Judas and the Black Messiah

If Black British actors were doing a bad job at playing notable historical African Americans then there might be an issue but most of them are doing a solid job.

David Oyelowo was a good MLK in Selma
Chiwetel Ejiofor was good as Soloman Northup in 12 Years A slave
Cynthia Erivo was good as Harriet Tubman in Harriet
Babou Ceesay was good as Bill Riddick in The Best Of Enemies
Well, some people take issue with it regardless of how good or bad these actors may have been in their roles. It seems some of the dislike stems from comments some of these actors may have supposedly said about Black Americans rather than “lost opportunities.”

I’m just curious if those who have complaints will be louder or lower given the circumstances of the current pandemic.

The only one I know who has made some problematic comments is Cynthia Erivo. Erivo has made some questionable comments about a number of things but she is a good actress/singer.

The only one I know who has made some problematic comments is Cynthia Erivo. Erivo has made some questionable comments about a number of things but she is a good actress/singer.
Right and for some it's simply their association with someone else who may or may not have said something problematic. But, things like that usually comes off as a justification after the fact to support their biases to me. I personally feel it's all rooted in White supremacy and its various effects/influences on how Black people view and compare themselves to other Black people in general.

It's about time they give this a release date.

Trailer might be the best trailer I ever watched. It looks amazing.

And it's so good to hear this will be a contender at the 2020 Oscars.

I hope this movie can be as half as good as these trailers are. Sheesh.

Movie looks great and ideal timing given the current situation.

Fantastic trailer! I think this is the film I'm most excited to see from the HBO Max releases.

This movie just keeps looking better and better. Can't wait.

What did Erivo say?

What did Erivo say?
'Black Twitter' tried to cancel her because she tweeted some comment about a Ghetto accent which they felt was mocking African Americans. There was the usual internet petitions, boycotts and threats made.

It all ties into a wider issue between first generation Africans and the more established African diaspora in western countries. Some African Americans feel some Africans look down on them so get real sensitive and defensive if Africans/first generation Africans make any comment about them or their culture.

'Black Twitter' tried to cancel her because she tweeted some comment about a Ghetto accent which they felt was mocking African Americans. There was the usual internet petitions, boycotts and threats made.

It all ties into a wider issue between first generation Africans and the more established African diaspora in western countries. Some African Americans feel some Africans look down on them so get real sensitive and defensive if Africans/first generation Africans make any comment about them or their culture.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Just realized this is a sort of interesting companion piece to The Trial of the Chicago 7 where Fred Hampton is also a character.

Ok, I'm definitely going to check this out after seeing those reviews.

Rotten tomatoes means nothing in the end (they've been wildly inconsistent for most things now), but the trailers have been good. Hoping for the best.

Daniel Kaluuya and LaKeith Stanfield absolutely slayed it in this. Jesse Plemons was pretty fantastic as well, but I expect nothing short of greatness from that guy anymore. Those three really do deserve some awards recognition IMO for their performances and I'd be very suprised if this movie doesn't clean up at the Oscars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"