Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

Long before any movie starts shooting, concept artwork is done by "professional artists" and design studios, after that story boards are done.

The point is, everything is done based on the story of the movie and characters in the movie, and when the movie based on Comics, people doing concept-artwork (and costumes designers and CGI work) do take into account how the characters look in source material. Hence I doubt they will design anything that looks out of place.

Some dude who claims to have seen a test screening of WW84 described Cheetah as having a white coat of fur with grey stripes which, on the face of it, sounds more like a white tiger than a cheetah. I get that white tigers are absolutely stunning animals but the character in question is named after a Cheetah…

Now she’s often mistakenly portrayed as a leopard in the comics, in Brazil she’s even known as “Mulher Leopardo” but a striped, white Cheetah, that's a first

King Cheetahs, which are extremely rare, do have stripes along their back, perhaps that's what she looks like...
It could just be graphics that haven’t been rendered and they are grey for the sake of being unfinished.

Test screenings or unfinished scenes also don't have the final touches and digital color corrections of the final product. For all the talk, as per usual online, of the supposed superiority of practical effects, I have no doubt Cheetah will be a mix of on set costuming and make up as well as CGI, which actually does include things like coloring.

Yeah. I remember hearing when Steven Spielberg first showed jaws to an executive (where the effects weren’t finished and the score wasn’t added yet) and famously the executive said it was “just ok” and then added “but if they laugh at the shark we’re dead”

EZzEp1Y.jpg

I do like that outfit.

It's pretty clearly a nod to the concept of Barbara Minerva putting on a cheetah skin/costume before she actually transformed into The Cheetah.

wig will be great in this at least I hope been a fan of hers since her SNL days

Haven't seen too much of her except the Despicable Me movies lol, she nailed her lines in this trailer.

Was thinking what Emma Stone would look like in this one, WB wanted her. But Kristen might elevate her profile big time after this.

I guess she can do menace better than Emma?

source.gif

source.gif

I really looking forward to seeing the prosthetic work. The whole Cats Movie debacle had me genuinely worried because I assumed for the longest time Patty would go a similar route, but she's been talking up not just the fact they were trying to do as much practically as possible on set, but using prosthetics as the main foundation for Cheetah too.

I really looking forward to seeing the prosthetic work. The whole Cats Movie debacle had me genuinely worried because I assumed for the longest time Patty would go a similar route, but she's been talking up not just the fact they were trying to do as much practically as possible on set, but using prosthetics as the main foundation for Cheetah too.
Yeah, post "Cats", even what was acceptable earlier might be frowned upon now. I mean how many people will like Beast looking like this, if this was the first time they saw him ? ( I think he look great.)

e3efde82a1276890d7c7c25aee992e08.gif

ggn9rt2ng4441.jpg

As long as Cheetah is not CGI (mostly prosthetic with minor CGI), then I don't think we should worry about her looking like Cats. Lol. I love this art despite being human-like.

ggn9rt2ng4441.jpg

As long as Cheetah is not CGI (mostly prosthetic with minor CGI), then I don't think we should worry about her looking like Cats. Lol. I love this art despite being human-like.

Cheetah will be a mix of makeup, prosthetics and CGI. They will use CGI Cheetah when Cheetah is doing jumps and running. For minor actions scenes, I am fine with scenes like this. (obvious wire-work but I will take it.)

giphy.gif

My only problem with the Cheetah look is that she looks so sweet!

Don't quit your day job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"