Aquaman Spoilers Thread (just in case ;) - please don’t enter if you don’t want to be spoiled)

I noticed this

tumblr_pjh58u5eId1qgfbkmo3_500.gif

looks a lot like that sparkly thing Atlanna wore near the end :lmao:
LOL! That skit was... was... something else XD Sometimes I hope I can unsee it.

If Manta does one day murder Arthur's son, I'd want them to kill the boy when he's older, maybe a teenager. That way, Arthur's relationship with him is deepened through years of interaction, and we as an audience don't have to see Manta murdering an infant. Still hurts a parent to lose their child, regardless of the age.

Let's also not deny the poetic justice, since Manta blames Aquaman for the death of his father.

No.

How was Orm able to send tidal waves to the surface? I remember Mera telling Arthur this was just the beginning. Is that part of his ability?

Just saw it, thought Manta costume was neat and the Aquaman costume was neat too. Nothing really wowed me thought or left me with a lasting memory. They didn't use that theme I loved from the last trailer, that was a main reason I decided to go.

How was Orm able to send tidal waves to the surface? I remember Mera telling Arthur this was just the beginning. Is that part of his ability?
I'm guessing with the tech that Atlantis has, this is easily done through some massive generator. Doesn't actually have to be a powerset.

Son killing, I don't really know what else to say to people who want something so macabre to happen.
A major Part of Superhero Storytelling is tragedy and how the Hero reacts to it. Manta killing Arthur's Son is fine.

Most likely they'll probably have Manta kill Arthur's dad as it would be a more direct parallel to his story and because I doubt we will get a significant enough of a time jump for a son to be rasied (they aint gonna kill a baby)/

A major Part of Superhero Storytelling is tragedy and how the Hero reacts to it. Manta killing Arthur's Son is fine.
. I will be watching that movie for the third time on Friday. If something that Dark was in it i wouldnt. I wont add to that I simply dont want that part of comics to be adapted.

Maybe someone can help me out. I couldn’t understand Black Manta’s first line of dialogue when he first showed up in Sicily. Anybody know what he said?

Maybe someone can help me out. I couldn’t understand Black Manta’s first line of dialogue when he first showed up in Sicily. Anybody know what he said?
I don't remember what exactly he said. But I do remember that it was an HP Lovecraft quote. The Dunwich Horror on Thomas Curry's coffee table, Black Manta quoting Lovecraft, and the Trench kinda resembles the fish people from The Shadow over Innsmouth. I think those were the Lovecraft references that Wan had in the movie.

Last edited:
I don't remember what exactly he said. But I do remember that it was an HP Lovecraft quote. The Dunwich Horror on Thomas Curry's coffee table, Black Manta quoting Lovecraft, and the Trench kinda resembles the fish people from the Horror of Innsmouth. I think those were the Lovecraft references that Wan had in the movie.
Thanks. I’ll be sure to have the subtitles on when I get it on Blu-ray.

Yes, I really enjoyed this movie. Love the fight scenes and the way they were shot in the submarine rescue, Atlanna's in the beginning and Mera's. I love the varied action/fight scenes.

Loved the movie (saw it on Saturday). Great special effects, reminded me of Avatar, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars and Indiana Jones all rolled into one.

The best thing for me was Nicole Kidman, man, she looked super-fine and I loved her scenes.

Loved the movie (saw it on Saturday). Great special effects, reminded me of Avatar, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars and Indiana Jones all rolled into one.

The best thing for me was Nicole Kidman, man, she looked super-fine and I loved her scenes.
Yeah, she was really good. Great casting and I hope we see her again in sequels.

I'm guessing with the tech that Atlantis has, this is easily done through some massive generator. Doesn't actually have to be a powerset.
Sounds right to me.

Nicole is such a pro. She gave the same level of commitment and conviction to this like in some super serious films she does

Anyone know what the bloody bit was that was cut from UK showings?

Nicole is such a pro. She gave the same level of commitment and conviction to this like in some super serious films she does
It’s great. I wasn’t sure we’d get that from her but she really committed.

Don't know which scene was deleted for the UK Cut. But, this scene was deleted by Wan as he thought it might be deemed as too weird..

"As much as I loved it. He had this sequence where… Aquaman has been apprehended by King Orm and he's been thrown into this dungeon. Like this really awful prison deep in Atlantis.

"He ends up starting a prison riot, where all the guards are sharks. They were shark-guards, like all shark head…" he continued.

The director then went on to describe the even crazier part of the scene, which sees Arthur Curry escape with "clouds of blood billowing everywhere". Wan continued: "He kills one of the shark guards and the shark starts bleeding and then that starts a feeding frenzy among all the other shark guards. It just went nuts.

"We’re talking like clouds of blood billowing everywhere and he uses that to escape. I was like, 'Holy crap, I don’t know if I can do that'."

Aquaman director reveals he cut this scene because it was too "weird"

So just curious, did any of you guys have an audience that.... laughed AT the movie at parts? Like for example, in my second showing, although the crowd loved it, there were some moments where you could tell some people werent buying into the more... comic booky aspects of it. Like, in the 3rd act that scene where Orm puts on his mask, turns to the camera and his theme kicks in and he says “you can call me....OCEAN MASTER.” There was very audible cackling at absurdity of it even though that was very clearly intended to be serious.

But to me, maybe its cuz i was so into the movie hy that point, but that was badass moment. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"