SUPERMAN/DOOMSDAY Casting and DVD details Announced!

I like that they decided to use new voice. As much as i love the dcu cartoons, come on its time to move on. Not refreshing the series enough gave us kiddy version of recent cartoons(though some have started to show some balls).

okay there seems to be a contridiction between the two writers. One says Noveck isn't intresting in using the Ryan Choi Atom but more of the Ray palmer version. Then another writer says that the Ryan Choi version is gaining popularity and they might use him.
I like both versions of the Atom, but which is true?

You guys should check out the toy line that they revealed few weeks back. You could see the designs of Superman, black-suit Superman (long hair), Lex Luthor, Doomsday, and a robot that had a Superman logo. They had the same Bruce Timm design style, but the characters looked different.

On IGN they mention that Timm and Noveck hinted at a Green Lantern/Green Arrow storyline written by Denny O'Neill as being in the works. Hush by Jeph Loeb was also suggested. The trailer footage showed Superman coughing blood in one scene. Man, I can't wait for the other projects to be announced and I haven't even seen any image of the first one!
A Green Lantern/Green Arrow storyline like the 1970's O'Neill version and the batman: Hush storyline.... I love it!

They should have keep the excellent Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor, Dana Delany as Lois Lane and Tim Daly or Georges Newbern as Superman.

I normally would agree, but we got f**kin Jayne voicing Superman, so I really couldn't give a crap about Daly or Newbern. :woot:

I'm pleased with the voices so far, and I have a lot of faith in Bruce Timm. He's never let me down yet with his work.

I like how I am already more impressed with these DTV's than Marvel's, and they havent even been released yet. I shouldnt be too surprised, DC has always had better animation, in writing and look.

I like how I am already more impressed with these DTV's than Marvel's, and they havent even been released yet. I shouldnt be too surprised, DC has always had better animation, in writing and look.

Definitely.

I've wanted to like the Marvel animated features that have been released, ie. Avengers and Iron Man, but they really haven't been done well IMO, and definitely not as done well as the DCAU under Timm/Dini with regard to story and animation.

It's sad. As much as Marvel hyped their animated features up, they really haven't delivered.

I am very appreciative of the work that Bruce Timm has done with the DCAU, and I am sure I will be impressed with the Superman/Doomsday as well as his other work to be released.

I wish someone had given him the reins to the Superman film, or to a live-action superhero movie. I have every bit of confidence he could make the transition from animated to live action, and deliver a great movie along with solid performances.

Definitely.

I've wanted to like the Marvel animated features that have been released, ie. Avengers and Iron Man, but they really haven't been done well IMO, and definitely not as done well as the DCAU under Timm/Dini with regard to story and animation.

It's sad. As much as Marvel hyped their animated features up, they really haven't delivered.

I am very appreciative of the work that Bruce Timm has done with the DCAU, and I am sure I will be impressed with the Superman/Doomsday as well as his other work to be released.

I wish someone had given him the reins to the Superman film, or to a live-action superhero movie. I have every bit of confidence he could make the transition from animated to live action, and deliver a great movie along with solid performances.

Bruce Timm has more talent in little thumb than most " Hollywood" people who try to make superhero movies. I'd like to see Bruce Timm go to the live- action movie route.

Bruce Timm has more talent in little thumb than most " Hollywood" people who try to make superhero movies. I'd like to see Bruce Timm go to the live- action movie route.

Absolutely!

Bruce Timm could take aspects of Apokolips Now!, Little Girl Lost, and Legacy from STAS, and turn it into anything better than what's been done with Superman on film lately. Timm did the best interpretations of Brainiac, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, and Supergirl to date.

It's too bad WB won't give him the chance, because he would deliver the goods, and WB would reap the profits, and the fans would be pleased. It's a win-win for everyone. Instead, we get "Singerman" and "Superson" on screen with SR.

I'd love to see some of Noveck and Timm's ideas they mentioned in the interview about animated versions of Kamandi, The New Gods, Green Lantern (Ethan Van Sciver designs), Jonah Hex, The Question, Justice League: When Worlds Collide, Atom ( Ray Palmer or Ryan Choi), Challengers of The Unknown, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and a second Teen Tians movie.

Absolutely!

Bruce Timm could take aspects of Apokolips Now!, Little Girl Lost, and Legacy from STAS, and turn it into anything better than what's been done with Superman on film lately. Timm did the best interpretations of Brainiac, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, and Supergirl to date.

It's too bad WB won't give him the chance, because he would deliver the goods, and WB would reap the profits, and the fans would be pleased. It's a win-win for everyone. Instead, we get "Singerman" and "Superson" on screen with SR.

Yeah I loved STAS! I'd love to see those concepts on film. On SR I didn't care to much for " Superson" myself either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"