LA Noire Sequel

If true, hope it's better than the first one. That was a massive disappointment

They need to actually do something with the open world this time or make this a traditional level based game. One of the most unnecessary open worlds in gaming history especially when you consider the outright abuse the developers suffered.

Finally getting a sequel!

They need to actually do something with the open world this time or make this a traditional level based game. One of the most unnecessary open worlds in gaming history especially when you consider the outright abuse the developers suffered.
What happened? Why were the devs abused?

Oh my God yes! I haven't played La Noire just like Red Dead Redemption 1, so I'm itching to finally play a La Noire game in a current console.

There's such a level of care and attention to detail when it comes to GTA V and RDR2, and I'm sure Rockstar will deliver with LN2. I can't wait!

Well that's a shame. Better be much better and different this time during development

I haven't played La Noire but what were the problems with the game?

Theonly bad thing I can remember, gameplay wise is you can't free roam afteryou finish the main story.

I haven't played La Noire but what were the problems with the game?

Theonly bad thing I can remember, gameplay wise is you can't free roam afteryou finish the main story.
The biggest sin the game comits is you have this sprawling 1940s LA and there's almost nothing to do in it but drive. You can skip driving to the case locations. It's completely unnecessary. There's almost no side content to justify it. They also chopped up the main game for DLC. The need to focus on the investigation aspects, fine tuning combat encounters to where they're actually worthwhile.

Team Bondi is defunct so this will likely be Rockstars baby from the ground up which is promising.

Gameplay and visuals was great with interesting characters but lack of content did hurt the replayability after beating the story

I’ll be very interested to see what they’re improving on.

The biggest sin the game comits is you have this sprawling 1940s LA and there's almost nothing to do in it but drive. You can skip driving to the case locations. It's completely unnecessary. There's almost no side content to justify it. They also chopped up the main game for DLC. The need to focus on the investigation aspects, fine tuning combat encounters to where they're actually worthwhile.

Team Bondi is defunct so this will likely be Rockstars baby from the ground up which is promising.
Ah good to know. Maybe that means certain areas of the game will automatically be better due to Rockstar’s experience.

Ah good to know. Maybe that means certain areas of the game will automatically be better due to Rockstar’s experience.
I'm hoping so as well. The irony is I can see a lot of what I don't like about Red Dead 2 being beneficial to an LA Noire sequel.

I'm hoping so as well. The irony is I can see a lot of what I don't like about Red Dead 2 being beneficial to an LA Noire sequel.
Can you expand on that please? I haven’t played RD2 yet.

Can you expand on that please? I haven’t played RD2 yet.
Red Dead 2 puts attention to detail above actual gameplay mechanics. The shooting in Red Dead 2 is actually worse than it's predecessor and the base management mechanics are detrimental to the story, but in LA Noire these elements could be expanded on terms of a murder mystery game.

Red Dead 2 puts attention to detail above actual gameplay mechanics. The shooting in Red Dead 2 is actually worse than it's predecessor and the base management mechanics are detrimental to the story, but in LA Noire these elements could be expanded on terms of a murder mystery game.
Oh yeah, I’d heard a bit about the attention to detail above gameplay mechanics. A shame that the technical shooting is worse than the previous games. You’d expect that to improve with each game, especially when they are so far apart. But it’s a good point re La Noire as attention to detail would be important for that.

To each their own, the gameplay in red dead 2 is fine to me!

This could be fantastic. LA Noire had its issues (and has aged horribly) but I really enjoyed the experience. If the detective gameplay can be built upon, there's real potential here. Rockstar will no doubt give this fantastic presentation.

Yeah Rockstar will eXcel in the presentation. I only buy non special edition of ps4 games and Gta 5 and rdr2 both have a physical map. Its just too bad they only released 1 new game for the ps4 and gta 5 was already released in ps3.

This could be fantastic. LA Noire had its issues (and has aged horribly) but I really enjoyed the experience. If the detective gameplay can be built upon, there's real potential here. Rockstar will no doubt give this fantastic presentation.
There’s been such a long time since the first game that the tech advances of 2 console generations should really give them the ability to make the experience that much more authentic this time.

There’s been such a long time since the first game that the tech advances of 2 console generations should really give them the ability to make the experience that much more authentic this time.

Hell yeah. This has so much potential. I don't often play Rockstar games but I'm in for this.

I trust Rockstar and love all of their games. They're my 2nd favorite game developers/publisher after CD Project Red. I'd say Bethesda but that's mostly just for Doom because of Id

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"