Sequels Jamie Foxx is Electro!

If they change the character design i.e. his background, characterization, motive, then it is not the same car.

But if he is the same Electro from TASM2, you cannot change his background or characterization that much. Just a new costume a maybe tone him down a bit, but that's about it.

But if he is the same Electro from TASM2, you cannot change his background or characterization that much. Just a new costume a maybe tone him down a bit, but that's about it.

With Foxx's quote about changing his appearance, I'm open to the idea that this might be a completely different version of Electro. That is probably not the case however I'm not ruling it out. That said, yes, if it's the same character from ASM2 then there isnt much they can do. But that doesn't mean they can't improve the overall writing for Max. The concept of his character was interesting and if allowed he could go to interesting places with his psychosis.

If this is a BND/OMD adaptation of some sort, could Mephisto end up being the central antagonist?

They could continue with using the gullibility of Spider-Man in hoping to make Electro better and make a joke about it:

Spider-Man *chasing Electro*: "Why are you doing this?"
Electro *in a teary mode*: "You forgot my name, I thought we were friends, but you forgot me."
Spider-Man *approaching*: "I'm sorry man, sometimes it's easy to forget when you meet many people"
Electro zaps Spidey: "See ya Spidey, that was fun" [laughs as he flies away with his loot]
If this is a BND/OMD adaptation of some sort, could Mephisto end up being the central antagonist?
OMIT, cause OMD's Mephisto deal was retconned the way of the marriage, and a pigeon messed with Strange by dropping a brick on his head to convince him do the psychic blindspot, and Foggy forgets he knows May as Spider-Man's aunt.

With Foxx's quote about changing his appearance, I'm open to the idea that this might be a completely different version of Electro. That is probably not the case however I'm not ruling it out. That said, yes, if it's the same character from ASM2 then there isnt much they can do. But that doesn't mean they can't improve the overall writing for Max. The concept of his character was interesting and if allowed he could go to interesting places with his psychosis.

I think the evidence he is the same character is becoming overwhelming. Especially with Doctor Strange now in this movie. Can they write him a better role? Sure, but again I go back to my car metaphor. Regardless what we do to Jamie Foxx Electro from TASM2, he is a used car. Regardless what auto work we do, he is a used car. To which I ask why settle for a used car when we can just get a new one. One we don't have to fix up to get running? Like we did in the last 2 films

I think the evidence he is the same character is becoming overwhelming. Especially with Doctor Strange now in this movie. Can they write him a better role? Sure, but again I go back to my car metaphor. Regardless what we do to Jamie Foxx Electro from TASM2, he is a used car. Regardless what auto work we do, he is a used car. To which I ask why settle for a used car when we can just get a new one. One we don't have to fix up to get running? Like we did in the last 2 films

I mean they salvaged nothing from the Amazing films for the MCU when they arguably could have. JK Simmons was an anomaly because everyone wanted Jameson and everyone thought it was OK he was playing the character again and it was clearly not meant to be the same one from the Raimi pictures.

Going with the metaphor, not all used cars are broken. Foxx's Electro was fine. Cheesy dialogue yes, and his psychosis was executed poorly but those things are easily corrected. He was still badass in some scenes and can definitely be menacing enough going forward. I would prefer an entirely new take on Max/Electro as well, but at this point unless they redesign his character like I mentioned, that point is essentially moot.

Going with the metaphor, not all used cars are broken. Foxx's Electro was fine. Cheesy dialogue yes, and his psychosis was executed poorly but those things are easily corrected. He was still badass in some scenes and can definitely be menacing enough going forward. I would prefer an entirely new take on Max/Electro as well, but at this point unless they redesign his character like I mentioned, that point is essentially moot.

I thought his used car looked like one from a demolition derby. But different strokes I guess.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if we're getting TASM2 Electro with a new design/characterization or an entirely new version. As I've said before, it would've been preferable if they had cast a villain we've never seem before, e.g. Kraven, but I'm honestly excited to see where they go from here. This along with the Strange news has my interest genuinely piqued.

Simmons might be an anomaly NOW.

OR... He's the template for this going forward, or, at least, in this sequel.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if we're getting TASM2 Electro with a new design/characterization or an entirely new version. As I've said before, it would've been preferable if they had cast a villain we've never seem before, e.g. Kraven, but I'm honestly excited to see where they go from here. This along with the Strange news has my interest genuinely piqued.

Why not just make a brand-new Electro with a new actor, new characterization who has no connection to Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I would understand bringing Foxx back as Electro if he was beloved in the role like JK Simmons or Willem Dafoe or whatever. But.....his Electro isn't. In fact, very much the opposite. So bringing him back if he isn't the same character would make absolutely zero sense. Heck, bringing him back AS the same character STILL makes no sense to me!!!! If we need a multiverse character in this, why not pick literally any other villain!!!!

Why not just make a brand-new Electro with a new actor, new characterization who has no connection to Amazing Spider-Man 2.
This is the only reason I'm led to believe it is some sort of multiverse thing, but at the same time Foxx said something about not being blue this time, so I have no idea.

Because Jamie Foxx is a skilled enough actor to play a better-written version of Electro, regardless of which incarnation he turns out to be.

Because Jamie Foxx is a skilled enough actor to play a better-written version of Electro, regardless of which incarnation he turns out to be.
Then why didn't he do that the first time around?

Then why didn't he do that the first time around?

Even good actors aren't immune to poor writing. Tommy Lee Jones is one of the greatest actors alive but even he couldn't save Batman Forever's Two-Face.

Once again, I don't see the point in bringing him back.

Glenn Close is a fantastic actress, but she was barely even in Guardians of the Galaxy, and they never brought her back for the role ever again.

Once again, I don't see the point in bringing him back.

Glenn Close is a fantastic actress, but she was barely even in Guardians of the Galaxy, and they never brought her back for the role ever again.

I understand your skepticism. If they were gonna bring back an already-used villain I would have preferred Doctor Octopus or even Sandman. We'll just have to see what happens I guess.

Completely unexcited about this and yet another damn mentor for Spidey. He doesn’t need a damn mentor. He came into his own in Far From Home. I think the MCU is doing crap now with Spidey compared to what Raimi did where he wad just solo and making mistakes and also being the incredible hero he is

Completely unexcited about this and yet another damn mentor for Spidey. He doesn’t need a damn mentor. He came into his own in Far From Home. I think the MCU is doing crap now with Spidey compared to what Raimi did where he wad just solo and making mistakes and also being the incredible hero he is

I have a feeling that Strange will just be an ally rather than a mentor tbh. He'll probably have more screen time than Tony did in HoCo but maybe a little less than Talos-Fury had in FFH.

Regardless of which version he is playing I would live to see him wear some form of the 616 Electro costume.

fe6d4eed63d63a1c2372bc1276ac4a33.jpg

To me it's such an interesting design, like Spider-man's own costume, that it's a crying shame not to use it. Similarly with the Spider-man PS4 game, I think it's lazy and underwhelming to dress him down in civilian rags.

I think this statue makes a good attempt at translating the costume into a more real feeling design that could work onscreen.

electro03-1.jpg

I'm keen to see the lightning bolt mask adapted to as it completes the look. I get annoyed even with the comics for copping out and giving him a scarred face instead which just doesn't work half as well. Either make the effort or don't bother with the character at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"