• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't bother me if they shelved this franchise. They won't, because $$$$$$$$ but creatively and story-wise, they've milked this cow dry.

I have no idea where they can go for a sequel. No idea

Best of luck whoever is doing the sequel but I think the concept has been ran into the ground

It wouldn't bother me if they shelved this franchise. They won't, because $$$$$$$$ but creatively and story-wise, they've milked this cow dry.

This. Jurassic World is perfect bookend to the first movie, and a fitting end to the franchise if they leave it alone. Let it go out on a high mark.
But they won't.

I think they'll do something with the idea of militarized dinosaurs. "Jurassic War" or something.

It's not about going out on a high mark that has me worried

It's the fact that story wise I just dont see where this can go. Im not a Hollywood writer, obviously, but usually with blockbusters I can think "Oh they should do this in the sequel"

With Jurassic Park V, I just dont see it.

A cool idea would be there's a plane crash and some people have to go to the abandoned island to save the survivors, but they already did something of that sort in III.
JW handled a couple things that couldve been used for a sequel. The whole militarization of the dinosaurs couldve been a whole movie on its own I think

Maybe people start going to the island to steal dinosaurs and sell them on the black market?

Or perhaps geneticists take things a step further and engineer feathered dinosaurs. Then you can play with the dynamic of what dinosaurs actually looked versus what people want/expect them to look like.

Jurassic Universe... Dinosaurs IN SPACE!

It's not about going out on a high mark that has me worried

It's the fact that story wise I just dont see where this can go. Im not a Hollywood writer, obviously, but usually with blockbusters I can think "Oh they should do this in the sequel"

With Jurassic Park V, I just dont see it.

A cool idea would be there's a plane crash and some people have to go to the abandoned island to save the survivors, but they already did something of that sort in III.
JW handled a couple things that couldve been used for a sequel. The whole militarization of the dinosaurs couldve been a whole movie on its own I think

That plot wasn't completely finished though, last we saw, Wu was being taken by people interested in using dinos for military use, he also took those samples with him.

Honestly no matter the storyline, it will involve people running from dinosaurs. That's why there is no where left to go with this franchise. Unless they make the human characters really interesting, which track record shows they can't, it can't just be same old thing.

That plot wasn't completely finished though, last we saw, Wu was being taken by people interested in using dinos for military use, he also took those samples with him.

But what can they do with that? No one is going to take whatever dinosaurs they created/will create after the events of this film.

SO Wong continues creating dinosaurs. Then what? Movie wise what is the next step? Dinosaurs fighting in Iraq?

I mean we are dealing with a plot that hinges on the fact that people can create dinosaurs, so it's not about sense of disbelief. But people doing anything more, at least in public, with the dinosaurs just breaks common sense to me.

That's why I think something like a rescue mission could be cool even though it has been done before

But what can they do with that? No one is going to take whatever dinosaurs they created/will create after the events of this film.

SO Wong continues creating dinosaurs. Then what? Movie wise what is the next step? Dinosaurs fighting in Iraq?

I mean we are dealing with a plot that hinges on the fact that people can create dinosaurs, so it's not about sense of disbelief. But people doing anything more, at least in public, with the dinosaurs just breaks common sense to me.

That's why I think something like a rescue mission could be cool even though it has been done before

The military never learn, i think it's an almost sure bet that Wu will play an even bigger role next time. The next step is probably to have the dinossaurs reaching the mainland, which will probably be due to the military trying to control the dinos and failing hard.

They already did dinosaurs reaching the mainland. I dont think they'll do it again

EDIT: Actually I should say I hope they wont do it again

There is a current issue in Florida right now where exotic pet sellers had brought over Burmese pythons. Some of them had escaped and they are now breeding rampantly in the glades and having a pretty substantial impact on the ecosystem.

You can do this with a few of the smaller carnivorous dinosaurs, but then you're missing out on good ol' T-Rex action.

Militarized dinosaurs would be silly, especially as the crux of a whole movie. It was bordering on silly in this movie, but thankfully they never moved past that just being an idea, which is fine here.

Dinosaurs on the mainland was touched on in Lost World, and apparently, the majority didn't care for it back then?

Rescue mission would work, main thing is having characters the audience can care about. This movie pulled that off so the familiarity of the scenario was not exactly an issue.

It's my guess at what's coming next, i doubt they will go back to the island yet again, it's been done 4 times now.

If they wanted to go international, they could have other countries decide to open their own Parks, and stuff hits the fan over there.

If they wanted to go international, they could have other countries decide to open their own Parks, and stuff hits the fan over there.

That runs into the problem of "Been there done that"

and again that would require a huge suspense of common sense belief.

"Damn hundreds of people died at the original Jurassic World...let's build one ourselves" :dry:

Next possible steps could be invasive species reaching the mainland and forcing co-existence. Contraband of different species. Militarized dinos is silly on the surface, but I could see it working if they're more like an ecosystem attack (say, decimating an ecosystem the enemy uses to its advantage) or a terror weapon (basically there because, let's face it, if I had to fight against a T-Rex I would need brown pants). There's a very interesting theory up there about comparing the modrn perception of dinosaurs with the JP one. There's also the possibility of mixing-in other prehistoric animals, like some viral marketing suggested. Also, I would like the possibility of exploring the relationship between man and beast even more, this was already touched but I think it has a more diverse potential given the number of species.

hmm, riffing off what someone said earlier...

They mentioned the psychological effects the captivity could have on the dinosaurs, which was a nice acknowledgment. Maybe after the events of this movie, the island is left as a reserve or rehabilitation, study purposes only, maybe a small group of scientists there. And some black market types break in to steal them?

...And as I typed this I realized how that basic idea is The Lost World...

So back to square one.

I imagine this thread is exactly what is happening tomorrow morning at Universal, ha.

I imagine this thread is exactly what is happening tomorrow morning at Universal, ha.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Universal is searching the Internet for sequel ideas. :oldrazz:

There's other dinosaurs they can use and prehistoric beasts would be something totally new. I really thinks sabre-toothed cats and mammoths should be making their debut in the next one. Would love to see how they get on with raptors and other dinosaurs.

That runs into the problem of "Been there done that"

and again that would require a huge suspense of common sense belief.

"Damn hundreds of people died at the original Jurassic World...let's build one ourselves" :dry:

A business valuing billions of dollars over a hundred lives. Could never happen!

A business valuing billions of dollars over a hundred lives. Could never happen!

Your right it couldnt happen in this case.

This isnt like an airplane crashing or something like that.

THis is like every ride at a Six Flags killing people. THe amount of lawsuits alone would scare any other company thinking about opening up another dinosaur park somewhere else.

In fact I dont think it would be able to get the permits or whatever to make another one.

That's why you have everyone sign agreements acknowledging the possible dangers.

I can't really see where they would go after this. I could see them going back to the island to collect the remaining dinosaurs that survived the slaughter but that wouldn't be enough to drive the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"