• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jessica Biel to join Thor cast?

zeptron

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.nukethefridge.com/index....n-talks-to-join-thor&cati d=10:news&Itemid=39
Exclusive: Jessica Biel In Talks To Join 'Thor' Written by Jason Nicholl Wednesday, 01 July 2009 04:13
Our sources, from deep within, have once again exclusively told NukeTheFridge.com a nice little tidbit involving the casting of an upcoming Marvel movie. According to our source, Jessica Biel is in talks about joining the cast of "Thor."
Reportedly if cast, Biel will play the love interest of "Thor." The most probable love interest for "Thor" would more than likely be "Jane Foster," a nurse and girlfriend of "Thor" alter ego Donald Blake. But the problem is that our source was not sure of the character's name, but seemed to believe it was the same female character from the animated "Hulk vs Thor." If that is the case, since "Jane Foster" was not in the animated movie, Biel is more than likely playing either "Amora, The Enchantress" or "Sif." Those characters did appear in "Hulk vs Thor." "The Enchantress" is a powerful sorceress who seeks to make Thor fall in love with her. When Thor rejects her for "Sif," an Asgardian warrior whom Thor falls in love with, "The Enchantress" helps Loki in his plot against Thor.
Considering that all rumors say that the first "Thor" movie, directed by Kenneth Branagh, is dealing with the title character's time in Asgard and will not feature Donald Blake at all, or not until the very climax of the film, it is more likely that Biel would be either "Sif" or "The Enchantress." Personally, I think she would make a great Enchantress. What do you think?
Stay tuned for more confirmation on the possible casting of Jessica Biel, and exactly what character she will play in "Thor."

What the f***? Tiny, petit Natalie Portman's being considered for Sif and tall, voluptuous Jessica Biel is being considered for Jane Foster? What kind of mad, backwards reality are we living in?! :huh:

Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing Biel in the movie. I don't think she's a terrible actress or anything, and she'd certainly bring some star power (and eye candy ;)) to the film.

What the f***? Tiny, petit Natalie Portman's being considered for Sif and tall, voluptuous Jessica Biel is being considered for Jane Foster? What kind of mad, backwards reality are we living in?! :huh:
The source in the article said it'd be the same love interest from Hulk VS, which would be Sif.

We'll see. I'm not Biel's biggest fan, but she is hot ;)

She will be one HOTT Sif :o

Not my ideal choice but... ehh I could live with it.. and she's gonna be sif not foster.

I'm pretty sure she would be Sif. She could work, and bring some star power (and hotness!) to the movie as well. But there are at least 5 or 6 actresses I would prefer for the role.

Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing Biel in the movie. I don't think she's a terrible actress or anything, and she'd certainly bring some star power (and eye candy ;)) to the film.
I thought Natalie Portman was considered for Jane Foster? That's what IMDB said anyway, which is about as reliable as Wikipedia which is about as reliable as Tom Rothman.

The source in the article said it'd be the same love interest from Hulk VS, which would be Sif.

We'll see. I'm not Biel's biggest fan, but she is hot ;)
Sif and Amora were both treated as love interests in Hulk vs. Hell, Amora's the one whose kiss "resurrects" Thor or whatever.

I'd be very happy with Biel as Sif. Not my ideal choice, but I like it. As stated by pretty much all of you, she'd bring some needed star power. I also think she'd look great opposite Hemsworth.

Save Amora for the sequel.

How would you guys feel if we get Biel as Sif and Portman as Foster?

That would be great, but I doubt Portman would be cast for such a small role. Rumors are that Blake won't even be in the film anymore, so what kind of role would Jane Foster have?

Sif and Amora were both treated as love interests in Hulk vs. Hell, Amora's the one whose kiss "resurrects" Thor or whatever.
True, it's been a while since I saw it. But I still think Biel would be Sif instead of Enchantress. If she is in talks at all

Well I have an easier time believing Biel could be a warrior goddess than Portman.

That would be great, but I doubt Portman would be cast for such a small role. Rumors are that Blake won't even be in the film anymore, so what kind of role would Jane Foster have?

Maybe a cameo at the end with Blake? She probably wouldn't do that unless the promised her screen time in Avengers, though.

Shes most likely sif,which is freakin AWESOME!!!!
shes hot too
NOOOOO DONALD BLAKE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sienna Miller IMO, Blake Lively would also be pretty good.

She does have the body for it. Sif and Thor are basically the perfect specimens regarding physicality.

No! Never! She was cute 7 years ago but never went on to become a good female actor. She is on the same acting level as Megan Fox, which means level zero.

There are better choices, but I wouldn't mind her as Sif. And she is well trained so I wouldn't have trouble seeing her as a female Asgardian Warrior.

Me neither - I really dont have a problem with Biel as Sif.

Oh good. Let's sign her up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"