Football (Soccer)

Wow, the last couple of weeks have been a huge downer for Liverpool fans who wanted to see Klopp go out in glory. I’ll have to try and find a clip. 2 club legends fighting is terrible.
Its all over social media so shouldnt be hard to find, not a full blown fight but a heated argument for sure and if the others hadnt ushered Salah away it could have gotten uglier though.

Not the end to the season many would have predicted for Liverpool and Klopp anyway.

Bad start for us against Sheff Utd allowing them a bunch of chances and then going 1-0 up. Since then Isak and Bruno score to give us the lead.

Penalty, and Isak scores again! 3-1.

4-1!! Own goal.

Wilson and Barnes. combine for a 5th!!

Meanwhile `Antony gets his first goal of the season (!) as Utd take a late lead against Burnley.

More craziness from Onana gives away a penalty which Burnley convert. 1-1 with few mins left.

Final scores were Newcastle winning 5-1 and Utd drawing 1-1. Europa league for Newcastle still
possible then.

Everton beat Brentford.

Villa beating Chelsea 2-0. Spurs can still
catch them but on form Villa are going to be deserving CL place finishers, while Chelsea have remained super-inconsistent to the end.

Wilson and Barnes. combine for a 5th!!

Meanwhile `Antony gets his first goal of the season (!) as Utd take a late lead against Burnley.
good result for you guys, i feel like Newcastle could have produced greater results this season (in the EPL and in the Champion's League) if wasn't bogged down by injuries

Its all over social media so shouldnt be hard to find, not a full blown fight but a heated argument for sure and if the others hadnt ushered Salah away it could have gotten uglier though.

Not the end to the season many would have predicted for Liverpool and Klopp anyway.
Just seen it (below in case anyone else interested). A shame for it to end like this between 2 legends and hopefully they can sort things out before the end of the season.

good result for you guys, i feel like Newcastle could have produced greater results this season (in the EPL and in the Champion's League) if wasn't bogged down by injuries
Our injuries were crazy this year. Hopefully we can get back to our best next season if we can hold on to the likes of Bruno and Isak. We were doing ok even during the time when the CL was going on with a group with no easier rest games, plus hard domestic cup draws. If we can finish in any of the Euro places this season it will be a relative success given all that, and hopefully can build again next season for a more consistent push. That level of injuries is very unlikely to happen again.

Just realised, despite Sheff Utd actually playing very well against us before our goals started rolling in (they could have been 2 or 3 up), we’ve scored 13 goals against them over the 2 league games. I doubt there can be many worse head to head records than that for number of goals conceded.

Another abject dispaly and result for us against Burnely at home 1-1. Its getting to the point where there is nothing to left to say about this team, the result hardly makes much difference now as its hard to see us finishing anything other than 6th or lower now anyway but ETH cant get a tune out of this squad and he is already making excuses about refs and such every game and writing off next season as being top4 the best we can achieve, with the amount he is spent I think he is only extremely thin ice with the new owners and kind of surprised he is still here at the moment, he is now 3 years into the job, a change in the summer would not be a shock, especially if he is planning on persisting with a lot of the players he signed who are clearly not at the level required. Onana made another error in judgement yesterday which cost us the points and he is not the only one who isnt up to standard.

I guess a freak result in the cup final might help him but even then its the performances and just how fragile this squad still is there isnt much to be optimistic about him in charge again for another season or more at the moment with his attitude. Perhaps its the lack of an alternative that is keeping him in the post at the moment.

If we go through the squad, who would you guys want to keep? I feel like at this point that's not a big number of names but we can't exactly sell 15 players either can we?

GK: Whether you like him or not I'd say Onana stays at least 1 more year as our first choice because we spent 60m and we're strapped for cash. Not much more to say on that position I think.

Def: You'd keep Martinez because he's our best CB but the injuries these season are seriously worrying. After him you would keep Maguire because despite all his flaws (and salary) Varane looks set for an exit, Lindelöf is one we should already have off loaded and Evans have done a solid job for a 50 year old but staying long term for another year feels like a stretch. So while we might think Maguire should go as well, it's impossible to imagine us dropping 4 CBs in one window and replacing them. I like Shaw when he plays but he's starting to feel more and more like our Reece James. The player most fans like to watch but just isn't available nearly enough. His cover in Malacia has missed the whole season and who knows where he will be when he returns? Dalot and AWB feels like 2 RBs you could merge to maybe get 1 great RB, but they both have different individual flaws. You could sell both or keep both and I feel like fans probably wouldn't have strong opinions either way.

Mid: Mainoo and Bruno are the two obvious ones to keep. Mainoo could be the talisman we build a midfield around for 15 years and Bruno just never misses a game and has that KDB/Odegaard eye for a pass. Beyond those two I think we're looking at a major overhaul though. Casemiro has not looked good or interested this whole season and feels like a man who is already in Saudi mentally. Eriksen is kinda in the late years Mata stage where you like him as a person but the legs just aren't there anymore, and you would probably expect him to go. Then you have Mount who has missed almost the entire season. He's probably staying because we just bought him but would anyone be upset if he left? Feels like a big mistake in hindsight. Amrabat has been a disaster of a loan and unfortunately never looked close to being a starter for us, but since its a loan we already know he's going back. Mctominay is one of the most controversial players for us and he rarely seems to work in midfield, however I would expect us to keep him based on the fact that we have 3 other CMs likely to leave.

Att: Garnacho and Hojlund would be the two obvious to keep. Garnacho has a ton of talent and potential, Hojlund just got here and is really our only pure striker. Beyond those two its hard to make a case for anyone. Antony is one of our most disliked signings and most fans would welcome him going. Rashford has used up his good will by now and clips like the one against Luton where Barkley just jogs past Rashford who doesn't make an effort to win the ball back just feel like the final nail in the coffin. We can't have a star player who doesn't even do the minimum. You would expect us to cash in on Pellistri and Sancho being loaned out, neither of them have shown much here sadly. Even with a different manager I would not want to see Sancho play for us given how he acted. Then you get Amad who has looked decent at times but it's one of those "will he ever look good enough to start for us?" situations. Martial has been available so little to us that I almost forgot about him completely. He's been here since LVG and if anyone needed to have gone by now its him. No matter if you like him or dislike him as a player he's just not available enough because of injuries.

But I know as well as you guys that we can't just sell 12 players in a window and go full Chelsea mode on the transfer market. But it is scary how much work needs to be done considering how much money we have spent in the last few years. We need the new staff to hit the ground running finding us really good signings for low fees that will transform this team. We need to go full moneyball to have a chance.

Wow Arsenal 3-0 up at Spurs before HT! Crazy first half and potentially looking like a massive 3 points for Arsenal at the moment. :wow:

Wow Arsenal 3-0 up at Spurs before HT! Crazy first half and potentially looking like a massive 3 points for Arsenal at the moment. :wow:
This is a weird one.

From possibly going 0-1 down to going 3-0 up. Feels like a "breaks of the game" type of game for the Gunners

Our injuries were crazy this year. Hopefully we can get back to our best next season if we can hold on to the likes of Bruno and Isak. We were doing ok even during the time when the CL was going on with a group with no easier rest games, plus hard domestic cup draws. If we can finish in any of the Euro places this season it will be a relative success given all that, and hopefully can build again next season for a more consistent push. That level of injuries is very unlikely to happen again.
Yeah, you need more rotational depth as you appear to be mainstays for European football.

Those 3-game weeks did not do you any favors in terms of player fitness

Massive result there with Arsenal getting one of their tough games out of the way and holding on for all 3 points. Need to push City to the last game and things can happen on the last day as we’ve seen before. Not expecting Forest to be able to do much but you never know, maybe someone will get sent off or something. :D

Massive result there with Arsenal getting one of their tough games out of the way and holding on for all 3 points. Need to push City to the last game and things can happen on the last day as we’ve seen before. Not expecting Forest to be able to do much but you never know, maybe someone will get sent off or something. :D
That was unnecessarily close at the end but a win is a win

Tight in the end but Arsenal get all 3 vital points, at least asks the question of City at Forrest. Over to them....

And boom City score. All things considered this will probably go down to the wire!!

Hope they can make something happen. Need the title race to go to the last game, and hopefully Arsenal win lol.

Got to say Forest are playing pretty well and certainly going for it. If they keep this up one will go in.

Haaland comes on and scores soon after for 2-0. The kind of area he seems to be strong at converting from. Hard now to see any other result despite Forest putting in a ton of effort.

City get the job done without too many issues then. Rolls on another week at least but these results pretty much kill off Liverpool for certain. Hard to see where City drop any points though that Arsenal need, they just dont seem to get nervy or feel any pressure in these situations in the league, been there and done it too many times for them to worry. Arsenal need a favour from someone though, unlikely to be Spurs. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"