• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jack Ryan series (Amazon Prime)

But it is exactly that. The changes Ryan speaks of is the kind that will better protect people, stop terrorists, make the CIA a better more effective organization. He believes he can do that better from a place of influence on the front lines. The front lines is the CIA and DOD and NSA. Ryan chose the CIA.

And yet when he's given the opportunity to basically run point on something over Greer by the Deputy Director of Operations, he basically turns it down. Another contradictory action.

Idk why this is even up for debate. It's obvious why he does what he does and its plainly stated in the show.

In his very first meeting with Greer he shows a motivation to get his bosses at the CIA to pay attention to things they hadn't considered and tries to get Greer to listen to what hes found out. The whole season he goes far beyond his job's mandate and refuses to accept Greer's cynical views and ideas. He pushes to save the boy when the others just want to bomb the terrorsts. He wants things to change.

Nothing I've seen Jack do in the show really pushes for some greater change.

Jack's superpower was that he would break social and political protocols to go over his boss's head. He was in a meeting to turn Greer's briefing papers yet he jumps up to talk, to the President and the CIA Director when he was not supposed to while the rest of the intelligence bigwigs followed the rules.

They didn't give him other full on social disorders like Sherlock Holmes in most modern productions has or a say a Doctor House, Detective Gorin and all the other characters who see stuff that his peers do not, even if it is obvious to us. Like someone should question the "driver/bodyguard"

Isn't Jack Ryan supposed to be more of an everyman anyway rather than being like a more socially inept or autistic character.

Isn't Jack Ryan supposed to be more of an everyman anyway rather than being like a more socially inept or autistic character.
That is the impression that I got from the books. But he always had Admiral Greer's ear or jumped in out of turn. He was more likely to go rogue and have his peers from other agencies join him

I really enjoyed this series. I'm not a big fan of the movies either, but this hit all the right spots for me in terms of action and drama. Krasinski is pretty badass and very likable/sympathetic as Ryan, and I do like the fact he felt more like an every man type of hero and not some invincible badass. Wendell Pierce was great as the new boss too and I hope he comes back for Season 2.

I also enjoyed how they gave the villains layers as well. I can understand why some didn't like the Drone subplot, but I thought the actor did a great job with the role so it didn't bother me too much.

I really enjoyed this season all I hope is that we just don't have to wait too long for the next season and that it is longer..

I really enjoyed this season all I hope is that we just don't have to wait too long for the next season and that it is longer..
We probably will. Isn't John K filming the sequel to A Quiet Place? I figure the earliest we see season 2 will be early 2020.

Then again, they might just try and push up the release of the series and have it drop next summer.

The only snag was introducing the love interest. She was so bland and useless. I get that she has a role in the novels. But why not introduce in season 2? She was the only letdown of this season.

Just finished episode 3, the terrorist pops just dropped the most unromantic proposal story ever before throwing some letters in the fire which made Momma grab the kids and run....I think I must have missed something, what was in the letters?

The drone dude
dropping the bomb on that rapist piece of ****
was awesome! :D:

Just finished episode 3, the terrorist pops just dropped the most unromantic proposal story ever before throwing some letters in the fire which made Momma grab the kids and run....I think I must have missed something, what was in the letters?

The drone dude
dropping the bomb on that rapist piece of ****
was awesome! :D:
Fake passports
Hanin got from her uncle

Finished it tonight and I am not sure what all the fuss is about, don't get me wrong it's a good show with a solid story that is well told (Bar the pointless drone pilot subplot), with quality production values, and I thought Krasinski was a decent Jack Ryan while Wendell Pierce was excellent as Greer and I really liked Abbie Cornish as Cathy, but it was well trodden ground with more middle eastern terrorists and didn't have anything particularly fresh or spectacular to warrant some of the rave reviews I saw, and I'd still give it a solid 7.5/ 8 out of 10.

I'm guessing that Greer and Ryan now being in Russia will set up the second season, I wonder if they'll borrow elements from both The Cardinal of the Kremlin and The Bear and the Dragon.

Finished it tonight and I am not sure what all the fuss is about, don't get me wrong it's a good show with a solid story that is well told (Bar the pointless drone pilot subplot), with quality production values, and I thought Krasinski was a decent Jack Ryan while Wendell Pierce was excellent as Greer and I really liked Abbie Cornish as Cathy, but it was well trodden ground with more middle eastern terrorists and didn't have anything particularly fresh or spectacular to warrant some of the rave reviews I saw, and I'd still give it a solid 7.5/ 8 out of 10.

I'm guessing that Greer and Ryan now being in Russia will set up the second season, I wonder if they'll borrow elements from both The Cardinal of the Kremlin and The Bear and the Dragon.

Was listening to a recent podcast that had Graham Roland on as a guest (Showrunner), and he mentioned that season 2 two will focus on South America and “the decline of democracy”.

Yeah what was THAT? I don't even care if they tie it into the rest of the story somehow, that storyline still sticks out like a sore thumb.

That didn't seem to tie in to anything else. I was also confused about that scene where that guy went for an interview about online banking and they said that they prefer personal interaction as that fosters trust. What was that all about? We never saw that character ever again.

The series was good on the whole, although some parts were a little slow and didn't make sense (like those mentioned above).

I was surprised that Suleiman was defeated so easily with just one shot. I thought there would be more of a face off with him threatening to push the button on the phone or taking someone hostage. Or even a physical fight between him and Ryan.

Is it in The Cardinal of the Kremlin that some woman gets stuck in a sensory deprivation tank, or is that in a different spy novel by someone else entirely?

That didn't seem to tie in to anything else. I was also confused about that scene where that guy went for an interview about online banking and they said that they prefer personal interaction as that fosters trust. What was that all about? We never saw that character ever again.

It was to say that Suleiman wasn't "one of us" and no matter how good he was he would hit the glass ceiling at a low level. He took it because he was Muslim, but that could have been the Sheikh's own internal prejudice and a Christian Lebanese refugee to France may have faced similar obstacles at that level of employment.

It was to say that Suleiman wasn't "one of us" and no matter how good he was he would hit the glass ceiling at a low level. He took it because he was Muslim, but that could have been the Sheikh's own internal prejudice and a Christian Lebanese refugee to France may have faced similar obstacles at that level of employment.

Was that Suleiman who went for that job interview? I thought it was someone else. Why would he suddenly go for an interview right in the middle of a terrorist plot?

Was that Suleiman who went for that job interview? I thought it was someone else. Why would he suddenly go for an interview right in the middle of a terrorist plot?
It was one of the many flashback scenes we had with Sheikh Suleiman. Off the top of my head there was also the IDF bombing his village, his being arrested to save his brother from a weapons charge, and telling his brother who seemed to be a cultural Muslim that he now believes as had been radicalized while in French prison

Even if season 2 is a critical or fan failure the Clancyverse stamp is still on the show with the hope the next story will be better. As a service Amazon needs exclusive fresh content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"