermine their creativity and productivity. Disney has the same approach to Marvel. Disney took Marvel on to have Marvel's income become Disney's income, not to influence their creative direction. Now Disney does bring Marvel stuff into the Disney world (e.g. Phineas and Ferb) but they don't go around making creative mandates for Marvel. Honestly, this sort of hands off approach is best.

I see that Marvel has Avengers Confidential coming out. Looks good animation-wise, but seems like the focus is on Black Widow and Punisher.

[YT]4KVnRR5QIus[/YT]

ETA: Oops, I see that it was already mentioned.

I do appreciate the detailed style of Japanese anime. Here is hoping that this film turns out better than the previous round of Marvel anime.

I wish Marvel would do an anthology type of animated film or short stories peppering more obscure characters with well known ones.

There needs to be a MTU. They can go so far beyond the MCU with TV and DVD. Connect everything that cant be connected on live film with animated shows/movies.

There needs to be a MTU. They can go so far beyond the MCU with TV and DVD. Connect everything that cant be connected on live film with animated shows/movies.

I kinda like what DC is doing with their animated movies, retelling great stories from the comics as one shot stories and not caring about continuity.

Sure Marvel can't make full length animated movies with the X-Men and Spider-man, but there are tons of great stories that they can make into animated movies with the characters they have the rights to, like Siege of Avengers mansion or Future Imperfect.

They actually have complete animation rights to Spider-man so they could do an animated. Sony giving back the animation rights was part of a deal a few years back.

They actually have complete animation rights to Spider-man so they could do an animated. Sony giving back the animation rights was part of a deal a few years back.

I thought so too.

I thought so too.

Yep. The reverting of ownership of the rights is one of the reasons why Spectacular Spider-Man was abruptly cancelled despite solid ratings -_-

Marvel wan'ts do something right with Spider-Man in animated form? Bring back Josh Keaton and that series and continue where things were left off. And while they are at it, fund a continuation for Wolverine and the X-Men. Those are two of the best Marvel animated series since the 90s cartoons.

Yep. The reverting of ownership of the rights is one of the reasons why Spectacular Spider-Man was abruptly cancelled despite solid ratings -_-

Marvel wan'ts do something right with Spider-Man in animated form? Bring back Josh Keaton and that series and continue where things were left off. And while they are at it, fund a continuation for Wolverine and the X-Men. Those are two of the best Marvel animated series since the 90s cartoons.

Unless Marvel buys Spectacular Spider-Man show outright from SONY that will NEVER happen and Wolvie outright from its partners.

You may not like Ultimate Spider-Man, but its own 100% by Marvel and Disney wants 100% ownership.

Unless Marvel buys Spectacular Spider-Man show outright from SONY that will NEVER happen and Wolvie outright from its partners.

You may not like Ultimate Spider-Man, but its own 100% by Marvel and Disney wants 100% ownership.

What is to stop them from buying those series, or paying a licensing fee? It isn't as if Disney or Marvel are hurting for money. And Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty awful. Youtube is rife with rants about the show.

What is to stop them from buying those series, or paying a licensing fee? It isn't as if Disney or Marvel are hurting for money. And Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty awful. Youtube is rife with rants about the show.

What stops them? Cheapness, that is what, they would rather have a bad Spider-Man cartoon then a good Spider-Man cartoon where they have to pay royalties.

I thought Marvel only had the TV rights to Spider-Man and could not do any sort of movies, live action or animated, but I would be glad to be proven wrong about that if it would lead to some good Spider-Man DTVs.

I recently watched the Black Widow/Punisher movie i thought it was very well done.

Frank was the best thing about that Cartoon. Nick Fury felt too much like Luke Cage with an eye patch. I Approved of the use of Amadeus Cho.

There's a Captain America and Iron Man animated movie that's coming out this year that's not anime. Called "Heroes United"

There's a Captain America and Iron Man animated movie that's coming out this year that's not anime. Called "Heroes United"

Yeah and if its anything like the Hulk and Iron Man animated movie from last year, it will be awful.

There's a Captain America/Iron Man greatest heroes animated movie dropping this year that's not anime

I don't know if they are going to make more things separately, but they could collaborate with Disney on a lot of things. Devil Dinosaur (if they have the rights to him) and Power Pack could be options via Disney Animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"