Just got back from seeing it... Any questions?

So when Reed goes on the run and Grimm and the others stay with the gov't, is there any mention of their parents or anything like that?

I haven't seen the film, but based on the description it's very strange to me that they'd have [BLACKOUT]Reed working for a year on saving his friends only to be captured anyway.[/BLACKOUT] Wouldn't it make for a more proactive lead to have him run off only briefly, possibly for a month or so, then break in and successfully re-team with the three, apologizing for his brash decision, and deciding to venture back into Planet Zero of their own accord, maybe with the theory that some of the material there can change them back? After this, Victor's found and there's like an arc about how they should be utilizing their powers, rather than mourning over them. I know the initial conceit was to show the idea that the process of actually getting these abilities would be horrifying, but they seemed to want it both ways anyway, so why not at least bridge the two thoughts together? Like I said though, I haven't seen it so I can't credibly poke holes at this point.

So is it true that in this Fantastic Four film the four main characters are never onscreen together until about the last 10 minutes of the film?

So is it true that in this Fantastic Four film the four main characters are never onscreen together until about the last 10 minutes of the film?

With their powers, basically yes.

What the..? Can this really be true?

Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan) doesn’t even mind the transformation into the Human Torch, and seems perfectly happy to serve as a military weapon in Third World countries.
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/fantastic-four-2015-review.html

This combined with the info that apparently Ben has
scores of confirmed kills(!!!)
is absolutely astonishing. So the "Fantastic Four" - or at least parts of them - are not heroes in this movie in an even subversive, twisted, X-Force kind of way, but [BLACKOUT]straight-up, willing government enforcers.[/BLACKOUT]

WHAT. THE. HELL. :confused:

What the..? Can this really be true?

Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan) doesn’t even mind the transformation into the Human Torch, and seems perfectly happy to serve as a military weapon in Third World countries.
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/fantastic-four-2015-review.html

This combined with the info that apparently Ben has
scores of confirmed kills(!!!)
is absolutely astonishing. So the "Fantastic Four" - or at least parts of them - are not heroes in this movie in an even subversive, twisted, X-Force kind of way, but [BLACKOUT]straight-up, willing government enforcers.[/BLACKOUT]

WHAT. THE. HELL. :confused:

Fox decided to make a serious parody of The Fantastic Four.

Fox decided to make a serious parody of The Fantastic Four.

It ****ing boggles the mind. This movie is basically pure trolling, an omnidirectional middle finger. It's hard to believe it even exists as a $120 million "serious" movie. Astonishing.

It ****ing boggles the mind. This movie is basically pure trolling, an omnidirectional middle finger. It's hard to believe it even exists as a $120 million "serious" movie. Astonishing.

Robert Liefeld approved!

I give the old Lief props for co-creating (thank goodness for Fabian Nicieza) Domino, one of my all-time favorite Marvel characters, but he seems to have some sort of conflict of interest with this movie.

Lets be honest Robert Liefeld is a has-been...Luckily for him, his one character has been transformed into something brilliant.

Guess that's why he's towing the corporate line by vehemently endorsing this steaming pile of crap.

I have absolutely no issue with the idea of superheroes who are also on-duty soldiers. The Fantastic Four *should not be those people*. It misses all the actual themes of the FF, while simultaneously making both them and the military look terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"