It's a Bird! It's a Plane! David Corenswet IS Superman!

That belt and pant design really works well for me, ofcourse, it's a very human look and needs human materials to go with it, it works for a costume he makes himself - alas, it wouldn't work on a more 'kryptonian tech' suit. Just how it wouldn't work if the Reeve suit didn't have them.

Seeing The Batman opens up the possibility of other styles of suits, for Superman - a home made suit could be very plausible next time round.

Nice. I really love the Fleischer symbol, or even just replacing the classic symbol with black in the yellow parts. It’s such a powerful design. View attachment 54015

I really dig the classic Fleisher design captured in the top right corner of the image below. I definitely support trunks too, and like the black belt incorporated in the design.

For the trunks themselves, I actually like those in that particular design or those included with the miniature body model at the top of the image (all the way to the left).

The half-calf cape length is the way to go too. Works for Thor in Ragnarok.
superman_reboot_concepts_by_bunk2.jpg

The colors there are perfect ^ I miss Bunk, those were the days… back when we still thought Man of Steel would happen with Routh. I wish the DCU would’ve started with Bale and Routh :’(

Routh probably had a good Superman movie in him. I still love Superman Returns, but that movie did need a secondary antagonist for him to punch.

Routh probably had a good Superman movie in him. I still love Superman Returns, but that movie did need a secondary antagonist for him to punch.

I feel like he could play a great Superman now, but I’m not sure about back then. I still can’t tell if they barely gave him any lines because they didn’t know how to write for Superman or because they weren’t confident in his acting (the same could be said for Cavill’s Superman). Maybe a combination of both. But in the little bits I saw of him in that Crisis crossover on CW (as bad as it was) I thought he came off a lot more Superman-like than in any scenes in SR. Though it doesn’t help that most of the dialogue that they did give him was just rehashing lines from Superman ‘78.

Not sure who I’d like to see play a black Superman but I agree with everyone who suggested Jacob Elordi.

I also wanna say that the next suit needs to have the Fleischer shield. It looks ****ing great.

I really dig the classic Fleisher design captured in the top right corner of the image below. I definitely support trunks too, and like the black belt incorporated in the design.

For the trunks themselves, I actually like those in that particular design or those included with the miniature body model at the top of the image (all the way to the left).

The half-calf cape length is the way to go too. Works for Thor in Ragnarok.
superman_reboot_concepts_by_bunk2.jpg
The Fleischer suit + a black belt is my ideal Superman suit. It’s so classy and timeless-looking, imo.

Not sure who I’d like to see play a black Superman but I agree with everyone who suggested Jacob Elordi.

I also wanna say that the next suit needs to have the Fleischer shield. It looks ****ing great.

I haven't seen him act before, but looks wise, I can see it.

3656f360716806477270be5c97722ed9.jpg

jacob-elordi-1526981246-view-0.png

Man, if Elordi were to be cast as Clark then they’ll need to find an actress who is at least 5’10” to be Lois, lol. Dude was standing next to Rachel Ziegler tonight and he made the poor girl look like a hobbit.

I picture Clark as a person who is very passionate about social justice. He's incredibly intelligent - a perk of coming from an advanced society where the dumbest person on the planet is intelligent enough to be a celebrated theoretical physicist on Earth - but he's also a man of action. He might look like someone who rushes into situations without thinking but the truth is that it only takes a second (maybe two) for him to come up with solutions to fix whatever problem he's trying to solve. That doesn't always make him the best or most reliable team player, which causes friction with both the Justice League and (to a lesser extent) his Planet colleagues at times, but I imagine he'll become easier to work with as he ages. I imagine him in his younger years as a slightly cockier version of the MCU's Steve Rogers. As an older man, I picture him as wise and zen - but never without that slight cockiness, that absolute belief in his own power and the righteousness with which he wields it; he's mellowed out and all, but you never quite forget that he's not one to be ****ed with.

As Superman, he doesn't often speak. When he does, it's because he has something important to say. He's kind and reassuring, but he prefers to expresses himself through his actions and demeanor than through words. As he ages and becomes a bit more like the Superman we all tend to picture in our heads, he becomes a skilled orator.

As Clark: he's mild-mannered but passionate and it mostly shows in his writing. Clark is just as much of his true self as Superman is, but Clark can express opinions and relax in a way that Superman cannot. He can express explicit dislike for people who aren't corrupt businessmen, he can grab a slice of pizza without being mobbed, he can ask a woman out on a date...you get the idea. The "nice guy" at the office who not a lot of people really know, but everyone likes him. He goes out of his way at times to comedically emphasize his physical resemblance to Superman - the best way to hide is in plain sight, after all.

Power level: I picture him starting at the Golden Age/Fleischer/S:TAS power level and peaking at...well, somewhere higher. :funny: He's the strongest man on Earth but he can't move planets, survive in space for more than a few hours without assistance, or actually survive going through the sun.

My reason for wanting to temper his power a bit is so that combat and super feats can be done as practically as possible - I've had enough of ****ty, video game-y special effects. They're unavoidable, but the less of them, the better.

Last edited:
The good thing about S:TAS power levels is when he in a fight you actually have a reason to be concerned about him. I was annoyed in MoS when he fought Zod and company and took absolutely zero damage. I want him to still feel pain and get hurt, bleed, bruise, let his hair get messy and costume take abuse.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I personally have no desire to see them race change Superman's character simply for the sake of being different. Seeing as how Warner Bros thinks that they can fix the DCEU by replacing Henry's Superman with Supergirl just proves that they have no idea on what to do with his character. You can still have a POC portray a version of Superman (e.g., Calvin Ellis) and introduce Supergirl without replacing "Clark Kent/Kal-el".

"Superman & Lois" is a strong example of how Superman can be portrayed in a modern way while staying faithful to the core elements of his character.

I feel like roughly half the fandom has the same opinion, so I don’t think you have to worry about yours being unpopular. :p

In what ways does casting a black actor come across as changing his race for no reason? Is the assumption that it would hold no social or story relevancy?

In what ways does casting a black actor come across as changing his race for no reason? Is the assumption that it would hold no social or story relevancy?

And what reason would there be to change his race in the first place? Why not just use Val-Zod rather than changing Clark Kent/Kal-el's appearance?

Personally, I feel like there are some characters that could adapt to those changes (e.g., Jim Gordon, Selina Kyle, Perry White) while others should remain the same. Speaking as an Korean American myself, I can honestly say that I wouldn't appreciate if an Korean actor was picked to play a live action version of Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, or John Stewart because that's not who I envision when thinking about those characters.

I feel like he looks too aesthetically similar looking like Cavill that it doesn't feel like a big enough change. I want an overall different look for supes just how Cavill and Reeves don't look alike.

To each their own. If looking like too much like the guy everyone says looks like Superman (only more so to me) is the main problem with him, I don't see that as a problem at all. He can already act the role WAAAAAY better than Cavill ever could, just from the two roles I've seen him in, and that's the most important thing to me anyway. He's got a such a wholesome natural dorky midwestern charm about him that's just perfection to me, like he was engineered in a lab to be Clark Kent. But looking like another Superman actor ain't ever a knock against a candidate, imo. Because they all look like Superman. Plus, he's much taller, so after he hit the gym, he'd dwarf Cavill and have a very different physicality to him.

But I'm open to other candidates (Eli Goree is my other big one)....just not that Elordi guy, please. He would be far worse to me (and yes, I've watched him in Euphoria).

To each their own. If looking like too much like the guy everyone says looks like Superman (only more so to me) is the main problem with him, I don't see that as a problem at all. He can already act the role WAAAAAY better than Cavill ever could, just from the two roles I've seen him in, and that's the most important thing to me anyway. He's got a such a wholesome natural dorky midwestern charm about him that's just perfection to me. But looking like another Superman actor ain't ever a knock against a candidate for me. Because they all look like Superman. Plus, he's much taller, so after he hit the gym, he'd dwarf Cavill have a very different physicality to him.

But I'm open to other candidates (Eli Goree is my other biig one)....just not that Elordi guy, please. He would be far worse to me (and yes, I've watched him in Euphoria).
I haven't seen euphoria, what's wrong with that guy?

I haven't seen euphoria, what's wrong with that guy?
He's good for the dark character he plays on that show, but he looks like the guy who would bully Clark Kent. And I've seen zero wholesomeness or warmth to his screen presence that makes me think he could be the big lovable farm dork I wanna see. Similar to my issues with Cavill, tbh, outside of Cavill's general wooden acting, of course.

He's good for the dark character he plays on that show, but he looks like the guy who would bully Clark Kent. And I've seen zero wholesomeness or warmth to his screen presence that makes me think he could be the big lovable farm dork I wanna see. Similar to my issues with Cavill, tbh, outside of Cavill's general wooden acting, of course.

Fair enough, I know what you mean about someone's who has a dorky presence. I think this time round I don't want a hulked up supes. I like the leaner body type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"