Guardians of the Galaxy James gunn fired!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I heard about the tweets I suspected this would happen.

Disney should know better. Those tweets were public and out there when they originally hired him. Kind of ridiculous.

As I said in the other thread I hope they take their time looking for a replacement.

Nerds online are already saying give it to Taika.

I think it was only a matter of time before he got fired for his comments. After what Disney had to go through with the whole Roseanne thing, Gunn's comments couldn't go unpunished, especially since many were far worse than her comments about Valerie Jarrett. Marvel/Disney dropped the ball in not doing more of a background check on him.

Disney should know better. Those tweets were public and out there when they originally hired him. Kind of ridiculous.
Had they been aware of those tweets when they hired him?

Quite a Friday.

I can’t defend his old tweets, but I’m still shocked how fast it alll went down, especially since the work for GOTG 3 is underway. This will affect the third movie no matter what.

Isn't he scheduled to present his next project tonight at SDCC?

Had they been aware of those tweets when they hired him?
That's what I'm wondering as well. Most companies these days go through potential hires' social media history so it's odd that Marvel/Disney missed stuff like this.

From the tweets Im reading of his some were in bad taste and others I guess were just not my brand of humor bit if they have been online for years why now all of the sudden is it fireable? I mean 2 gotg films under his belt and working on a 3rd, weird timing I guess

So when do we hold the President or other people responsible for things they have said either online or in person? There is either a line/limit or you persecute everyone.

From the tweets Im reading of his some were in bad taste and others I guess were just not my brand of humor bit if they have been online for years why now all of the sudden is it fireable? I mean 2 gotg films under his belt and working on a 3rd, weird timing I guess
He should have known better than keep stuff like that on his Twitter feed, especially when he's been beefing with some people of a different political persuasion than him and how common it is for people to go social media diving to dig up dirt on people.

Somebody online actually said why does Trump get a pass and the response was, Trump didn't talk about kids. Not to get into that here.

I think it was only a matter of time before he got fired for his comments. After what Disney had to go through with the whole Roseanne thing, Gunn's comments couldn't go unpunished, especially since many were far worse than her comments about Valerie Jarrett. Marvel/Disney dropped the ball in not doing more of a background check on him.

As horrible as those tweets were, the occurred long before he was under contract to The Walt Disney Company. And as far as we know he's been a good soldier since he was hired back in 2012. Roseanne was hired for behaving badly while under contract, a much different situation.

For tweets from a DECADE ago?
Wow.
Is there anything twitter is ACTUALLY good for, or is it just fuel for witch-hunts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"