First Look At New Frontier Dvd

I hear that Steven Jay Blum will voice Batman while David Wittenberg will voice Aquaman.

They lied when they said the films would feature the same animation styles from the comics and graphic novels.

Its all Timm Style. Thats disapointing. Superman: Doomsday looks like watered down Timm Style too; whats up with skinny Lex and asian Lois.

Well, since Cooke worked on B:TAS, it simply means he has Timm's style. :o

Cooke's art is so cool though...I wish they translated it better.

I was expecting more along the lines of this

dcd-newfrontierposter.jpg

instead of

NewFrontier.jpg

I think we're stuck with this -

NewFrontier.jpg

-until Bruce Timm retires/resigns from the WB/DC animation department. Then again, whoever took his place might just decide to keep the same animation and not bother changing/updating/putting his own spin on things on the grounds that fans are used to this style of animation and expect it.

The disapointing thing is the rumors of DC Dvds based on stories with amazing artwork; like Kingdom Come.....

As decent as Timm style was for its time; I dont wana see Kingdom Come in Timm artwork.

Yeah, I'd hate to see Kingdom Come in Timm-style animation. Hell, I'd rather KC be an all CGI animation style feature ala Beast Wars: Transformers or any of the Pixar films than Timm-style.

Someone thinks its time for Timm to steer clear of the next DC DTV animated films? Time for the old fogey to take a well deserved break from animation?

Is Warner gonna make more Comics into animated movies? I think I heard something about The Long Halloween and The Dark Knight Returns being made...

Yeah, probably, especially if this and DOOMSDAY do well in DTV sales.

Everyone...BUY MULTIPLE COPIES...

Good, bad, doesn't matter.

Just so we can get TLH and DKR as animated films!

CFE

I'm a bat nut.:dry:

He's more of a supporting character in New Frontier. But he's got a few sweet moments.
My favorite line is when he first meets J'onn, and he's trying to force him to use his powers and help solve a case. J'onn says that he's not afraid of Bruce, and as he's leaving, Bats just responds by saying:

"It took a one million dollar sliver of meteorite to take down the one in Metropolis. For you, all it would take is a penny for a book of matches."

Someone thinks its time for Timm to steer clear of the next DC DTV animated films? Time for the old fogey to take a well deserved break from animation?
Timm's animation is not the worst I've ever seen Geoff, it's just lost some of its allure that's all.

I think we're stuck with this -

NewFrontier.jpg

-until Bruce Timm retires/resigns from the WB/DC animation department. Then again, whoever took his place might just decide to keep the same animation and not bother changing/updating/putting his own spin on things on the grounds that fans are used to this style of animation and expect it.
Maybe you didn't read the full article:
Mr. Cooke worked on the design of all the characters in the film with Glenn Wong, whom he described as “secretly famous” because of Mr. Wong’s work on DC’s line of collectible maquettes (picture a group of Oscar statues, but each one colorfully resembling the animated version of the Justice League characters).
Darwyn was a close collaborator of Bruce Timm, so he was clearly influenced in his style.

I didnt know Darwyn was a close collaborator of Bruce Timm. Thats kinda cool.

Timm's animation is not the worst I've ever seen Geoff, it's just lost some of its allure that's all.

While I wasn't implying that you were saying his animation was bad, I was only asking a question expecting an answer with a question. Therefore, someone else would answer said question with another question, causing a trend that would cause a cycle in which a group of Welsh orphans join the Hype, causing an implosion within the internet. Once the internet system is down, the world will start to tear itself apart. It isn't an alternate reality, it is merely a time loop. Inevitable. Armaggedon....we're all gonna die!!!!!!

Timm's animation is amazing! I don't think it has lost any of it's allure.

While I wasn't implying that you were saying his animation was bad, I was only asking a question expecting an answer with a question. Therefore, someone else would answer said question with another question, causing a trend that would cause a cycle in which a group of Welsh orphans join the Hype, causing an implosion within the internet. Once the internet system is down, the world will start to tear itself apart. It isn't an alternate reality, it is merely a time loop. Inevitable. Armaggedon....we're all gonna die!!!!!!
My apologies Geoff.

Maybe you didn't read the full article:

Darwyn was a close collaborator of Bruce Timm, so he was clearly influenced in his style.

THANK YOU! I've been saying that this whole time. Really, Cooke is just a slightly less blockier version of Timm. Nothing against either, but their styles seem to have meld into each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"