Learning from Iron Fist

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
so I reckon the last time marvel tried to do martial arts it...didn’t exactly work as well as it could have. So what are some good things to do to improve Shang chi’s fortunes?

I reckon setting it in a more interesting setting this time will definitely help like Shanghai. Plus having an actor that actually has learned martial arts before will help because you can definitely tell by the way they walk if they know martial arts or not. What else?

No board meetings and other boring diversions to stay away from the fighting. We didn't show up to the movie for that.

The lackluster fights in Iron Fist still blow my mind.

They gave us arguably the best fight choreography we'd seen in a superhero adaption with Daredevil, and then half-assed it on the character who intrinsically needs great fight choreography.

The second season was better, but I'm sure they'll pale in comparison to this movie. The biggest advantage a movie has is time. They can spend the time to get this right.

I still liked Iron Fist overall, but the martial arts was awful at times. There should be no excuse for that on a movie budget. Everyone should receive the proper training, have good stunt doubles etc.

The fights were so poorly done. Okay, you didn't hire Fin Jones for his fighting, let's see what his acting chops are like. The wasn't any great shakes either. A total mystery was the guy was cast.
That said, Luke Cage and Iron Fist had great chemistry. Even Fin Jones couldn't mess that up.

The fights were so poorly done. Okay, you didn't hire Fin Jones for his fighting, let's see what his acting chops are like. The wasn't any great shakes either. A total mystery was the guy was cast.
That said, Luke Cage and Iron Fist had great chemistry. Even Fin Jones couldn't mess that up.

ClosedPeskyGander-size_restricted.gif

At least Simu knows martial arts so we’re off to a good start!

The guy could pull it off. He was 100% Danny Rand in his episode in Luke Cage. You write him as laid back Danny Rand, Finn Jones nails it. You write him up as this totally different version of Danny Rand, it doesn't work.

The guy could pull it off. He was 100% Danny Rand in his episode in Luke Cage. You write him as laid back Danny Rand, Finn Jones nails it. You write him up as this totally different version of Danny Rand, it doesn't work.
The Luke Cage/Iron Fist team up was fantastic but it was too little too late. The damage to Marvel Netflix had been done.

The Luke Cage/Iron Fist team up was fantastic but it was too little too late. The damage to Marvel Netflix had been done.
Unfortunately, yes. Sucks to have your favorite comic book character become a meme and a joke because of its horrible adaptation. Best thing I can hope for is Iron Fist to become a small supporting character in the MCU down the line.

Yeah. Look I still have hope. I love iron fist and I still think he’s got a ton of potential. Maybe even as something more than a tv series? Maybe he might be the first character to get a video game focus on first like the Witcher?

For starters, this is being produced by Marvel Studios, not Marvel TV, so I have way more faith in them getting it right.

Unfortunately, yes. Sucks to have your favorite comic book character become a meme and a joke because of its horrible adaptation. Best thing I can hope for is Iron Fist to become a small supporting character in the MCU down the line.

If they can reboot Fantastic Four after their numerous garbage movies, why can't they do the same for Iron Fist and then Luke Cage/Heroes for Hire? They would the fit the movies and cinematic scope far more than an ultra-grounded low budget TV show, and the TV shows didn't even capture anything that made either character great in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"