IS the local Library your friend?

Deathlok2001

Sidekick
Reaction score
I heard that the library is your friend. So , do you use it? The city library charges a $12 annual fee in Edmonton. It has branches everywhere.

Do you use your local public library?

What are you reading? I might check out..... In Retrospect: The Tragedy and Lessons of Vietnam byRobert S. McNamara

Also, i am going to check out:

In search of Ogopogo : sacred creature of the Okanagan waters
Gaal, Arlene B.
:)I just LOVE the OGOPOGO. If he were here, I would hug him!
smile.gif
:up:

I never use the library. The problem with those places is that you have to return the book within a set time and I might not have got around to reading all of the book by that time.

I prefer to buy books so I can take my time reading them and then I can re-read them later.

I go to the library to check out Naruto DVDs!

psych

I been there 2 hours a day, every day this week, researching for a story I'm writing, so I'd say so, it's an invaluable resource :up: And it's free to boot :up:

Also picked up Foundation by Asminov and League of Extrodinary Gentleman GN, how can you not love the library :(

oh I forgot about the dvds! I think I might sauder down & get me a membership!

I go to my local library at least weekly. I get books, movies, and books on DVD (for when I travel for work) all the time. I love the library.

Movies205 said:
I been there 2 hours a day, every day this week, researching for a story I'm writing, so I'd say so, it's an invaluable resource :up: And it's free to boot :up:

Also picked up Foundation by Asminov and League of Extrodinary Gentleman GN, how can you not love the library :(

OMG! its FREE in your city? :eek:..... its $12 per year here in Edmonton!

Deathlok2001 said:

Haha, another way Canada is inferior. :p

Deathlok2001 said:

Thank god for the U S of A! :up:

Same with DVD's

I prefer to own them and watch them whenever instead of being on a time limit.

I go when my computer is having issues

Sometimes for travel books, which I may decide to buy later

I love my libaray. I go there to read the ongoing Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and read them for free...no less...

They've got a rather large collection of TBP's and Graphic Novels that they constantly add to. That's my best friend. ;)

Also their selection of CD's is fairly large and cool to borrow from.

I haven't been to a libary in a looong time, I used to use it some for school, but the net seems to fill those needs now.

what kinda library carries current comics?

EDIT an awesome kind

Ronny Shade said:

EDIT an awesome kind
Indeed, that'd make me go.

Ronny Shade said:

EDIT an awesome kind

Mine. :D

I loooove my library...I normally just sit and read them but you can rent them for a week. That's also where I read Wizards..

Also my Library allows 'renewals' for books/DVDs/CDs/Tapes...so if I'm not done reading/listening to something within the two week time limit I can call up before the due date and request an extension of my rental.

I read the the Graphic Novel "Watchmen" rented from my library. As well as 4 volumes of Essential Spider-Man, Identity Crisis, Astonishing X-Men, Ruse, and Sojourn to name a few. :)

my library has Tintin & Asterix and the classics like DKR and Akira, but that's all :down

twy, where the heck do you live?

Ronny Shade said:
my library has Tintin & Asterix and the classics like DKR and Akira, but that's all :down

I've noticed an upswing in my Library...for a long while they had just a large selection of older GN's and TPB's. But recently there's been a steady adding of current TPB's and GN's as well as Manga.

twy, where the heck do you live?

A town in southern Arizona. :)

Immortalfire said:
You have to pay to use the library? *laughs*

Yes, the provincal govt cut funding for it which makes NO sense considering wwe have BILLIONS in surplus monies......

the library is a great place to sleep.. it's quiet, there's air conditioning and if you find the right spot.. you can live there for days at a time.

Equint77 said:
the library is a great place to sleep.. it's quiet, there's air conditioning and if you find the right spot.. you can live there for days at a time.

Actually, in my city libraries, they hire pseudo cops that walk around & if they catch you sleeping, they give you a shake to wake you & tell you your not allowed to sleep in the library & to move on. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"