No Way Home "Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

I'll say this and I can completely see where Cade and others might be coming from. Overall I did enjoy Jamie Foxx in this even if he was mostly being Jamie Foxx with a little of his Baby Driver persona thrown in.

I didn't like the Max Dillion stuff at all in TASM 2, but as hard as it is for some to believe I actually really enjoy all the Electro stuff in that movie, especially the unique visuals and the score during his action sequences.

There's some bad stuff in that movie but I didn't feel he was the real problem outside of him just being blue which wasn't comic accurate. Jamie Foxx has so much charisma and screen presence in this movie though and I liked seeing interact with the other villains because they each had different personalities.

This is ultimately why Electro worked so much better here. The way he was written in TASM2 didn't play as well to Jamie Foxx's strengths as an actor. Electro doesn't necessarily even need to be menacing, his portrayal here was in line with the PS4 version - a cocky, arrogant jerk.

Jamie seemed like he was having fun here and really felt more comfortable in the role. Sometimes actors are at their best when they just inject their own personalities into their characters (see: Will Smith, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Mamoa etc) and I think it was a good call to shed that awkward geeky persona from ASM 2 and just let him be himself in this version.

Jamie seemed like he was having fun here and really felt more comfortable in the role. Sometimes actors are at their best when they just inject their own personalities into their characters (see: Will Smith, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Mamoa etc) and I think it was a good call to shed that awkward geeky persona from ASM 2 and just let him be himself in this version.

He was fine as Electro in TASM2, but very generic. The script didn't allow his natural charisma to shine through.

Last edited:
Seeing that interview with Foxx, Dafoe and Molina before the film came out makes me that much more glad that Electro had a better showing this time out.

While he wasn't very threatening in terms of personality (which he didn't really need to be), in terms of sheer power I felt like he was the most frightening guy Spider-man had to face. When he came bursting onto the screen with those huge, highly destructive bolts of lightning I was like "How can Spidey stand a chance against this guy?" Which he didn't, since he only survived his encounters with Electro because someone else intervened.

Cool concept, but they didn't really capture it, mask here looks way better.

FHC_nDYWUAAbwSU

Probably not true but at the same time Sony gonna Sony

Cinematography, visuals, soundtrack, story behind Electro, Jamie's acting... I can't believe that people really think that anything about Electro was better in No Way Home.

I think since we don't get goofy pre-transformation Max in NWH, people feel it's a better character overall by default.

But we were never gonna see pre-transformation Max in NWH, so..yeah, I do wish we got the angry, lonely, confused blue guy from TASM2.

I can watch Jamie Foxx being Jamie Foxx on a talk show. I want something more from Electro.

Last edited:
Cinematography, visuals, soundtrack, story behind Electro, Jamie's acting... I can't believe that people really think that anything about Electro was better in No Way Home.

I like Jamie Foxx a lot and that’s why I’m still torn on the interpretation of Electro in NWH. I prefer his story/personality in TASM2 but I don’t think Jamie was the right guy to portray it. I don’t like the personality used in NWH but think Jamie was the right guy to play it. Confusing I know lol.

I would have liked a deeper conversation at the end between Andrew and him. This two can relate on the simplistic level of going from what some would perceive as “nobodies” to being granted gifts that made them larger then life. There was no mention of that.

A bigger crime is his damn powers though. Like dude, what happened? Where is that godlike power level? I mean my man Andrew even says “I’ve never seen him this powerful”…uh what? He’s doing nothing but floating in place and shooting the occasional little blast.

The icing on the cake is Ock beating him in a few seconds….Remember though we’ve never seen him this powerful :whatever:

Again Jamie is basically just playing himself in the role. I like Jamie so much that I can let some of this slide but damn just more missed potential…..

I feel the better play would have been to eliminate Sandman or Lizard from the movie …and bump up the emphasis on Electro as this massive powerhouse.

Probably not true but at the same time Sony gonna Sony

I liked the character in the movie, so I wouldn't have a problem with this if they did it right. Of course, that's the rub, isn't it?

I wonder how they'd give him his powers back, though.

Thinking about it, I think I'd be into the idea simply because it could give us a better idea of what happened to everyone when they went back to their universe.

Personally, I think I would have him appear in his universe at the same time as his respective Peter Parker (who should appear in some capacity in the movie). So for Peter it would be right back to business as usual, whereas Max would have to contend with the fact that he's been dead for ten years and is known by society as a supervillain. Also he would start the movie out without his powers, so the first part of the movie would basically be about him trying to find his place in society.

I'm really not sure what a good way to bring back his powers would be, though. I guess the way it was described in NWH, the way they said his electricity was being siphoned away sort of leaves open the possibility that he could be "recharged" somehow. Maybe have him get seriously injured while trying to save someone, then his powers start waking back up again when paramedics use a defibrillator to restart his heart. Idaknow.

Last edited:
I love how the final battle established that Electro, while not being the main threat of the movie, is arguably the most physically dangerous. None of the Spider-Men even layed a finger on him, and he was only defeated because of Ock's intervention.

I love how the final battle established that Electro, while not being the main threat of the movie, is arguably the most physically dangerous. None of the Spider-Men even layed a finger on him, and he was only defeated because of Ock's intervention.

I felt the opposite. They missed the mark with Electro. There was little to no creativity to show off his abilities (same for Sandman). I never really felt that he was shown to be the powerhouse that he is. Ock basically just casually defeats him with very little effort.

I know it’s all to build up hype and stuff but you gotta laugh when Andrew says “I’ve never seen him this powerful”. Uh yes you have dude back in your movie when he literally almost shuts the entire city down.

Electro's abilities don't really accomplish anything, so he kinda leaves no lasting impression on me.

TBH I feel that way about all the villains. Yes, May dies because of Goblin, and Ock terrorizes the bridge when he shows up, but other than that? The threat of 5 villains arriving in the universe didn't really feel like it.

I suppose the question is, Was there alot of unoriginality towards the power displays for these characters? I think Doc Ock probably had the most creativity. Sandman probably had the least.

Lizard was fairly basic to what you would expect when being chased by a vicious creature. Electro did what you would expect., and thats shoot electricity. Goblin was mostly just a powerhouse for hand-to-hand fights. The glider was barely shown.

Really its a shame Goblin was introduced later into the climax.

I thought he was good in the movie. It's always going to be tricky to give characters that much time to shine in a movie with so many of them. But he was a good presence. Intrigued by the potential of a new universe of power and one that was truly hesitant to lose what he had.

Combined with his portrayal in TASM2 was a good character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"