Legion LEGIXN | Season 2 | Episode 10 | Chapter 18

Preview up- David gets himself a power drill.

[YT]dHPF3ZcbRWA[/YT]

So David gets his comic book hair, Kerry kicks more butt, and Farouk finally is back in his own skin. Should make for one hell of a finale. But this was a pretty solid episode, and among other things, had some pretty stellar visuals at times, particularly a lot of the Melanie and Syd stuff.

I enjoyed this episode much more than the last couple.

Melody may be the dumbest most hypocritical character on the show. Everything she ironically delusionally preaches to Syd is a DIRECT reaction formation to her emotions from the trauma of losing Oliver.

Her stupidity makes her seem like a villain. Hope they kill her off and I hope David kills her. She comes off like she reveals the truth about David but in light of her psychological state, she doesnt come off as wise/the teacher...she comes off as hypocritical, self righteous, and manipulative.. "he's a psychopath, want to know how ai know?"... Well, you don't have credentials or expertise to diagnose a specific symptom set of antisocial personality disorder. David is psychotic, not a psychopath. Once again, her hypocrisy here..Melody acts FAR more like a real life psychopath in this episode. Manipulative, compassionless, violent, carefully articulated.

As someone studying to be a clinician, and studying psychology at the graduate level, the show's attempts to educate us on psychology through character dialogue and narration are much more like a pseudopsychology, and aren't well read. The bit about narcissists and the "delusion of the narcissist" and the way they experience the world are a creative person's interpretation of a quick narcissistic personality disorder definition. Without aconowledging the root of the personality disorder in tye first place; deep rooted self esteem. Narcissists do not experience the world the way he describes, symbolically, that isn't accurate either. What Oliver describes as narcissism is more like a symptom of psychotic disorders, liie derealization. Narcissists aren't delusional per se..they just are in deep need of validation, and have inflated sense of self worth, grandiose symptoms and do what they can to impress, to have people on their sides. Challenge it, you are disowned, but timidly respexted. Validate them, you are beloved.

Sorry for the rant, I love the show and the story but this season, they try way to hard to be smart psychologically, and this episode it really was just way too much, and a bit shocking

Last edited:
I was under the impression Melody was under the influence of the Shadow King. Is it fair to judge her for that....?

Melanie, guys. Where are you getting Melody from?

Hee hee. Melanie. :p

I was under the impression Melody was under the influence of the Shadow King. Is it fair to judge her for that....?

That's exactly what was happening. The show set us up to believe that David was torturing Farouk when he was actually in Melanie's body, manipulating Syd. Melanie kissing Farouk's corpse was the SK reuniting with his own body.

Anyway, that was a truly great episode. I didn't see that twist coming, but should have. The scene with the SK resurrecting reminded me of Fantasia, what with the bright colors and bombastic orchestral music.

I wonder if we'll see EvilDavid, and stopping him will be the plot of S3.

I just shake my head at the "over the top" stuff. I don't mind when a TV show tries to carve it's own path, but it's also a bit distracting when they try to bludgeon us over the head with nonsensical stuff:

1. Fukyama makes sense now. He's got a serious neck injury and a full neck-brace on so that's why he wears the basket on his head... to conceal his disability. So my only other question on this matter is... "what in the world is with the mustaches on the Vermilion chicks?"

2. The whole "dance off" and "teeth chattering" disease don't really fit in with the season. They were just a lot of filler, blamed on the Monk, with lots of little oily critters eventually creating a giant critter that was easily flicked away about two minutes later. Okay... thanks for wasting our time on that one!

3. The Monks... don't get me started on them. Apparently they possess magic, as does Division 3. Did you see Lenny pull that rifle out of a box it couldn't possibly fit in? This kind of thing is seriously distracting from the overall story, stylish as it may be. :mnm:

4. I guess I don't mind if the writers like to do recreational drugs, but they should come down off the high first before writing episodes. AND I would recommend that they tone down the more outrageous elements just for the sake of the story. Hey Noah... do ALL the styl-ishio paintings you want to on the side and on your own time please! You can even put as many little pink and green trees in there as you want to. Just have stuff look like it's supposed to in the show.

5. I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Last season was stellar and F/X is infamous for having 20 or 30 new shows every season, most of which never return. But when something goes over well it always seems like they get caught by surprise - what? People LOVED season 1? Oh oh, now what are we going to do for season 2?

6. The extra kick in the butt didn't work either. They had the little "surprise moment" after a perfectly good S1 finale where David gets sucked into the magic 8-ball and then decided they didn't want to continue the story from that point during S2. So they just open with "we found David" and have a casual reference to Cary possibly having built the device in the future. What? We didn't deserve to get a resolution to that incident?

Yeah, my biggest problem with S2 is how unfocused it's been. The writers really need to nail S3's story down before they start filming it. A bigger gap between seasons might be necessary.

I still keep thinking about that big pink bath tub plug. :p Who thinks of these things?

That's exactly what was happening. The show set us up to believe that David was torturing Farouk when he was actually in Melanie's body, manipulating Syd. Melanie kissing Farouk's corpse was the SK reuniting with his own body.

Anyway, that was a truly great episode. I didn't see that twist coming, but should have. The scene with the SK resurrecting reminded me of Fantasia, what with the bright colors and bombastic orchestral music.

I wonder if we'll see EvilDavid, and stopping him will be the plot of S3.

Ah, I missed that. That explains Syd being the brainwashed idiot she is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"