Other DC comic book stories you would like to see animated and sent to DVD?

I was thinking about it today, if Bruce Timm is able to make The Dark Knight Returns like he'd like to, would you guys wanna see them use the same character designs and voice actors as Legends of the Dark Knight, or something new? I liked the designs for that segment, and I think that with shading it would be perfect. As for the voice actors, I liked Batman, but I think Kevin Michael Richardson was too cartoony as the Mutant Leader.

I was thinking about it today, if Bruce Timm is able to make The Dark Knight Returns like he'd like to, would you guys wanna see them use the same character designs and voice actors as Legends of the Dark Knight, or something new? I liked the designs for that segment, and I think that with shading it would be perfect. As for the voice actors, I liked Batman, but I think Kevin Michael Richardson was too cartoony as the Mutant Leader.

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Michael Ironside
Carrie Kelly/Robin: Same actress from the "Legends" epi.
Joker: Mark Hamill

Aside from those three, bring in new voice actors.

CFE

Always Luke Skywalker as the Joker. Accept no substitutes.

We'll be getting an animated DVD adaptation of "Death of Superman" soon along with animated DVD adaptations of "Teen Titans: Judas Contract" and "New Frontier" so out of curiosity, what other DC comic book storylines would you like to see done in directo to DVD animated format?

I wouldn't mind seeing an animated adaptation of "Kingdom Come" or an animated adaptation of "Crisis On Infinite Earths" or "Emerald Twilight/Final Night/Rebirth". Hell, I'd even like to see an animated adaptation just soley focused on Wonder Woman and/or Captain Marvel, or an adaptation of "Superman/SHAZAM First Thunder" for that matter.

Any more suggestions or takes on this?

Some of the "scary books" from the 60's and 70's:

House of Mystery
House of Secrets
Swamp Thing

I know younger fans will want the Alan Moore Swamp Thing, but i'd much rather see the Berni Wrightson stuff done first.

In regards to superheroes:

Batman: The Killing Joke (Mark Hamill is a MUST for vocals)
Aquaman: Time and Tide
JLA: Year One

^ Nice couple of choices you've got going there, I think it would be amazing to have "The Long Halloween", and "Dark Victory" DTV's. with Tim Sale inspired art.

I believe that one solid Nightwing story should be told.

Would any of you want to see an animated film based on the New Gods characters of Jack Kirby's 4th World (Orion, Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Darkseid, Highfather, etc.)?

^ That would be the balls.

I'd love to see HUSH, and of course Kingdom Come, but most of all Batman: Arkham Asylum would be visually stunning if done right.

I'd love to see some Elseworlds tales be animated.
I've already seen Speeding Bullets mentioned but I'd also like to see Gotham by Gaslight, Batman Holy Terror, and who doesn't want to see Kingdom Come? And in all honesty animation would be the way to go with KC. It would be great if they could do it with the same style as the opening theme to the original JL toon.

the hawk and dove origin story

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"