No Way Home "Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score
JAMIEFOXX.jpeg

Given the recent creation of the sub-forum, we can finally have individual threads for each returning character. What are your thoughts on Jamie Foxx returning to play Electro? Is he playing the same version from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or a different one entirely?

Comment your thoughts below and let's watch the lightning burst.

I'd prefer they don't use as much makeup and effects for Electro's design here, just have Jamie Foxx's natural appearance with maybe some glowing eyes and hands. Idk about whether or not they should use the starfish mask, but I'm sure there's ways to make it less silly looking.

Hopefully we get to see Fox’s real acting skills this time. Last time out was a disgrace.

Posted about this in the Manip thread as well, but I managed to find the Spider-Verse fan-art that he shared in that Instagram post earlier today:

That art of Electro on the wall I dig a lot. Looks similar to the original design just without the mask/helmet. I'd be happy with something like this.
D7Nq0cMXkAE0J44.jpg

Just leaving this here.

electro01_939ebf97-8554-43f4-a8ca-176d51d629e8_2000x.jpg

electro03_fe84bfbd-0dd3-4f2f-8a95-9703dda93689_2000x.jpg

Yes! Give us this costume on Foxx man!

His character in Amazing Spider-Man 2 didn't even look like Electro but some generic electrical guy who could have easily been invented for the film. He looked like someone out of a CW show.

This is the iconic look, and since it's likely dealing with the multiverse they should embrace this look.

Yes! Give us this costume on Foxx man!

His character in Amazing Spider-Man 2 didn't even look like Electro but some generic electrical guy who could have easily been invented for the film. He looked like someone out of a CW show.

This is the iconic look, and since it's likely dealing with the multiverse they should embrace this look.

Well tbf his Electro in TASM2 was more based on the Ultimate version not 616, so it was relatively comic book accurate to some source material. Would of course be cool to see him in the look of the OG Electro too though with a 2nd iteration

It actually really excited me to unreasonable levels when it first came out that Jamie Foxx would be returning. I don't think he's good in TASM2 (I mean, it ain't a dull performance that's for sure) but I know he's got it in him and it'll be cool to see him get another crack at it.

Huh. Just shortly after Far From Home's premiere. Ironic in hindsight lol

I'd prefer they don't use as much makeup and effects for Electro's design here, just have Jamie Foxx's natural appearance with maybe some glowing eyes and hands. Idk about whether or not they should use the starfish mask, but I'm sure there's ways to make it less silly looking.

I'm not expecting a direct translation, but since Feige and co. are involved, I think we'll get the starfish look in some manner that evokes the classic mask myself.

I think it's entirely possible to do the electricity bolt mask and still look cool. It's Electro's iconic look. It's much better than that completely generic blue creature in a hoodie from ASM2.

I don't know if yellow electricity works in live-action. I'd love to be proven wrong, I'm all about adapting original designs

With Alfred Molina recently confirming that he's playing SM2's Doc Ock again, I think it's safe to say that he's playing an evolved version of the ASM2 Electro.

With Alfred Molina recently confirming that he's playing SM2's Doc Ock again, I think it's safe to say that he's playing an evolved version of the ASM2 Electro.

When and where did he confirm? Is there a link?

So if Molina is playing the same version of Ock from SM2, do you think it'll be the same thing with Foxx's Electro? I'd be cool with that as long as he's written better and has a new look.

So if Molina is playing the same version of Ock from SM2, do you think it'll be the same thing with Foxx's Electro? I'd be cool with that as long as he's written better and has a new look.
I think it's likely he's the same version, but he won't be blue at the very least. Jamie Foxx said he won't be blue this time, hopefully he'll be better written and less cartoonish in a bad way. You can easily say he got plucked from the multiverse right after what happens to him in ASM2, much like how Ock somehow gets taken from the bottom of the river.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"