Jon Watts' Star Wars: Skeleton Crew

Just found this article from a few weeks ago.

Jude Law Hints At Star Wars Character Cameos In Skeleton Crew

Law told Variety that he was a big fan of the franchise growing up and feels like a child on set. Law even revealed he was awestruck by certain characters but did not reveal which ones, possibly hinting at some cameo appearances by Star Wars fan favorites. Read Law's quote below:

“It was such an important part of growing up, the impact of that film and that world. The way it penetrated and exploded my imagination. There are one or two more times every day where I’m walking on set and it hits me like a child. I get awestruck by certain characters that are around me, that I can’t say.”

Only just heard about this. Sounds like an interesting premise.

Fj7I3lQWAAMpRh6.jpg

Sticking with this theory until proven wrong. Rogue-ish, eccentric teacher and explorer from a rich family interested in hyperspace? Fits well with what little we know about the show and character. Looking at older pictures from Max von Sydow lines up quite well with Jude Law. Plus, Lor San Teka is friends with Luke and said he once rescued some kids in Shadow of the Sith. Could even have another Luke cameo. It's almost too prefect.

Generally really like what little we've seen from this show and curious to find out more. Even if both this theory likely won't turn out to be true. :D

Last edited:
that’s interesting. Did Lucasfilm trying to reach for the Daniels after their success wit EEAAO or early 2022 when it was only known by a small viewership ( I know there was a huge hype in April but it wasn’t mainstream back then)?

Okay, Between between the Daniels and now David Lowery, I am even more intrigued than I initially was with this series.
Jesus. This one wasn’t really on my radar, but managing to pull both the Daniels and David Lowery??

Alright…
I mean, he started out as an indie Director, so it makes sense that he would have those connections to get them for this series. If he was able to get these guys, makes you wonder who else he was he able to get.

Also, I once heard this series described as an Amblin Entertainment-style, coming-of-age style film. Considering who is attached so far, I wonder if that was meant quite literally and wasn’t just hyperbole.

Hope to get a glimpse this weekend.

So expect it to drop on 12/31/23…

Seems the leaks about the connection with Mandalorian were close, but not quite right.

It was originally reported that Gorian Shard was in this show. As per the trailer, yep, Vane's there. So, he flew straight to a different show. :D

So, saw what footage was leaked online. Looks very Amblin Entertainment-esque as hell, and I am here for it!

Between the directors, the leaked teaser and other stuff, I’m way more excited for this than I was originally!

I can definitely tell one of the directors was a big fan of Explorers. Group of kids going on a dangerous, mysterious, whimsical adventure in a spaceship.

Also, that visor that one of the kids flips onto their face definitely feels like it’s from the Daniels’-directed episode. Feels like the sort of high-low tech thing that would be in EEAAO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"