• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jim Lee and Dan Didio named Co-Publishers of DC!

The same way the *****ebag at your job is qualified for that promotion even though you were just as qualified and everyone hates him.
I'm pretty sure I'm that *****ebag. :confused:

Either way, the qualification argument is finished. Don't pervert it. :o

I'm pretty sure I'm that *****ebag. :confused:

Either way, the qualification argument is finished. Don't pervert it. :o

Hey, it's HH that can't stop. We had moved on to fart jokes or whatever.

Why do I suddenly feel like a first grader?

Because the Hype is like elementary school. If you can't win an argument you have two choices: Keep repeating the same thing over and over again or just insult them and probably get a lego thrown at your face.

But instead I choose to meld that childish ignorance with the most mature pretentiousness possible.

Because the Hype is like elementary school. If you can't win an argument you have two choices: Keep repeating the same thing over and over again or just insult them and probably get a lego thrown at your face.

Better than a K'nex to the eye.

Millar should be just in charge with the Ultimate Universe with Bendis, thats it. :) Also a note from Jim Lee:

Thank god. <3 All-Star Batman and Robin vol.2 here we go! :)

LOL :hehe:

All I'm asking is for you to just simply back up your opinion beyond just simply not liking his comics :awesome:

His opinion is he doesn't think johns is a good writer...

Fact arent really required given its a subjective statement.

No, I think Johns is a good writer. His first Flash run, JSA and going back to his Avengers run are excellent. I don't believe or buy into the direction he thinks the DCU should go, thus, I don't enjoy his work anymore because I don't feel like reading about Hal Jordan being the best EVAR!!11 or Superman and 1,000 Kryptonians or whatever other Silver Age stuff he's trying to bring back or has already.

Wait, I thought you read Marvel, and yet you say you don't read Ultimate nor Wolverine. Wait, Deadpool. You must read Deadpool.
I read mainly fringe titles from both companies. I never wanted to be that guy who hates all the mainstream stuff, but most of Marvel and DC's mainstream stuff kind of sucks at this point. I'll resign myself to my fate of eventually harping on and on about how indies are the future and Marvel and DC are crap altogether; in essence, I will one day become Robert Kirkman. :o

Robert Kirkman is a pretentious *****ebag. You're way too nice.

Well, it'll be an incremental evolution. I still read some mainstream titles at this point. ;)

No, I think Johns is a good writer. His first Flash run, JSA and going back to his Avengers run are excellent. I don't believe or buy into the direction he thinks the DCU should go, thus, I don't enjoy his work anymore because I don't feel like reading about Hal Jordan being the best EVAR!!11 or Superman and 1,000 Kryptonians or whatever other Silver Age stuff he's trying to bring back or has already.

Now I can completely understand not liking the directions that he is taking. I think we can both agree that whether you like it or not, it's a matter of opinion.

But I still fail to see how it doesn't make him qualified in exploiting DC's characters outside of comics. The job that Gregory Noveck completely failed to do and now given to Geoff Johns (and now Noveck answers to Johns).

The direction of something and exploring new mediums are two completely different things.

I read mainly fringe titles from both companies. I never wanted to be that guy who hates all the mainstream stuff, but most of Marvel and DC's mainstream stuff kind of sucks at this point. I'll resign myself to my fate of eventually harping on and on about how indies are the future and Marvel and DC are crap altogether; in essence, I will one day become Robert Kirkman. :o

What's wrong with Marvel's mainstream work? DC has a few stinkers right now with what's happening to the Titans and something needs to be done with Superman to get more people on board; but I find most of Marvel's stuff to be flat out awesome.

The Avengers aren't the Avengers and won't be until Bendis stops writing them. I'm gonna give the Heroic Age Avengers a chance, but Bendis has managed to drive me away every single time I've tried his Avengers so far, so I'm not holding out much hope.

The Hulk franchise. Do I really need to elaborate?

Deadpool bores me unless Joe Kelly's writing him, yet he's everywhere now.

I'm not as crazy about Fraction's Invincible Iron Man as everyone else seems to be. It's decent, but the Knaufs' series was vastly superior and reading IIM just makes me miss Director of SHIELD.

I can't even stress enough how much I hate what's happened to the X-Men. X-Factor is the only X-comic I read. (SWORD too, but I don't really count that as an X-comic.)

Hell, JMS' post-600 issues of Thor were so bland and the title's schedule so mismanaged that I--I!--actually considered dropping the series until Gillen's run started.

I do read more mainstream Marvel titles than mainstream DC titles, though.

Time to start reading some Ultimate comics Corp!

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the Knaufs' Ironman was way better than Fraction's. I mean i like fraction's run so far but the Knaufs were kicking SO MUCH ASS on that book before him. Oh well. They're the reason i read ironman on a consistent basis now.

But yeah, mainstream marvel is starting to bore me too. X-men is a mess, spiderman is a mess, the hulk books have been horrible ever since Planet Hulk, the only books i really read are Thor, Ironman, Cap and Daredevil. Those books are usually pretty consistent with quality.

I'm probably gonna quit Invincible after the "Stark: Disassembled" arc. I really only picked it up for Don Blake/Thor, but he turned out to play an extremely minor role, even though Stark's still sitting in his goddamn hometown. You got me, Fraction! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"