Joel Schumacher to rewrite his Batman movies as a 12 issue mini for DC

luis4u

Superhero
Reaction score
Though there are some attempts at rehabilitation. But it’s noteworthy that Joel Schumacher has been talking about the films again.

Originally there was meant to be a third film, Batman Triumphant, which Joel Schumacher was signed on to direct, but it was cancelled after the poor reaction to Batman And Robin.

And that was that. Until next year.

Because Bleeding Cool has been told that Joel Schumacher is writing a twelve issue Batman comic, currently being drawn by Dustin Nguyen, which will revisit his intentions for the three films, of which two were made. Rewritten from scratch and telling one story, this will contain his original vision for the movies.

Expect an announcement when more of the scripts are in…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10...mphant-in-year-long-comic-with-dustin-nguyen/

I'm all for it if it's true. Hopefully it'll lead to a Director's cut of Batman Forever.

Should be interesting.

It takes him nearly 20 yrs for him to figure out what his original intentions were for the Batman films he directed. Well whatever it maybe has gotten me interested

That's cool, maybe DC can get Tim Burton to do the same for his sequel to Returns.

I'm glad Joel is doing this. His director's cu of Batman Forever would be awesome, since the deleted scenes are so great for the most part. I've always wanted to see how batman triumphant would work. I sincerely hope Dustin is really on art duties too.

And yes to Burton doing the same with his third batman movie. I wanna see Billy Dee two-face.

Burton doing the same as well? that's awesome! It would be great to Bill Dee Williams Two-Face.

Excuse me, I meant burton doing the same would be awesome. I don't think he's really doing it.

how about we get in comic book form what could have been the 3rd Keaton/Burton Batman movie instead?

exactly. As much as I would be excited for a comic about batman 3, I'm super excited for this schumacher project. I'm sure it can be really great.

Yeah, the existence of this really makes me pine for some incarnation of Burton's Batman 3. Be it comic or DC animated movie. Who knows, with the revival of the 60s continuity and now the Schumacher continuity, maybe the demand will be there.

I'm actually really glad to see so many people on board with this idea.

Yeah, the existence of this really makes me pine for some incarnation of Burton's Batman 3. Be it comic or DC animated movie. Who knows, with the revival of the 60s continuity and now the Schumacher continuity, maybe the demand will be there.

Exactly my thoughts. Burton's Batman III, Chris Reeve's Superman V, Singer's Superman II, Raimi's Spider-Man 4. All things fans will always have curiosity about and that I'd love to see. Mark Millar once expressed interest in turning his failed Superman Trilogy pitch into a series of graphic novels. That would be the big one, for me.

Dustin Nguyen also denied knowing anything about it as well.

Mark Millar once expressed interest in turning his failed Superman Trilogy pitch into a series of graphic novels. That would be the big one, for me.

That I would like to see. Despite all the crap he has written in the last decade I'd be all over this because unlike a lot of his peers Mark Millar actually knows how to write Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"