• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember when people were still discussing plot possibilities for Jurassic World, and most posters seemed completely against the idea of some kind of Dino apocalypse, i even remember some suggesting that at most, some virus could hit the mainland, and some would have to return to the island in order to find something that is connected to the cure.

Furious franchise + Jurassic World = Box Office Gold.

I said this in the other thread the best move now is to put the dinosaurs very existence in danger by some virus threat sweeping the island. It would mean turning the series on its head somewhat whereby an expedition is sent to the island in order to find a cure to save the dinosaurs. That at the very least gives justification for returning to the island. The problem with the JP idea is there isn't much more that can be squeeze with the current format. The park is not going to reopen again after film 4, if it does it's becomes a parody of itself. Some other threat needs to come into the series.

so now what happens with the dinosaurs left on the island? do they all eat one another? (carnivores) How about the herbivores? They have more of a lasting chance, depending on if spawning is kept to a minimum. But if over-grazing is a problem, they will start trying to migrate.

I don't think you need to return to the island so suddenly, there's more you can actualy do with this format, Jurassic World pretty much set up the idea that dinossaurs will now be used by the military. You can have Pratt and his buddy help resolve some problem caused by that or even trying to end the company's plans.

I'd like there to be some backstory as to what happened after the events of JW. If the buildings were torn, etc. It does seem they want to go in the weaponised asset department in the sequels.

Did you not see Mad Max?

80's are far from done especially with kids properties, and with so many franchises that were released during that time that impacted 80s, 90s and 00 kids they will just keep being rebooted. We have Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, Terminator, My Little Pony, Big Trouble In Little China, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles etc all having more films. And it's only a matter of time before Goonies, Monster Squad, BTTF, Indiana Jones and Neverending Story get hit.
Mad Max originated in the 70's.

Terminator's hardly a kid franchise and I'm questioning its success and as for all those other stuff, they'll suck. Gen. X nostalgia is done and milked, time to move on.
I think returning to Crichton would be smarter. Crichton seems to suggest that co-existence (or extinction) will come into play because the dinosaurs will inevitably make it to the mainland and breed. I am not sure I want an apocalyptic film about dinosaurs taking over the planet, but a film dealing with that possibility and how the humans react to dinosaurs disrupting or dominating our modern ecosystems could open up some really interesting possibilities.
Yes returning to Crichton is the best way to go. I wonder though, how will they make it to the mainland? They can't all swim off the island?

Maybe after Jurassic World, the governments feel both Isla Nublar and Sorna should be bombed at long last but a group of animal rights activists/anarchists called "Hammond's crew" have been secretly rescuing Dinos which were then released?

I enjoyed the movie, but we really need to get away from milking the Jurassic Park franchise to death. We don't need Jurassic Park as our only source of dinosaur carnage. The solution is actually quite simple.

Give us a Cadillacs and Dinosuars film, or a FAITHFUL adaptation of Dinotopia.

I think it is time to get off the island. Honestly, the whole reason so many people I feel like over 20 rolled their eyes at the Jurassic World trailers was that it essentially is repeating the premise of the first movie "We're back on the island with a park and things go wrong."

It really is a testament to Trevorrow and company that the movie is playing great for all audiences. It may not be a masterpiece like the '93 film, but it is wildly fun.

But I do not think they can return to that well again. My only fear is that the dangling thread of the embryos and Henry Wu seems to suggest that the next Jurassic Park film will be about militarized dinosaurs or even (Lord forbid) human-dinosaur hybrids, just like what William Monahan and Spielberg weirdly chased in script treatments about 5-10 years ago.

To paraphrase Ian Malcolm that is a very bad idea in a history of bad ideas.

I think returning to Crichton would be smarter. Crichton seems to suggest that co-existence (or extinction) will come into play because the dinosaurs will inevitably make it to the mainland and breed. I am not sure I want an apocalyptic film about dinosaurs taking over the planet, but a film dealing with that possibility and how the humans react to dinosaurs disrupting or dominating our modern ecosystems could open up some really interesting possibilities.
I agree with all of this. And not that it matters, but if this was the start of a new "Jurassic World" franchise, then that story fits perfectly within that theme. As in, "Jurassic World" is the new world we'll all be living in.

If they HAVE to use that awful "militarize the dinos" idea, they could at least use it to get the dinos off the island(s) en masse.

Dinos used for military purposes just seems like the series would be jumping the Megalodon. I really hate that idea. As for Dinos leaving the island and impacting the eco system, given we as a species are good at killing off large creatures (sorry white rhino :() I don't necessarily think that's a situation that would get wildly out of control, unless it's just Raptors.

Last edited:
The Dino-Soldier idea is colossally stupid. I hope they don't go that route.

Dinos used for military purposes just seems like the series would be jumping the Megalodon. I really hate that idea.
Yup. The idea was fine for plot points in JW, but it's not something I'd want to actually see in action.

I don't think the military dinossaurs will be as over the top and ridiculous as many are thinking, because things will most likely go wrong before the militaries can do what they want with the project, it will most likely just lead to various dinos taking over the mainland.

I don't think the military dinossaurs will be as over the top and ridiculous as many are thinking, because things will most likely go wrong before the militaries can do what they want with the project, it will most likely just lead to various dinos taking over the mainland.

I agree. They'll be more like military dogs than soldiers. Then they'll break loose and destroy the ecosystem in the sixth movie.

I thought the hybrids and trained Rapters were going to be stupid as heck but both worked out very well in JW. Plus both were basically "military" dinos in the film anyway. So I think it could work.

Dinos used for military purposes just seems like the series would be jumping the Megalodon. I really hate that idea. As for Dinos leaving the island and impacting the eco system, given we as a species are good at killing off large creatures (sorry white rhino :() I don't necessarily think that's a situation that would get wildly out of control, unless it's just Raptors.
Is it even possible that in that world humanity killing off whole species is even an issue anymore? I mean unless they don't have the DNA then extinction is now a thing of the past in that world. They don't even have to splice DNA with other animals.
I thought the hybrids and trained Rapters were going to be stupid as heck but both worked out very well in JW. Plus both were basically "military" dinos in the film anyway. So I think it could work.
I could see the trained raptor thing working, but the Indominus Rex was a stretch at first for me.

I want to see a lot more different dinosaurs. Not hybrids per se, just unseen species. Also, there needs to be an adventure at sea. I don't care about Jaws comparisons. Just make it exciting. Mososaurs, Elasmosaurs, Plesiosaurs, Archelons, etc.

I guess [BLACKOUT]Dr. Wu[/BLACKOUT] is the only character guaranteed to be back for the sequel. The only other actors who I'd want to see back from Jurassic World are Chris Pratt and Omar Sy.

Agreed. These are the only ones I'd like to see comeback. Hunting loose dinosaurs down in a highly populated city on a mainland continent would be a great way to advance the story.

I'm also in the camp of not liking the whole military aspect. I know we're talking about a world where dinosaurs can be cloned & created, but this just doesn't seem like a viable outlet for the military.

Last edited:
I want to see a lot more different dinosaurs. Not hybrids per se, just unseen species. Also, there needs to be an adventure at sea. I don't care about Jaws comparisons. Just make it exciting. Mososaurs, Elasmosaurs, Plesiosaurs, Archelons, etc.

So many unexplored species they could do.:yay: That's what I wanted over the a hybrid of a T-Rex and Raptor at first.

Ehhh, if they can give her a less cliché/stereotypical character arc, then fine. Otherwise, no.

As for the military dinosaur's thing. Well the military uses dogs in a variety of capacities right now, and they've at least experimented with the idea of using dolphins (I don't know if anything's come of that). And in the past they've used pigeons as messengers. So given this history, the idea that they'd want to at least look into the idea of using much bigger/more dangerous animals isn't THAT hard to buy. I doesn't automatically mean that we'll get stupid crap like dinosaurs with rocket launchers strapped to their backs or anything.

Is there a story to tell out there with the Dino's that isn't containment gone wrong or an expedition gone wrong?

Is there a story to tell out there with the Dino's that isn't containment gone wrong or an expedition gone wrong?

I think the key is finding a fresh setting for the Dino carnage to take place in, not another Jungle. I don't think you are gonna see a story vastly removed from the previous movies in terms of structure and concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"