Homecoming JK Simmons as Jameson again?

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
A week or so ago I heard or read a story that JK Simmons answered cryptically when asked if he would play Jameson again.

I wonder if he may have been approached to play him in the Marvelverse Spidey?

If they bring him back the audience will be confused and think it happens within the same universe as Spider-man 1 and 2.

Love him.
But I think they should move on.

Wouldnt be mad if he gets it, but cast someone else. Don't know who though. My top choice was Dennis Farina (RIP)

100%, yes. Bring him back if he's willing, and he sure seems like he is. He can be like Judi Dench in the Craig Bond pictures.

I hope not. I've loved JK Simmons since Oz, but give someone else a shot. I think Chris Meloni could nail it. And it's not like he's in the DCCU anymore haha.

If they bring him back the audience will be confused and think it happens within the same universe as Spider-man 1 and 2.

Why would they be confused? Because he appeared in the Raimi Spider-Man films? Bond carried over a number of characters and no one blinked. Heck even Batman Forever kept a few of the previous actors from the first two Batman films in the soft reboot w/out Keaton & Burton. And no one said a word about the carryovers (just the plot/writing)

He's definitely involved.

Actual quote from when he was asked about it recently - "Actually, I just heard that we - I mean, it's a possibility."

I can see Marvel making this very one exception. Everyone else will be new but bringing back JK Simmons seems something they'd do.

I would love to see him back

JK Simmons IS J Jonah Jameson. There's literally nobody who'd do it as well as he did it.

if they do bring him back give him a bit more to do. Don't just have him a comic relief.

I like in comics and in Spectacular Spider-Man when they delve a bit deeper into the story. Like when he wanted to be the one to tell Peter that Aunt May had a heart attack in SSM.

YES, YES, YES bring JK Simmons back as J Jonah Jameson. Who cares if it doesn't make sense post-reboot? The way I see it they can do it like Judi Dench staying on as M when Daniel Craig took over as Bond for the reboot.

I really dont think if they bring hiim back that the audience will be confused.

And even if they are...I mean f*** it. Most people are confused why X-Men dont show up in the Avengers. But they still enjoy those movies.

Even if audiences got confused, that's not going to stop them from seeing the movie. I don't really think it matters.

I think 10 years and 2 not as much successful Spider-man movies without him are more than enough to prevent confusion from the 2 incarnations of Jameson being played by the same guy. At 60 years old J. K. Simmons is still at the perfect age to play the guy, if he would like to play the role again and Marvel is open to have him for it I don't see why the hell not.

Incidentally, Civil War might actually give this incarnation of Jameson a legitimate reason to hate the idea of superheroes and Spider-Man especially, instead of the lunatic he has often seemed to be.

I would want to see this only because J.K. Simmons is such an incredible actor, and I would love to see a scene between RDJ, and J.K. Simmons, it would be freaking awesome.

I really fell in love with the idea of Odenkirk.

Far be it for me to complain if they did get Simmons back, but it's not exactly necessary as far as I'm concerned.

I can see Marvel making this very one exception. Everyone else will be new but bringing back JK Simmons seems something they'd do.

It's pretty close, since JK Simmons is weeks away from an Oscar, it is something Marvel/Sony has to consider, as an opportunity.

Yes! YES!!! bring him back! If people accept Judi Dench being M in both the Brosnan Bond era and the Craid Bond reboot they will accept Simmons in the Raimi movies and the proper Marvel movies

I'd love to have him back. Bottom line is us nerds wouldn't be confused. Who cares if the general audience is confused? Let them figure it out for themselves haha.

As long as Tobey isn't Spider-Man, I don't think anyone should be confused if Simmons is Jameson again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"