Legion LEGIXN | Season 2 - Episode 3 | Chapter 11

Reaction score
4/17/2018 10 PM ET/PT

David navigates the maze. Written by Noah Hawley & Nathaniel Halpern; directed by Sarah Adina Smith.

Kerry being so not accustomed to being in the world to the point that she doesn't know how to use the bathroom is quite funny.

And loved the poolside interaction between David and Farouk...and the very frantic Lenny.

Bad idea chick is the Twin Peaks frog-bug?

Shouldn't have been a cow in this episode. Now I desperately want some Chick-Fil-A.

Hee hee, lemony. :p

Kerry being so not accustomed to being in the world to the point that she doesn't know how to use the bathroom is quite funny.

And loved the poolside interaction between David and Farouk...and the very frantic Lenny.

Yeah, that bit with Kerry in the bathroom was hilarious. :p

Another mind trip of an episode, but it was a surprise to hear what Farouk thinks of Charles Xavier- or at least people like him- when he talked about people like David's father telling people who look like Farouk how to live and their customs.

No dictator wants to be told his way of life is wrong. :(

The whole bit in Melanie’s mind maze was great and, as it’s been pointed out elsewhere, Hawley’s been sinking his teeth deeper into themes he explored in the last season of Fargo, being adjusted truths, the viral nature of ideas and how we make our cases for preservation in the modern world.

Farouk’s line about David’s father sprung V.M. Varga’s own to mind when he was discussing the line between the spoiled and the impoverished.

Last edited:
All I can say is that all of that teeth chattering is very creepy. :p

Also, even though it's more likely a reference to the real Mary Mallon, liked that Farouk actually did say the name 'Typhoid Mary.'

Yeah, I never even made a connection to the comic book character.

Really enjoying the second season so far, but the ratings are a bit worrying to be honest. At least we have seven episodes left tho. :3

Navid Negahban is pulling an all-time great villain performance on Legion. Effortlessly charismatic, and when he puts on those Shadow King shades he can be truly menacing. Surprised that Jemaine has taken a bit of a backseat thus far though - he's definitely one of the marquee stars of Legion thus far. Maybe he'll be free from Farouk soon enough.

This episode was directed by Sarah Adina Smith, who directed a real interesting indie featuring Rami Malek. As mentioned before w/Amirpour, love the eclectic directors Hawley has assembled here and 2 women to boot!

Hawley definitely knows how to pick the best of the crop to get behind the camera. Really helps reiterate what FX's CEO said when he compared Hawley to Steven Bochco.

On an unrelated note, and I'm sure it's come up before, but the whole teeth chattering thing that emphasizes people infected by the Catalyst...the more I see it, the creepier and unsettling it becomes. It's downright eerie. So in that regard, it's done its job!

chapter-11-infected.jpg

I don't know anything about comics Shadow King. Was he really the dictator of ma country? Why did Professor X take him out? Regardless of what happened, David shouldn't trust him any further than he can throw him.

The twists with the monk was unexpected. [BLACKOUT]I never would have guessed that he was responsible for the teeth chattering. Nor did I foresee him committing suicide.[/BLACKOUT] I guess we're back at square 1 when it comes to finding Farouk's body.

Navid Negahban is pulling an all-time great villain performance on Legion. Effortlessly charismatic, and when he puts on those Shadow King shades he can be truly menacing. Surprised that Jemaine has taken a bit of a backseat thus far though - he's definitely one of the marquee stars of Legion thus far. Maybe he'll be free from Farouk soon enough.

He's so good I'm not even upset that Oliver has barely been in it.

If Hannibal can get three seasons then so can Legion.

Absolutely love Navid Negahban on this show.

tumblr_p7decd2ynW1wktrqko2_540.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"