• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Fist Keep Iron Fist Solo Or Team Up Show with Luke?

Yeah exactly, combine two shows so maybe other shows can get some room to experiment. Otherwise, if they don't go beyond two a year, we will be waiting forever to see these characters again, and I don't want that at all.

I'd like to see Iron Fist get two or three solo seasons before combining the shows, but it could make sense to do so.

I feel ya Barry Parker, but that also means we could be forced to wait until 2019 to see new seasons of Cage and Iron Fist unless Netflix ups the production.

I feel ya Barry Parker, but that also means we could be forced to wait until 2019 to see new seasons of Cage and Iron Fist unless Netflix ups the production.

Looks like that might be the case anyway :csad:

2017 has Iron Fist, Defenders and JJ season 2, right? Then 2018 will be Punisher, DD season 3 and probably Luke Cage season 2.

It all depends though. I don't really see Jessica Jones getting more than 2 seasons. But 4 shows a year could be too many.

No, as of now 2017 only has Iron Fist and Defenders Barry. Jessica Jones Season 2 has not been confirmed for 2017 yet. Jessica Jones hasn't even started filming yet.

No, as of now 2017 only has Iron Fist and Defenders Barry. Jessica Jones Season 2 has not been confirmed for 2017 yet. Jessica Jones hasn't even started filming yet.

Oh, right. There's a rumor that Punisher is being released next year though.

Oh, right. There's a rumor that Punisher is being released next year though.

What rumor and what's the source? Punisher hasn't even started filming yet either. If they want to do it by next year, they'll have to start filming pretty soon.

Just for example, they've announced Daredevil S3 but no premiere date yet either. 2018 is probably it, but who knows?

OK, so there is apparently something on the app that says 2017. Still that could be an error. I really need some sort official press release from Netflix or Marvel to affirm it's next year.

Untitled.png

So let's put it like this. Hypothetically speaking. Defenders counts as extra since it's a shorter eight episode miniseries, so we can get a full season of another show. Here's how it could pan out.

2015 - Daredevil and Jessica Jones
2016 - Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage
2017 - Iron Fist, Defenders and Punisher
2018 - Daredevil S3 and Jessica Jones S2
2019 - ???

It's really just hard to see where they will go with this. Especially if they think about doing shows such as Moon Knight or Blade.

OK, so there is apparently something on the app that says 2017. Still that could be an error. I really need some sort official press release from Netflix or Marvel to affirm it's next year.

Untitled.png

So let's put it like this. Hypothetically speaking. Defenders counts as extra since it's a shorter eight episode miniseries, so we can get a full season of another show. Here's how it could pan out.

2015 - Daredevil and Jessica Jones
2016 - Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage
2017 - Iron Fist, Defenders and Punisher
2018 - Daredevil S3 and Jessica Jones S2
2019 - ???

It's really just hard to see where they will go with this. Especially if they think about doing shows such as Moon Knight or Blade.

Oh, I agree. But hopefully 3 shows a year becomes the norm. It'd make sense to combine shows, whether that's Luke and Jessica or Luke and Danny just depends. We'll see what happens.

I suspect that, long term, they will expand to three seasons a year. The popularity is almost certainly there, its just a matter of tooling up.

I saw the speculation about Punisher being released next year but it's still hard for me to imagine that happening, considering the lack of casting/filming news. Only way it seems possible to me is if Punisher has less episodes than the other series, a la The Defenders. As it stands, we know JJ films after The Defenders and the latter starts filming at the end of this year, yes? Assuming Punisher has a role in that, I can't see production beginning on his series until around the same time as JJ, at the earliest, which would likely mean a 2018 release date. Perhaps that's when we'll see Marvel/Netflix expand to 3 shows a year, with JJ, Punisher and DD.

As for Iron Fist and Luke teaming up, that's something I definitely want to see at some point. I don't hate the idea of it happening after they've only had 1 season of their own shows. In some ways, that might make more sense, especially if they form a strong bond during The Defenders (they better). But I get why others may want to see them with their own shows for a while longer. I'd be satisfied, either way.

I just can't see us getting Punisher before the end of 2017 if they haven't even started filming Defenders yet. I'd say 2018 is earliest we see Punisher's TV show. But I do feel like they will have to step it up to three a year.

And doing Power Man & Iron Fist or Heroes for Hire as the combined S2 for Cage and Fist would solve a lot of problems and open up some space for 2019. Either Moon Knight, Daredevil S4, something else.

We lucked out with Daredevil S2 because the wait wasn't all that long. But now it's going to be a long wait for Jessica Jones S2, Daredevil S3 and anything additional for Cage and Fist.

Keep them solo, but do a Power Man/Iron Fist episode every season, or/and have them guest star in each others show, to build on their friendship more outside of The Defenders. But if they were to do a team-up show, you'd hear no objections from me.

Last edited:
I'm with the Heroes for Hire angle for season 2 but I still want the shows to be solo. Like IF said maybe before combining the shows we can get them guest starring in each other shows. Then down the line combine the two shows.

What would you prefer though? Combine the shows or waiting years between seasons?

For right now I'm fine waiting between seasons as long as the quality remains the same. Maybe wait till each show has about 3 seasons under their belt I guess before combining their shows. If I'm making any sense lol. That would be ok with me.

For right now I'm fine waiting between seasons as long as the quality remains the same. Maybe wait till each show has about 3 seasons under their belt I guess before combining their shows. If I'm making any sense lol. That would be ok with me.

Definitely. I want each of them to have at least 2 solo seasons before making it heroes for hire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"