No Way Home "Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

I don't really see the issue, it seems most of the time we're gonna see Jamie Foxx's face except for when he's powering up or expending electricity they work in the classic mask effect.

So, something I saw brought up earlier. Could Electro's look in NWH be intentionally inspired by this look in the Enter Electro game? Referring specifically to that apparatus he's wearing.

Yea I think your right actually. Though it'll probably be "Stark Tech" as for how they explain it.

So, something I saw brought up earlier. Could Electro's look in NWH be intentionally inspired by this look in the Enter Electro game? Referring specifically to that apparatus he's wearing.

Maybe but I think the Enter Electro game got that look from the light the night arc in the 90s. He wore a similar apparatus in that story.

......no. I like being able to see Jamie Foxx's face, thank you very much.

I feel like this is one of those perpetual controversies: "The character has a mask, which must cover their face" vs "The actor needs to be able to act, that requires showing their face". Its probably never going away so long as people making superhero movies.

I do wonder if Electro will be stripped of his powers in this film after he is imprisoned. I mean there is a shot of him as a floating blue glow absorbing yellow lighting and then bouncing from power electric points like in TASM2. But then, what probably is the climax, he is looking normal in an electric tech suit saying "You won't take this away from me", with a reactor and wires attached to his arms and legs.

Last edited:
After Garfield and Emma blew him up, Electro could end up as an unstable electricity that Strange had magically stabilized, and later after escaping Electro used the Stark reactor to retain this form? We will see.

Well we know from leaks that he looks normal when he is imprisoned because he is casually wearing an electrician's jacket. So I'm gonna guess he gets his powers taken away.

And we know Ock has his arms trapped in the shot of him talking to the kids so there are precautions made after they capture them.

I am also guessing thats why Electro says "You won't take this away from me". He wants to be Electro and finds a way to get it back with the reactor. In those shots he doesn't look like he has to same ability or power display as he does when he is absorbing power lines behind black suit (inside out suit) spidey and bouncing from power lines in electric form.

It looks like the suit he is wearing is doing all the power display, and not so much his body.

Just my theory.

Last edited:
Whiplash.

3e044c452ce0fca601b1d9a0ee32c3cb.jpg

f2147654f14121a5b513be4b989eb400.gif

Jamie Foxx being in the same shared movie universe as Samuel L Jackson, Don Cheadle, Anthony Mackie, Winston Duke, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jonathan Majors, Daniel Kaluuya, Brian Tyree Henry and Mahershala Ali at the same time is really cool to see, even if Foxx is one and done after this movie.

It will be interesting to see how much of an upgrade this interpretation of Electro is in comparison to his last outing.

I thought his look in TASM2 fit his character, specifically with the hoodie. A kind of sad Frankenstein thing.

Now it looks a bit generic, but who knows what the character is like.

I have theory.

What if Electro after he was blown up in TASM2 was transported to MCU as pure energy, he found his variant and used his electrical/nervous system to posses him and that's why he and his powers look different?

I'm still convinced he is de-powered in order to prison him. Like how they got ocks arms tied in the trailer. And Electro is out to get back what he lost. So he finds a way with the stark reactor giving him back the power.

I don't think the shot of him absorbing electricity from the power lines behind black suited inside out spider-man is gonna be the same look he has by the end. Thats what i think electros arc is gonna be in this film. He gets it taken away and he wants it back.

Electro: "You won't take this away from me"

Foxx always seems really excited to be part of this series even in interviews for ASM2 2. Happy for him that he gets another chance

I have theory.

What if Electro after he was blown up in TASM2 was transported to MCU as pure energy, he found his variant and used his electrical/nervous system to posses him and that's why he and his powers look different?

I have a feeling they’re gonna have his personality be completely different though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"