• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jim Lee and Dan Didio named Co-Publishers of DC!

I mean, I don't know else to put it, so here we go.

IN MY OPINION, GEOFF JOHNS IS NOT QUALIFIED TO RUN A COMPANY CREATIVELY. MY OPINION.

I hope that clears it up for you. The fact that people like his comics and he sells a crap load of comics is not enough to say someone is qualified to oversee the whole creative process of a comic book company. IN MY OPINION.
Okay then I am utterly baffled on how you came to that opinion when everything else points to the opposite.

By your "standards" Mark Millar should be the next EIC at Marvel.
No because Mark Millar is utterly unprofessional with his conduct and the only thing that he's been involved with comics in a non-comic medium is his creator owned Kick-Ass, not any Marvel properties.

You see, this is like when the Beatles were leaving to go to America for the first time. They've done some good things yes, and they had a great deal of potential in front of them, but there was no guarantee they would succeed. I'm sure there will be wonderful stories that stem from this and there will be absolute crap beyond out wildest imaginations. This is the company that has put out both Countdown and Morrison's Batman in the span of a year. There will be bumps in the road, sure, but there will also be greater overall exposure to the characters we care so much about. Honestly, just keep an eye out. If a comic looks bad, skip it. There will be good material from this, and hopefully not solely confined to the comic book medium.

Did Batman:tB&tB's delay have anything to do with this ya'think?

I mean, I don't know else to put it, so here we go.

IN MY OPINION, GEOFF JOHNS IS NOT QUALIFIED TO RUN A COMPANY CREATIVELY. MY OPINION.

I hope that clears it up for you. The fact that people like his comics and he sells a crap load of comics is not enough to say someone is qualified to oversee the whole creative process of a comic book company. IN MY OPINION.

By your "standards" Mark Millar should be the next EIC at Marvel.
Technically, given his experience, I'd say it's rather inarguable that Johns is technically qualified to run a medium creatively.

Your opinion is that he can't do it successfully.

Which is 'ool. :o

Technically, given his experience, I'd say it's rather inarguable that Johns is technically qualified to run a medium creatively.

Your opinion is that he can't do it successfully.

Which is 'ool. :o

Wouldn't running something unsuccessfully mean they were unqualified. So, isn't that basically saying the same thing as being unqualified :huh:

omigod guys this is the most interesting debate ever holy ****

Wouldn't running something unsuccessfully mean they were unqualified. So, isn't that basically saying the same thing as being unqualified :huh:
Not at all. If someone works in a industry for an extended period of time, is successful at it and you have a diverse knowledge and training, then you would be very qualified for a high ranking position. That's not subjective, that's an objective fact.

But that does not guarantee success. Especially when it comes to creative success. The creative medium being a subjective, and not objective thing. Those are two entirely different things.

Actually, I was wrong about all of this, I mean, it's great that Geoff Johns can mold the DCU into his image and I'm sure it will be greaNGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

heart.jpg

If you think I'm trying to change your opinion, you couldn't be more incorrect.

I know you're not but HH is. Wherever someone bad mouth's DC, Hippie Hunter to the rescue! HERE HE COMES TO WRECK THE DAY!

Not at all. If someone works in a industry for an extended period of time, is successful at it and you have a diverse knowledge and training, then you would be very qualified for a high ranking position. That's not subjective, that's an objective fact.

But that does not guarantee success. Especially when it comes to creative success. The creative medium being a subjective, and not objective thing. Those are two entirely different things.

That's true. I guess I was equating ability to succeed with technical, on paper qualifications

That's always good in principle, but rarely true in practice.

Just look at about 80% of our elected officials. :o :o

Millar should be just in charge with the Ultimate Universe with Bendis, thats it. :) Also a note from Jim Lee:
I wanted to follow yesterday’s Co-Publisher’s Blog with a more personal update of my own creative work. For fans of my art–fear not, drawing comic books is actually a part of my new job description, and I actually plan on increasing the frequency of which you will be seeing my work. It’s important to me not only on a personal level that I continue with a hand in the actual creation of new comics but also for a broader mission.
- Jim Lee

Thank god. <3 All-Star Batman and Robin vol.2 here we go! :)

I approve.

Also, Jim Lee is full of ****. Drawing is no way part of your job.

They could've included a clause in his new contract to produce at least two covers per year or something like that. His art is basically going to be the "official look" of the DC universe to a lot of non-comic-readers when DC Universe Online releases. I wouldn't expect him to do many full issues, though, if any at all.

I think he's referring to Diane Nelson telling him its part of his job.

But yeah, you probably know better.

Frankly, if he's doing to the job, do the job. All your focus on your job. I don't need him being lost somewhere crosshatching the **** out of a Batman pic when he should be making sure that everything is running smooth. Because I know Didio won't be.

That would be absolutely, utterly fantastic.

(Because I don't read Ultimate comics.)

Don't forget i didn't mean he shouldn't write anything for mainstream. ;) Old Man Logan sequel will come out sooner or later hehe. :awesome:

Don't forget i didn't mean he shouldn't write anything for mainstream. ;) Old Man Logan sequel will come out sooner or later hehe. :awesome:

Oh God I hope not! Plus what would you do? That paired with prolly the WORST ending for a comic ever, yeah Millar can suck my hairy balls. I waited like 4 extra months for that ****** ass ending.

I thought the ending was abit lackluster aswell, but the overall story when you read it in 1 thru was awesome for me, and hey we need Old Man Logan 2: Logan goes Hawaii done! Perfect title!

I know you're not but HH is. Wherever someone bad mouth's DC, Hippie Hunter to the rescue! HERE HE COMES TO WRECK THE DAY!

I'm not trying to change your opinion on Johns' writing. Everyone has their own tastes.

But it's like what CConn says, it's fact that the man is qualified for the job he has been given.

I'm not trying to change your opinion on Johns' writing. Everyone has their own tastes.

But it's like what CConn says, it's fact that the man is qualified for the job he has been given.

The same way the *****ebag at your job is qualified for that promotion even though you were just as qualified and everyone hates him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"