Justice League - The New Frontier?

The Lazarus Pit

The Boy Wonder
Reaction score
We’ve been seeing a lot of rumors circulating that Gunn’s universe is slowly building towards an adaptation of The New Frontier as our introduction to the new Justice League.

4A0736C2-C26A-4FD4-B4AA-4C8E25E2B9F9.jpeg
RIP Darwyn Cooke, you brilliant bastard.

Personally I’m all for it, the comic is amazing and the animated film was enjoyable. If I could tweak anything for the film, it would be to swap The Centre for the White Martians. I think you could easily make that change and not lose anything.

What are your thoughts on this potential development? Obviously it’s a few years off, but with the right build up, this could be a very satisfying intro to the new JL.

i'm excited for it. i too would go for the white martians as the antagonists instead.
or something similar to the the imperium from the jl animated series debut.

they feel like a combination of the centre + white martians.

Imperium

any darwyn cooke / new frontier influence in these jl movies would be awesome.

Yes I absolutely agree. Some sort of Imperium/Centre/White Martians amalgamation would be the perfect villains for a Justice League origin film.

The New Frontier comic (not so much the movie version) deals with civil rights/racism and has more of a political angle than a lot of comics.

I enjoy Dinosaur Island in the comic but I don’t think I’d want to see it on film. Leave that for Marvel’s Savage Land in an X-Men movie.

I’m torn. I hate the Centre as a villain and I have to wonder: if you change the villain and you change the setting such that it isn’t set in the 1960’s; is it still a New Frontier adaptation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"