• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Justice League script review

The dialogue is absolutely terrible. I mean, just unconvincingly terrible. Superman is terribly introduced by, and literally, a "grunt". Batman has no entrance and they basically treat him as a no-nothing character. :cmad:
Jett over at BOF said that (almost) all of the characters have a "big intro" except for Batman.
According to someone in the know, every member of the JL gets a nice big intro…except Batman.

my god this script is like a swift kick to the balls...

It only awful if you belive this. I don't trust anyone, so I'll wait to see anything official.

Wow, that's horrible. :whatever:

Maybe they should get Laurence Fishburne to play MM. That'd make that line hilarious. :oldrazz:

Hilarious, Jett and everybody else believes this garbage.

FF2 was bad - be thankful that this DC project looks better than 85% of the crap that has come out of the Marvel camp lately.

I really don't see the problem with this JL movie being aimed at kids. I mean what did people expect it to be? rated R?

Spiderman, was aimed at kids as well and looked how that turned out. This is not the problem everyone is turning it out to be.

man, watching everybody fall over this thing is kinda funny.

I'm not going to worry anymore.

I am not going to freak out over casting news, or script snippets, or webmasters freaking out over every bit of news. Not anymore.

Depending on who is directing and who the writers are, scripts can go through 20-30 drafts during production. If this script small sample of the script is indeed real, which is debatable, none of it might make the final cut.

I am not going to freak out over casting news, or script snippets, or webmasters freaking out over every bit of news. Not anymore.

Depending on who is directing and who the writers are, scripts can go through 20-30 drafts during production. If this script small sample of the script is indeed real, which is debatable, none of it might make the final cut.

:up:

If they use Ultraman, Owlman,etc. I will be really pissed off. I just don't understand how Warner can keep screwing up the DC properties. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting until a casting announcement to really care, but in the meantime I'm still hoping it's Cavill for Kal-el!

I'm waiting until a casting announcement to really care, but in the meantime I'm still hoping it's Cavill for Kal-el!

Bomer dammit.

Sorry, had a flashback ;)

If they use Ultraman, Owlman,etc. I will be really pissed off. I just don't understand how Warner can keep screwing up the DC properties. :rolleyes:

Have you read Morrison and Quitely's Earth 2 story? The character's can actually be pretty interesting if written well. Though I agree, it's a bad idea to have them in the first movie, at least in the capacity that's been alluded to so far.

Bomer dammit.

Sorry, had a flashback ;)
Happens to me all the time. At least we can agree that Fraser shouldn't get it.
colbert1.jpg

Or can we?

Dramatic?
Never use that word again in the same sentence with this film.

I said nothing about the script having drama. I asked if it was bad because it had no dramatic weight to it. I asked you a relevant question. I would appreciate a straight answer. All that requires is a yes or a no or a slight elaboration on the questons I asked, which I thought were simple enough.

If, in fact, you have read this excerpt, then you are in a position to shed more light on why people think it is so bad.

If you can't provide a simple analysis of the screenwriting tools or lack of in the script without spoiling the entire thing or releasing "sensitive" information, then I would tend to question whether or not you're fit to judge what's good and bad in terms of writing.

my god this script is like a swift kick to the balls...

Oh. You've read it?

This is just beyond pathetic, people. You're just leaping onto a bandwagon you can't even see.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_en_tv/hollywood_labor

Hollywood union authorized to strike Sat Oct 20, 12:43 AM ET

Members of Hollywood's film and television writers union have overwhelmingly voted to authorize a strike anytime after their contract expires at the end of the month. More than 5,000 members of the Writers Guild of America cast ballots, with 90percent voting in favor of authorizing the strike, the union said Friday evening. Members voted Thursday.

"Writers do not want to strike, but they are resolute and prepared to take strong, united action to defend our interests," guild President Patric Verrone said in a news release. "What we must have is a contract that gives us the ability to keep up with the financial success of this ever-expanding global industry."Since July, the guild has been in talks with film studios and production companies represented by the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. Both sides acknowledge they have not made progress.

Nick Counter, the alliance's president, said he was not surprised by the vote.
"Our focus is on negotiating a reasonable agreement with the WGA," he said in a news release.A key issue dividing producers and writers, as well as actors, whose contract expires next June, is compensation for DVD sales and productions that get distributed on the Internet or in other new media formats.

The writers' current three-year contract expires Oct. 31, and their vote gives the union's leaders authorization to call a strike anytime after that day.
Studios and TV networks have accelerated filming of shows and movies and begun stockpiling scripts in case of a strike. The last strike in 1988 lasted 22 weeks. Losses to the industry were put at $500 million.

If you can't provide a simple analysis of the screenwriting tools or lack of in the script without spoiling the entire thing or releasing "sensitive" information, then I would tend to question whether or not you're fit to judge what's good and bad in terms of writing.

OUCH.

Am I wrong?

In fairness, they do create the stuff that we pay through the nose for. They ought to have something to show for it.

Yes, much of which is pretty damn lousy and uninspired. Successful writers do tend to have something to show for their efforts. The really successful ones (top hundred or so) make a million dollars per screenplay and are given multiple jobs per year. The average employed writer makes somewhere in five figures and takes home an average of about $45,000 per year after taxes and agent fees.

Writing is like any other business. There are only so many lucrative jobs, and the competition is fierce. If some writers are struggling, rather than striking, maybe they should seek a new career or improve their skills.

Writers don't make as much or near as much as actors or directors for one simple reason: They're not marketable, because they're not rare. And that may be because our culture doesn't appreciate them as much as actors and directors to a point, but that's a lousy reason to strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"