Jesse Eisenberg Taking Now You See Me?

Finally saw it last night. A highly entertaining 7/10.

What brings it down is the final reveal and the 'debunking' of the quartet's illusions. I can see how it works out, but there are just aspects of it I don't buy. But Eisenberg, Fisher, Franco, and Harrelson just elevate the material and make it so enjoyable.

Mark Ruffalo could do with a razor and a haircut, though.

I liked the debunking element. I would have been really turned off if they had implied that they were actually magic.

I was fine with that debunking element. I found it hard to swallow how the group always stayed several steps ahead of the authorities... especially in the climax.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to this.

They were always steps ahead of the authorities because the ringleader was the head authority. Remember?

I thought it was enjoyable. Mainly because of the cast. It fell apart towards the end for me though. I can suspend disbelief , but not when the film hinges on a plan that could fall apart so easy.

They were always steps ahead of the authorities because the ringleader was the head authority. Remember?

I like how they knew Franco would
manage to beat up several cops and steal a police car. Then lead them to a bridge at the exact same time the other magicians had acquired a bus and a decoy vehicle

I loved the hell outta this movie...so much fun

Just watched this. The more I think about it the more I realise how over the top the whole film is for what its actually about :D

The ending had me floored though. Honestly did not expect it. First time in a long time where something happened in a film I did not expect whatsoever.

I hated this movie with a passion.
It was an insult to my intelligence.
I saw the twist coming a mile away.
It was over the top, implausible, and poorly written.
The only thing - the only thing - that saved this film for me was Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman.
Beyond that, this was the worst film of 2013 for me - by far.

in the middle of all these blockbuster this film has made over a 100mill domestic sleeper hit of the summer

Me and my Dad saw it today and really enjoyed it, just a clever and imaginative slice of escapism with a fun cast of characters. The concept was used well and created an entertaining ride.

8/10

Now You See Me Arrives on DVD and Blu-ray September 3

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• Extended Director’s Cut Featuring 16 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Footage
• Audio Commentary with Producer Bobby Cohen and Director Louis Leterrier (Theatrical Cut Only)
• “Now You See Me Revealed” featurette
• “A Brief History of Magic” featurette
• Deleted Scenes

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
• Audio Commentary with Producer Bobby Cohen and Director Louis Leterrier
• “A Brief History of Magic” featurette

Hmmmm that Director cut does entice me a little but I dunno all through the film I was waiting for the inevitable reveal and when it happened at the time I was floored but then I realised that it kinda makes the last 90 minutes fall apart.

Think I'll wait till it becomes £5 in the bargain bin on Amazon before buying it.

I'm not surprised that they are making a sequel, this was a big hit on a medium budget. I can see the Eye taking on a new villain quite easily, looking forward to it.

Just saw this movie. Tons of fun and very intriguing

I disliked this film but it intrigued me because we follow basically a bunch of pricks and the main character is a sociopath right ?

He imprisons Freeman for doing absolutely nothing wrong. He blames the safe guys when these thing aren't made for crazy underwater stunts and finally , no insurance company will cover crazy life threatening acts. And he gets Melanie Laurent by the end !!! (a complete contrived couple , but her smile almost saves this entire trainwreck :woot: ). He also puts dozens of lifes in jeopardy (mostly his own colleagues). Wow.

It's quite a deviation from the usual characters we see in films.

I finally saw this film the other day. It was enjoyable from start to finish. I kept wondering who the double agent was, but never ever saw who it actually was coming from a mile away. With that said, this plot suffers from plot conveniences. When you really think about it, it starts to piss you off. It's Skyfall all over again.

I disliked this film but it intrigued me because we follow basically a bunch of pricks and the main character is a sociopath right ?

He imprisons Freeman for doing absolutely nothing wrong. He blames the safe guys when these thing aren't made for crazy underwater stunts and finally , no insurance company will cover crazy life threatening acts. And he gets Melanie Laurent by the end !!! (a complete contrived couple , but her smile almost saves this entire trainwreck :woot: ). He also puts dozens of lifes in jeopardy (mostly his own colleagues). Wow.

It's quite a deviation from the usual characters we see in films.

That is so true. I didn't like how Morgan Freeman gets to rot in jail just because he was an assh***. It reminds me of Mr. Earle in Batman Begins. Supposedly in the novelization, it goes into detail about how he was corrupt. But in the film, he loses his job just because he was an assh*** to Lucius Fox.

I thought Lucius & Alfred was connected to that guys dad & screwed his dad over & thats why he went after them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"